Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 0-3 v Cork City

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    I think Boco must be moved into central midfield and either O'Grady or Ryan dropped. I know he's great at RB but we have to change something in central midfield, and bar bringing in another midfielder, that's the only option I can think of. At least he'd be able to run at people and do something.

In the heights of elation since 7.18pm 14/11/10
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Throwing this one out there for opinions, looking at our current situation, financial and all that, would it be a bad thing to approach Michael McNamara if Sligo are beaten by Kerry? Probably wouldnt cost a fortune and at least would have played in that position before, could release Ventre into midfield as another option.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Redkenrover View Post
    Throwing this one out there for opinions, looking at our current situation, financial and all that, would it be a bad thing to approach Michael McNamara if Sligo are beaten by Kerry? Probably wouldnt cost a fortune and at least would have played in that position before, could release Ventre into midfield as another option.
    I doubt he'd want to come back. Hopefully Blinkhorn and Turner will be a success. Switch Rommy and Raf to the wings.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Would be interesting to see what sort of a difference Ventre will make alonside O' Grady this season but I think we can do better than McNamara.
    Coleman for Ireland

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sligofan4ever View Post
    Would be interesting to see what sort of a difference Ventre will make alonside O' Grady this season but I think we can do better than McNamara.
    Only thing is, we are after signing two strikers, cant be much money left in the kitty for a centre back and where are we going to get a quality one on the cheap. Will be hard to attract top players to a struggling team unless we can offer them good money. Our focus needs to be to strengthen defence.

I would like to see what Boco and Ventre would be like in the middle.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Only thing is, we are after signing two strikers, cant be much money left in the kitty for a centre back and where are we going to get a quality one on the cheap. Will be hard to attract top players to a struggling team unless we can offer them good money. Our focus needs to be to strengthen defence.

I would like to see what Boco and Ventre would be like in the middle.

Turner and Blinkhorn were free, Blinkhorn got released by Morcambe in May and I dont know who Turner last played with.
    Coleman for Ireland

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Smile

no turner was not free. he was recomended by gerry cassidy & paul cooke did not source him. cassidy has got players for rovers in the past. we need to get both turner & blinkhorn match fit which will take another few weeks & hopefully they can be of benefit to the club. our major concern is gavin peers who i believe is having a scan this week. keep your fingers crossed & say a few prayers tht gavin will be ok.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sligofan4ever View Post
    Turner and Blinkhorn were free, Blinkhorn got released by Morcambe in May and I dont know who Turner last played with.
    Fair point but they still have to be paid each week. Does anyone know if we had to pay money to the players who have left the club

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Peers said he was to have the scan today (Monday).

I thought Cook should have left Turner on the pitch and put Morrisson on the left with Raf on the right. At least the two of them could have tried to put balls into Blinkhorn and Turner.
    Whats that comin' over the hill

It's the Monster,

The Cookie Monster!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Dont really think McNamara would add much..was good in the 1st division but its a step up and he has been away from soccer a couple of years now.....also lads dont like to criticse any player but the calls for Ventre to play in central midfield on this thread amaze me!!..we are complaining of a lack of creativity for the stikers and ye reckon putting the player with probably the least amount of football in him in midfield will change that?..he tries hard and is an ok defender but a central midfielder he aint!!..also his temper is a liabilty..when i see him going for a challange i fear the worst..always likely to make a rash tackle and get ANOTHER red card...and that is no help to anyone.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CarrickFan View Post
    Dont really think McNamara would add much..was good in the 1st division but its a step up and he has been away from soccer a couple of years now.....also lads dont like to criticse any player but the calls for Ventre to play in central midfield on this thread amaze me!!..we are complaining of a lack of creativity for the stikers and ye reckon putting the player with probably the least amount of football in him in midfield will change that?..he tries hard and is an ok defender but a central midfielder he aint!!..also his temper is a liabilty..when i see him going for a challange i fear the worst..always likely to make a rash tackle and get ANOTHER red card...and that is no help to anyone.
    Agreed
    "Overwhelmed"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CarrickFan View Post
    I think you may have missed the point in the calls for Ventre for centre mid.
    There seems to be two problems in midfield, no creativity and no bite. I think certainly Ventre is not the answer to the creativity problem but could give a more physical element to midfield, to be honest O Grady just hasn't been making the tackles and there is no protection for a weak back four. I would like to see Boco (for the creative side) in the middle. At least he might give an attacking edge in there. When was the last time one of our midfield made runs beyond the front two? We just seem so slow in our build up play and before anyone starts I'm not advocating a hoof ball approach, but all we seem to do is get the ball out wide and then maybe pass it across ther pitch again.

Hope you are not so amazed now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    And I also take on board your point about his temper but the only way you can guarantee he wont be sent off is to leave him on the bench, a luxury we cant afford at present.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    I think you may have missed the point in the calls for Ventre for centre mid.
    There seems to be two problems in midfield, no creativity and no bite. I think certainly Ventre is not the answer to the creativity problem but could give a more physical element to midfield, to be honest O Grady just hasn't been making the tackles and there is no protection for a weak back four. I would like to see Boco (for the creative side) in the middle. At least he might give an attacking edge in there. When was the last time one of our midfield made runs beyond the front two? We just seem so slow in our build up play and before anyone starts I'm not advocating a hoof ball approach, but all we seem to do is get the ball out wide and then maybe pass it across ther pitch again.

Hope you are not so amazed now
    I take ur points..dont think Danny would offer any more than O'Grady..am a fan of his even if its not his best season..Bocu could be a good option but i like him out wide...i'd be afraid it Ventre was asked to add "bite" to our midfield we'd finish with 10 men every week..needs to cop on a little in that respect imo.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234