Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Full House At Tallaght

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Another Full House At Tallaght

No, I'm not trying to rub peoples noses in it , but rather I'm celebrating that the League of Ireland can pack out the stadiums if we go about it the right way.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wedwood View Post
    No, I'm not trying to rub peoples noses in it , but rather I'm celebrating that the League of Ireland can pack out the stadiums if we go about it the right way.
    Is the new stand fully open now?!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dillonman View Post
    Is the new stand fully open now?!
    Both stands will be fully open for the Bohs game onwards.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    Whats peoples problem with this, A LOI club has sold out a home game, its great news and calling Rvers fans glory hunters, who cares what they are hunting once they are going, far play to them, we all wish our clubs could sell 5,000 tickets for every match
    Here on a technicality.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    the League of Ireland can pack out the stadiums if we go about it the right way.
    Not every team has the chance to start afresh in an untapped market right beside a LUAS stop.

I don't mean that to sound unkind, but Shamrock Rovers are still new in Tallaght. Bohs are still Bohs in Phibsborough, same as they were last season. Same for ourselves, Galway, Cork, etc.

They have marketed themselves brilliantly, though. All credit to them for that.

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    No ifs, no buts, no maybes....this is just brilliant stuff.

6000 crowd sell outs - more of the same is what is needed, at Shamrock Rovers and every other club.

The match day experience at Tallaght is excellent and congratulations to all concerned.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

All good....for everyone

A positive story for the league, well done Rovers.I presume its live on TV?. The classic Dublin derby, top of the table clash, complete sellout, superb pitch and stadium, can it get any better for Irish football fans?

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Well done shams. Its a shame ye will lose the title in sligo tonight

Any idea how many tickets could be sold if not limited to 6000?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Well done Shams, its good to see any LoI club getting sell out crowds.
    Its good for football and good for the League.
    Im just wondering where all these "fans" were when ye were playing in Tolka?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Real Rover View Post
    Most likely barstooling it up in pubs right across the southside! Some have been shown the light however...

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie Dean View Post
    Well done shams. Its a shame ye will lose the title in sligo tonight

Any idea how many tickets could be sold if not limited to 6000?
    I'd hazard a conservative guess at around 10,000. Its a very big match and its sold out more than a week in advance. Also Bohs were given 500, as league champions they could have brought much more. (I would hope)
    Last edited by Buller; 26/09/2009 at 10:05 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts
    After all the disasters going on around us in the league its good to see something positive for a change even if it is for Shamrock Rovers :P

The crowds so far out in Tallaght have been great. I was talking to a lot of lapsed Rovers fans a while back and they all stated they would be getting season tickets now they had a "home"
    Roddy Collins, the biggest <insert as appropiate> in Irish Football.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Real Rover View Post

I dont think its important were they were but only that they have bought tickets for rovers this season .Why are people so spiteful when a club actually goes and does what we all want our own clubs to do .Fair play to rovers its great and im feckin jealous of them .Lucky gits .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Another great thing about the gates has been the high % of season tickets at each game.

I didnt really think we'd get as high as 2500 season ticket holders in the first season. I've even heard of some long standing fans who are not season ticket holders who turned up close to ko at the Pats game and were shocked to find out they wouldnt be able to get in and who were raging and saying they would get their season tickets next year.

Live in Tallaght myself, and have come across loads of stories of people who never followed LOI before buying season tickets and are really enjoying going to the games.

Hopefully next year we can sell 3000+ season tickets!

bhs

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    It's good to see a club get good support. However there are extenuating circumstances that may be the cause of the big support, ie new stands, new club to the area and you doing well. Soon the new stands and being new to the area will be a thing of the past, then you'll have to really work to sustain your crowds. Which i hope you do, as there's nothing better than a well filled ground.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Excellent stuff for Rovers! Anybody who seeks out negatives in selling out a LoI match is suffering a big dose of the green eyed monster...i am extremely jealous of the way things have worked out so well for them but hey better them than nobody! Novelty value is often commented on here in regard to attendances, Rovers will do well to consistently maintain this level of attendance in the medium/long term - if it cant be done at Tallaght and the excellent matchday experience well then it wont happen anywhere and theories on the 'build it and they will come' scenario will be proven one way or another.
    On an aside a good proportion of the younger Dundalk fans are products of the bug biting due to the 2002 Cup semi, and final, so in my opinion the big match day assuming it is a positive experience will grab the attention of many people so i would think that Rovers are on the verge of a successful era - closely followed by Dundalk of course as old rivalries are renewed and the charlatans of recent years are well and truely back in their respective boxes

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    On an aside a good proportion of the younger Dundalk fans are products of the bug biting due to the 2002 Cup semi, and final, so in my opinion the big match day assuming it is a positive experience will grab the attention of many people so i would think that Rovers are on the verge of a successful era
    Less mention of that game please Remains the only game I've left early despite worse defeats before and since. Nightmares..
    The Model Club

Tell all the Bohs you know
    that we've gone and won two-in-a-row
    and it's not gonna be three
    and it's not gonna be four
    it's more likely to be 5-1.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,629 Posts
    does this thread mean the successful Rovers foot.ie boycott has come to an end?

MickNolan
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    does this thread mean the successful Rovers foot.ie boycott has come to an end?

Most still do...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    D'you know ... if i was a Rovers fan i wouldn't care what other people think. I'd love to be there on match night when you have capacity crowd there, the atmosphere, the pre-match buzz, you just have to soak it up. Its what its all about .... the build up, the anticipation, the actual need for points on the table and wishing the game goes your way.

When city had capacity crowds in 2004, 2005 alot of our fans were so far up their own, rubbing peoples noses in it, i couldn't help thinking why not just enjoy it. At the time i was saying it was great to have crowds when City and Pats were going head to head a few years earlier and then crowds fell away again. And by that i meant the crowds wont last forever so it will come back to bite us soon after so why grate off people? Its four years later now and some of the gates this season have been poor. Four years isn't a long time in my opinion.

If Rovers are doing it right, and demand dictates the progress on the other stands in Tallaght then i'd be proud (LOI) and jealous (club) all at the same time. I love this league and full time footie, summer soccer, licensing and brief glimpses of success in the system like selling players or other signs that sustainability is not far off has helped to highlight what can happen if its done right. It all takes at least five years before it shows any return and the sooner it happens then the sooner our league gets on the map.

If this "sold out" poster is a sign of it all happening then i dont have an issue with it. I say bring it on. I wish it was us first. Every club needs to get to this stage.
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    hopefully the game lives up to the hype and its good football. biggest game of the season in loi. 2000 of them tickets are prob fans looking to go to a comedy and realise at 15euro its cheaper and twice as funny to go to a loi match and watch the standard of refereeing than to go to a tommy tiernan gig !!!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast