Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Supporting the team

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Supporting the team

its lucky for the bitored - terrible season so far and the only players that can hold their heads high are boco raf brush and keane. imo we need to compete in a cup and avoid relegation. ventre trys hard but is a liability. peers is indispensible-time for cookie to pull out the stops(if he can). we can finish mid table and win a cup if the luck falls our way. Last night was a horror show. tough cup draw but derry are nothing special

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sligored View Post
    its lucky for the bitored - terrible season so far and the only players that can hold their heads high are boco raf brush and keane. imo we need to compete in a cup and avoid relegation. ventre trys hard but is a liability. peers is indispensible-time for cookie to pull out the stops(if he can). we can finish mid table and win a cup if the luck falls our way. Last night was a horror show. tough cup draw but derry are nothing special
    Your heading "Cork gone and Bohs to follow" seemed like a financial heading and with the exception of Shams can anyone name a club that does not face huge money problems and it is unlikely that the league will finish without some casualties just hope we are not one of them but unless we all get behind the club in these tough times is will be difficult to survive. We need to get out to the games no matter how bad things are on the pitch, we must continue to support the fund raising and for God sake lets not go down the road of abusing some players at matches. Delighted we got Derry in the Showgrounds, with a few of the lads back we have a good chance, forget last Sundays game the team were jaded.
    From now on is the time we can save the club, no using appealing to the fans with a month of the season to go. A few wins would turn the season around and lets be honest apart from Cups we are fighting to stay in the top devision.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Derry are "All-in" tonight as well its progress in Europe or bust for them worrying times if we can finish one place above bottom and manage to stay afloat should be sound for premier division next year and then take a look at our model because it looks like we are going to need cheaper players going forward.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    we need some quality signings its very simple.i cant see micky mac coming back from the gaa so we need to look elsewhere. cookie needs to show he can sign some quality. in fairness to sean connors he knew a good player. some of cooks signings are questionable plus a few dead wood at the club. paying butler (good player, nice lad) for a year after injuring himself, out of his own stupidity is madness. he may never come back as the player he was. cash isnt good enough, richie ryan is one dimensional and too slow, holmes is a finn harps standard defender who lets defenders in behind him too often. thank god doherty gone biggest waste of all. we dont have a natural goal scorer (maybe new signings will prove one) we badly need a centre back and our wingers wont work. put boco rb and morrison right wing as they compliment each other. raf out the left as he will do a great job anywhere and switch keane to cb (may or may not work as looked shaky there so far)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dublinred View Post
    we are going to need cheaper players going forward.
    Please, never use that turn of phrase again. It's Fianna Fáil propaganda speak that means nothing, and football is where I take refuge from this country's shortcomings.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Its obvious the league over all cant sustain full time status and Rovers should go back to this next season. A daft two week break in the middle of the season doesnt help.

With the legends match gone up the spout and Setanta also more than likely not going to happen, money is going to be tight.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SligoBrewer View Post
    Please, never use that turn of phrase again. It's Fianna Fáil propaganda speak that means nothing, and football is where I take refuge from this country's shortcomings.
    In fairness it was very much a US phrase initially

back on topic...
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rovers100% View Post
    we need some quality signings its very simple.i cant see micky mac coming back from the gaa so we need to look elsewhere. cookie needs to show he can sign some quality. in fairness to sean connors he knew a good player. some of cooks signings are questionable plus a few dead wood at the club. paying butler (good player, nice lad) for a year after injuring himself, out of his own stupidity is madness. he may never come back as the player he was. cash isnt good enough, richie ryan is one dimensional and too slow, holmes is a finn harps standard defender who lets defenders in behind him too often. thank god doherty gone biggest waste of all. we dont have a natural goal scorer (maybe new signings will prove one) we badly need a centre back and our wingers wont work. put boco rb and morrison right wing as they compliment each other. raf out the left as he will do a great job anywhere and switch keane to cb (may or may not work as looked shaky there so far)
    So how many players exactly do you want us to sign?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nah Nah Nah Nah View Post
    So how many players exactly do you want us to sign?
    so what do you propose, stick to whats not working !!! tell me the solution i would be delighted to hear it. we need a centre back and a new midfielder and we will prob have to let players go financially to do that. do you think paying butler for a year is fair out of his idiotic actions. if that happened any of us at work would we be as accomodated ???

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    In fairness it was very much a US phrase initially

back on topic...
    Brewer, if you back me in the removal of in fairness (condescending Cork expression) I will hold anyone down while you bludgeon them for the use of going forward. Let us start the cleansing of our board of these blots on our linguistic landscape and I nominate you for the Presidency of the newly formed TPA (Talk Properly Alliance)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by avvenalaf View Post
    Brewer, if you back me in the removal of in fairness (condescending Cork expression) I will hold anyone down while you bludgeon them for the use of going forward. Let us start the cleansing of our board of these blots on our linguistic landscape and I nominate you for the Presidency of the newly formed TPA (Talk Properly Alliance)

in fairness lads, a list of phrases that shouldn't be used would be most helpful, going forward.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    In fairness, with such a tight budget, signings are going to be a little bit and miss. keane has been a good signing, morrison despite his lack of effort has still contributed a lot, then you look at players like boco, butler etc. Also, weren't a lot of Connor's signings recommendations from Gerry Cassidy?

Butler had a contract so there wasn't much we could do.

We don't have a natural goal-scorer, but nor do most of the teams around us. Cork (arguably they have behan), Drogheda, Bray, Pats (considering quigley is injured), Dundalk, Galway, - none of these sides have a natural goal scorer. Plus, raf has 11 goals (I think) this season which isn't bad. Allied to that, we have signed Blinkhorn who could fit the bill.

I agree with the last bit in bold. But the only reason we don't have centre halfs is down to injuries.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rovers fan View Post
    in fairness, with such a tight budget, signings are going to be a little bit and miss. Keane has been a good signing, morrison despite his lack of effort has still contributed a lot, then you look at players like boco, butler etc. Also, weren't a lot of connor's signings recommendations from gerry cassidy?

Butler had a contract so there wasn't much we could do.

We don't have a natural goal-scorer, but nor do most of the teams around us. Cork (arguably they have behan), drogheda, bray, pats (considering quigley is injured), dundalk, galway, - none of these sides have a natural goal scorer. Plus, raf has 11 goals (i think) this season which isn't bad. Allied to that, we have signed blinkhorn who could fit the bill.

I agree with the last bit in bold. But the only reason we don't have centre halfs is down to injuries.

yellow card.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    i still think more work needs to be done on our tactics, corners and free kicks. we have no variation whatsoever !!! if blinkhorn and turner turn out to a sucess it will be a major bonus as allows us to play boco and raf elsewhere plus we will have strikers who wil challenge effectivaly in the air. hopefully paul and the committee will get us in another 2 or 3 bodies. we have the basis of a good team with brush,peers,keane,boco and raf

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Well Red View Post
    and for God sake lets not go down the road of abusing some players at matches.
    With performances like the last night, thats exactly where we are going and as we are paying their wages we are fully entitled to do so.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Real Rover View Post
    With performances like the last night, thats exactly where we are going and as we are paying their wages we are fully entitled to do so.

i agree to a certain extent as we cant say nothing when people not performing, they have to be let known its not good enough but then ya have the ones who do nothing more than shout abuse. i usually sit in the red stand and there is an old fella who sits near us who only shouts abuse never cheers on. now there are days is funny but times it does not help. he has a younger sidekick and last week keohane was there scapegoat. i for one thought he done well at lest he tried to beat a man and get a cross in. that does no help but for players to not even put in the effort i think we as paying fans are well entitled too !! its getting the balance right lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    last week keohane was there scapegoat
    That's the height of stupidity (or ignorance). A young fella breaks into the team, tries his hardest (harder than anybody probably) and he gets some idiot shouting at him. Like how is abusing him gonna do any good

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    i agree to a certain extent as we cant say nothing when people not performing, they have to be let known its not good enough but then ya have the ones who do nothing more than shout abuse. i usually sit in the red stand and there is an old fella who sits near us who only shouts abuse never cheers on. now there are days is funny but times it does not help. he has a younger sidekick and last week keohane was there scapegoat. i for one thought he done well at lest he tried to beat a man and get a cross in. that does no help but for players to not even put in the effort i think we as paying fans are well entitled too !! its getting the balance right lol
    I was sitting beside the same person or someone else who used Danny as a scapegoat. The match against Drogheda wasnt his greatest day in a Rovers jersey, but he made up for it against Cork as one of the better performing players and all his other performances this season. Agree with what Rovers fan said considering his age, hes only what 19/20 ? Anyone whoa ctually has some common sense and a bit of knowledge of football would know Keohane is a hot prospect with a great future ahead of him, booing someone whos only 20 really is just pathetic, who's to say he wont be a key player for us in the near future ?
    Coleman for Ireland

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    [QUOTE=rovers100%;1191758]but your dealing with people who have not a clue when comes too football, that old fella followed football when it was 11 v 11 kicking lumps outta each other and hoofing the ball upfield. the young fella with him(bout 30 with smig) has not a clue bout football my friend beside me actually turned around to them and told them shut the fcuk up if they hadnt anything good to say. ya have a small % who just shout at games and nothing more. i remember one week richie was brutakl in fairness but the old boy had cookies head bursted with roaring to take him off (it was funny tho)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    I know who yer talkin about R100%. He's been like that all his life. He's put his foot in it a few times too.

A gentleman outside The Showgies though.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast