Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 150 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Cork AUL 2009/10

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    What's your position going forward this season weeman? I'd prefer you stayed. Enjoy your posts i do!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

Olachio

Blackstones manager from last year unfortunately decided to move on. He took us to new levels, gave us a taste of new heights. We wish him well.

Our new management team is:

Vincent Forde(ex Castleview)

Kieran Tagney (ex Hibs & Glenthorn)

We are delighted with our new team, two experienced guys who seem interested in the both club and team.

Littleman, no matter what position you have, there are many conversations that you can join in without effecting whatever position it is you have.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

littleman

It wouldnt make any sense to stop contributing on here littleman. The reality is there is never too much controversy on this forum in any case.

Nothing wrong in giving us Norrie News, reporting on games etc

By the way, what is your new role?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Horse24 View Post
    Vincent Forde(ex Castleview)

Kieran Tagney (ex Hibs & Glenthorn)
    Is Vincie, John and Jason's father?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Norrie News

Myself and Robbie O'Callaghan have been named as joint managers of Gratttans 1st team.So Bog,Tizz,Rebel,Park Boy,an Jungle lookin forward to havin ye as guests up in O'Neill Park.

Hosre I think ye made an excellent decision in yer replacements,Vincey is a top top bloke and knows football inside and out.Keiran has plenty to give as well so yer in good hands.

And lastly cheers lads for the honest comments an PS, I'm not really into animals but I love you to Oli,
    Their's only one Dinny Pop's.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Ah stay littleman. Congrats too bud. Hopefully we get a chance to prove our worth against ye
    COBH RAMBLERS FIRST DIV CHAMPS 2007

http://irish-abroad.appspot.com/GameDayDetails fantastic website by tetsujin1979

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Actually go.........

"Horse I think ye made an excellent decision in yer replacements,Vincey is a top top bloke and knows football inside and out.Keiran has plenty to give as well so yer in good hands.

And lastly cheers lads for the honest comments an PS, I'm not really into animals but I love you to Oli,"

Littleman I dont know whether to feel insulted or complimented by that last comment so I retract my previous comment
    I´m an animal???

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    On a totally different note I´m actually delighted to see that my old club Hibs have finally got a decision right - (ok it took them a few years but they got there!!!!) The appointment of Father and Son team of Eddie and Terrence McSweeney is a good one - Both have been involved in the club in the not too distant past and are more commonly associated with Ballinlough Celtic in the Nite Leagues - so they will have a few connections with players - maybe the club have finally realised that the locals just arent that interested!!

So and I say this sincerely I wish them luck!!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by littleman View Post
    Myself and Robbie O'Callaghan have been named as joint managers of Gratttans 1st team.So Bog,Tizz,Rebel,Park Boy,an Jungle lookin forward to havin ye as guests up in O'Neill Park.

Hosre I think ye made an excellent decision in yer replacements,Vincey is a top top bloke and knows football inside and out.Keiran has plenty to give as well so yer in good hands.

And lastly cheers lads for the honest comments an PS, I'm not really into animals but I love you to Oli,
    Congrads on ur new post hope everythin goes well,well lads its a new season so i might tell everybody the club im involed is ballyvolane,starting pre season next week so roll on from there!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

Bits & Bobs

Quote Originally Posted by pacman View Post
    Is Vincie, John and Jason's father?
    He is indeed. Jason played with us last season, and did very well.

Congrats Littleman - hope it goes well

Are Ballyvolane starting a schoolboys section?

Did anyone get a start date for the season or the date for the July AUL meeting?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Horse24 View Post
    He is indeed. Jason played with us last season, and did very well.

Congrats Littleman - hope it goes well

Are Ballyvolane starting a schoolboys section?

Did anyone get a start date for the season or the date for the July AUL meeting?
    Ya we are where starting up a youths team trying to make the club bigger,so hopefully it will work out for us,as this year our club is 40 years in the aul,thats no mean feet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Lads put in a search on you tube for colm coveney or blackpool celtic and sit back and enjoy....what a goal..if this was on tele we would be raving about it..it was actually this years corianthians cup semi final..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Took a complete break,went on hols with the family,recharged the batteries and had a good think about the coming season and wether it was for me.. back for another year hopefully to go one better than last year..good news lads is that there will be no fairfield next year as we have managed to secure pfizer park for our home games next year..saw it last week and it is some set up to be fair..fabolous facilites and surface and should really suit us.. so that gave me the incentive i needed..not trying to say anything just thought that goal was worth seeing
    welcome aboard littleman wont be long till the small amount of hair you have goes grey but it can be very enjoyable too...seems like we are not invited up to o neil park at all next year so we will have to take everyone elses word on the dressing rooms!!!!!!
    lastly congrats to all concerned at grattan on the dressing rooms..passed them during the week ant they certainly look the part.. casilles saw your pics on facebook.stay off those pies for everyones sake

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by streetscene View Post
    Lads put in a search on you tube for colm coveney or blackpool celtic and sit back and enjoy....what a goal..if this was on tele we would be raving about it..it was actually this years corianthians cup semi final..
    Which one????? Both are screamers!!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Norrie news

Ahhh theres always one ya forget an the first thing they do is remind ya.It was an open invite to all,sorry I shall give myself 20 lashes first thing in the mornin.

Welcome on board Rebelhead the more we have the better and there'l be no hard feelins from the Gratts,we lost fair an square last season an thats football for ya aint it.An I have all the respect in the world for clubs tryin to improve.On an off the pitch.

Street I heard the news about yerselves goin down to Pfizers a few weeks ago in the Anglers. If ue were gettin the Fairfield re done then I could understand it,but leavin it all together,,,,,,,,,tis a risky one for me.It wasnt great but it was yer own an ye could have done sometin with it along the way,terrible ptiy to see a northside club have to go to so far to improve.But I presume ye know what ye are doin.

I have 2 babies at home a wife an I do shift work,not to mention the club so grey hair par for the course.
    Their's only one Dinny Pop's.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

fairfield

Streetscene, why are ye leaving the fairfield. Is it just this year or permanently?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

littleman

congrats on the job littleman. Will you be continuing as club secretary also?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

Faira

I must admit Im suprised at the Faira move too. We were nearly there a few times, but we just fancied the off beat location of Monard. I always thought the Faira was one of the best pitches for taking a bit of rain.
    They seem to working on the surrounds and I do think dressing rooms are in the plans there.Best of luck in Pfizer

Monard seems to have swung our way a bit more, the money for the new road wont be coming soon, houses wont be built there soon, so, long term, who knows?

Fair play rebelhed. Hope it works out. 40 years is a big achievement, we are 10 years this year and found out that of the 120 teams when we joined, 40 arent in the league anymore.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by streetscene View Post
    Took a complete break,went on hols with the family,recharged the batteries and had a good think about the coming season and wether it was for me.. back for another year hopefully to go one better than last year..good news lads is that there will be no fairfield next year as we have managed to secure pfizer park for our home games next year..saw it last week and it is some set up to be fair..fabolous facilites and surface and should really suit us.. so that gave me the incentive i needed..not trying to say anything just thought that goal was worth seeing
    To be honest i think ye are making a big mistake - its like loosing part of ye´re identity!!! As far as i know there is no Blarney Street in Ringaskiddy or Shanbally and the groundsman there is in charge not ye so if there is even a tiny bit of rain the match is off much like garryduff

Now dont get me wrong i wish ye luck but sometimes i feel these moves just dont work out - i´m prepared to eat my words if proved wrong!!!!
    Last edited by olachico; 05/07/2009 at 11:50 AM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by olachico View Post
    To be honest i think ye are making a big mistake - its like loosing part of ye´re identity!!! As far as i know there is no Blarney Street in Ringaskiddy or Shanbally and the groundsman there is in charge not ye so if there is even a tiny bit of rain the match is off much like garryduff

Now dont get me wrong i wish ye luck but sometimes i feel these moves just dont work out - i´m prepared to eat my words if proved wrong!!!!
    Everybody has transport at the moment so a couple of miles should be no big deal.
    Avondale's base is in Blackrock not Carrigaline and that works for them.
    At least there are showers in Pfizers. The days of togging out in sheds should be put behind us once and for all.
    I don't think a city team would like to travel back from Coachford or Kinsale in November without a shower and the feeling is mutual. Delighted to see them moving to a pitch with decent facilities.
    Could help attract players too.

Page 2 of 150 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast