Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Weekend Latest 10/07

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    I honestly didn't think refereeing in this league could get any worse but seriously some of the decisions made tonight were beyond an absolute joke.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dfclilywhite View Post
    I honestly didn't think refereeing in this league could get any worse but seriously some of the decisions made tonight were beyond an absolute joke.
    eh, richie winters, worst referee, ever!
    He has never had a good game that I have seen,

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kkontour View Post
    At least if he's going to be bad, be bad for both teams. Bohs got everything tonight.

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts

Views on Red Card in Dundalk V Bohs

Quote Originally Posted by kkontour View Post
    Just in from the game in Oriel - Bohs were clear winners, and the game was over as a contest when Michael Daly was sent off after 15 minutes.

It's very difficult to be objective about referring decisions when you are passionately engrossed in the game; but to me this was an outrageous red card and ruined the game - Bohs are hard enough to play against with 11 men!

Curious to hear the red carding views from anyone who watched on Setanta (with the benefits of replay) - how did the commentators or analyists view it?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Deleted
    For all your League of Ireland news - www.extratime.ie

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    Kid that was near the wall when it fell walked off. He didn't look hurt, just shocked. A man was taking off to hospital on a stretcher with a neck brace but he was moving his arms so it could just have been a precaution.
    Extratime.ie

Yo te quiero, mi querida. Sin tus besos, yo soy nada.

Abri o portão de ouro, da maquina do tempo.

Mi mamá me hizo guapo, listo y antimadridista.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts
    What a result for Kildare County tonight, one nil down to win four one

I think most people felt they would get a result tonight but not by that margin.

Major result for Shels tonight in the title race for the first division. They are now four points clear with a game in hand.

Big blow for Derry tonight and it's Rovers now looking more likely challengers for the title having put together a much more consistent run of late and Derry are just so unpredictable. They can beat Bohs one week then lose to Drogs/Bray the next, not the form of a title winning side imo.

At the bottom end, Galway really needed that win, with Drogs winning the pressure would have really been on, now it looks like Sligo are the team looking over their shoulder. Bray's future looks more and more bleak by each passing game tbh.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Anyone watch our game with the gypos? What ye think of the ref? I think he deserves to be repeatedly kicked in the balls for that performance tonight.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brianw82 View Post
    Dang, there'll be consequences for both clubs for this, I'd say!
    Havent been over that side of the ground in a good few years. But it seemed a bit weird because it was at the bowling alley end right at the corner flag and that are has been cordoned off for quite a while.

When twigg scored quite a few fans ran onto the pitch and he ran towards the area of wall which collapsed my guess was that the fans pushed forward and the wall collapsed then.

Can't really blame the fans, not sure if you can really blame Bray.

It will be interesting to see what the FAI do as a result of this as if they do hold Bray responsible with a fine etc then surely they have to take a huge amount of responsibility for
    a) then they are saying the ground is not safe however they deemed it safe by giving us a license
    b) they arent taking the infrastructure seriously as they need to make funds available to all clubs to bring their grounds up to standard

Hope anyone injured are ok.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    For the attention of Bray and Derry Fans:

Bray: WHat happened there tonight? WHich wall fell, was it the small wall surrounding the pitch or the bigger walls around the ground itself?

Derry: What happened both on and off the pitch? Bomb scare? was there much Drogs up?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Black and White View Post

Bray: WHat happened there tonight? WHich wall fell, was it the small wall surrounding the pitch or the bigger walls around the ground itself?

Derry: What happened both on and off the pitch? Bomb scare? was there much Drogs up?
    It was the small wall surrounding the pitch literally at the corner flag on the away fans side (dart side)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    The Wall in question was here: http://www.extratime.ie/newsdesk/articles/2136/

Derry - controlled explosion on the bridge area I think.
    For all your League of Ireland news - www.extratime.ie

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tippex View Post
    It will be interesting to see what the FAI do as a result of this as if they do hold Bray responsible with a fine etc then surely they have to take a huge amount of responsibility for
    a) then they are saying the ground is not safe however they deemed it safe by giving us a license
    b) they arent taking the infrastructure seriously as they need to make funds available to all clubs to bring their grounds up to standard.
    I imagine we'll have to tear down the entire wall and rebuild it. If one part of the wall is unsafe then it doesn't bode well for the rest of it. Whether the FAI will foot the bill is anyone's guess.
    Extratime.ie

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Bomb scare after a van was left on the bottom deck of Craigavon Bridge. Not too near the ground but a major through road so the game was put back ten minutes to allow people to cross the Foyle Bridge and make their way from there.

On the pitch, we couldn't break them down and were hit by a sucker punch with 2 minutes left. Our own fault for not finishing Drogs off when we were in control. Decent travelling support as well. Fair play to the Drogs supporters, I guess quite a few of them missed a good part of the game because of the bomb scare though as there seemed to be very few there when the game kicked off.

FORMERLY: City till I Die Aaron's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts

Yeah, one of our work vans was hi-jacked and a suspected bomb placed in the van, told him to drive to Craigavon bridge. Bridge is closed and will be for a while yet. About 150 Drogs fans up.

On the pitch, Derry played like we did last week pure and utter ****e!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    As far as I could make out from maybe 100m away, what happened at Bray was. ..Twigg scored after a fumble by the Bray keeper. Twigg runs over to the Rovers end, crowd run up to and obviously push against the wall. Wall collapses, fans leaning on the wall sent flying Fans ran on due to Twigg's reaction, he obviously saw the wall collapse straight away and was worried for the kid so stopped running over to the fans and started pointing at the wall. To the fans who hadn't seen the wall go down it probably looked like some nonchalant Ronaldo style celebration and that he was pointing to the fans/calling them on.

It wasn't too dramatic, one fan hospitalised in a neck brace and being given oxygen but was waving as being taken away, the kid who was hurt wasn't seriously hurt and walked away with a cut too his leg apparently though I'm sure it was pretty scary for the kid/parents. It wasn't a large volume of Rovers fans, nor was it a fact they were running on the pitch.

Apparently one Bray official mentioned that a collapse had been 'on the cards' so I'd imagine they'll be in a bit of bother about the state of that. The Garda reaction was glacial, very poor response from them, they couldn't even manage or try to ask all fans to move away from the wall until about 10 minutes after it happens Bray officials asked them to do so. Just shows how inept the Gardaí would be if anything serious did occur.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    Good game of football in the Carlisle Grounds besides all that, though Buttimer had a shocker, booking Rovers players for nothing, and then doesn't book Sives for a bad challenge that resulted in a Bray player going off injured. Sean O'Connor given a red card for dissent long after Buttimer had lost control of the game. Awful performance from the man in black.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jicked View Post
    Awful performance from the man in black.
    There have been far worse performances this season, actually thought he wasnt too bad tonight, not too fussy.
    "I'm just a chilled out entertainer"

Blog

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    On the wall, it was a nice touch by Michael O'Neill to come over and ask the Rovers fans to move away from the bit where the wall collapsed.
    Extratime.ie

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by centre mid View Post
    There have been far worse performances this season, actually thought he wasnt too bad tonight, not too fussy.
    Booking Baker for simulation when he had the Bray keeper on top of him? Then not booking two Bray players for simulation despite waving them to their feet? Booking Rovers players for niggly fouls, not Bray players. Missing a rather obvious (or so it seemed) Rovers penalty in the first half when Sean O'Connor had his jersey pulled back. Not booking Craig Sives for a terrible foul on the Bray no. 12, he didn't even give a free kick! When the wall was down he was over checking with security staff how it was going, took time out to smirk, wink and chat back to Rovers fans shouting from the stands.

Don't think it's one for his scrapbook.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast