Page 3 of 150 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Cork AUL 2009/10

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shilts View Post
    Everybody has transport at the moment so a couple of miles should be no big deal.
    Avondale's base is in Blackrock not Carrigaline and that works for them.
    At least there are showers in Pfizers. The days of togging out in sheds should be put behind us once and for all.
    I don't think a city team would like to travel back from Coachford or Kinsale in November without a shower and the feeling is mutual. Delighted to see them moving to a pitch with decent facilities.
    Could help attract players too.
    Ok as i said its only my opinion but i feel a club should have some sort of loose attachment to where its from! Avondales schoolboys play in Beaumont which is in blackrock thus maintaining their link!! And on the subject of Avondale Park in carrigaline at least they own that and I have been informed in the past that if they got a good enough offer they´d be gone in a shot . I just feel Blarney Street will be loosing a little something!! Younger people who will be the Blarney street Players of the future dont have their own transport so wont be able to get to games perhaps

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Everybody has transport at the moment so a couple of miles should be no big deal.
    At least there are showers in Pfizers. The days of togging out in sheds should be put behind us once and for all.
    I don't think a city team would like to travel back from Coachford or Kinsale in November without a shower and the feeling is mutual. Delighted to see them moving to a pitch with decent facilities.
    As Shilts points out all the other teams in the league will be delighted Blarney Street have moved. Nice pitch with nice dressing rooms and showers, now every team will look forward to their away fixture to Blarney Street.

Compare that to last year, how many teams enjoyed travelling up to the fairfield, getting changed in their cars or else in a crappy dressing room, having young fellas throw stones at you during the game. No team liked to travel up there and that was a big advantage to Blarney Street.

I remember playing Park one day up there with Villa, where there were fellas on motorbikes on one side of the pitch, fellas on horses on the other side, and young fellas throwing stones at thier full back. He asked me if this happened every week up there, and you could tell he had zero interest in the game. Now i know its only a small thing, but the small things add up.

I also feel that they belong on the northside where all the players live. On the other side pfizers park will probably suit their style of play more.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Norrie News

My days of bein secretarty are gone,well gone.Ambition dosent stop when you hang up your boots,or well it shouldnt anyway.Theirs things I'd like to achive still and who better to achive them with than with your own club.Its a 2 man job an Robbie Callaghan has vast experience an between us we should be ok.Lots of new ideas that we think will bring the best out of the players,an a few new players will only add to an already top squad.As they say in life one door closes an another opens an I feel its the right move.Only time will tell.

With regards to the Street,I hope it works out for them.An as some one said it will suit us all havin a nice surface to play on.
    Last edited by littleman; 06/07/2009 at 8:56 PM.
    Their's only one Dinny Pop's.

Streetwise

fairfield

pacman i think u hit the nail on the head with your last post about the fairfield.why we are considering moving is exactly what happened during one of our games only one of our players kids was narrowly missed by one of those guys on the motorbikes and he lost all interest in playing not just
    for the remainder of the game but the season.as shilts said about teams togging of if i can recall two teams used or container last year.as intimidating as a pitch can be you still have to be good enough to win.
    keeping in the northside is our priority and hopefully we will be able to do it.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pacman View Post
    Streetscene, why are ye leaving the fairfield. Is it just this year or permanently?
    Quote Originally Posted by Horse24 View Post
    I must admit Im suprised at the Faira move too. We were nearly there a few times, but we just fancied the off beat location of Monard. I always thought the Faira was one of the best pitches for taking a bit of rain.
    They seem to working on the surrounds and I do think dressing rooms are in the plans there.Best of luck in Pfizer

Monard seems to have swung our way a bit more, the money for the new road wont be coming soon, houses wont be built there soon, so, long term, who knows?

Fair play rebelhed. Hope it works out. 40 years is a big achievement, we are 10 years this year and found out that of the 120 teams when we joined, 40 arent in the league anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by olachico View Post
    To be honest i think ye are making a big mistake - its like loosing part of ye´re identity!!! As far as i know there is no Blarney Street in Ringaskiddy or Shanbally and the groundsman there is in charge not ye so if there is even a tiny bit of rain the match is off much like garryduff

Now dont get me wrong i wish ye luck but sometimes i feel these moves just dont work out - i´m prepared to eat my words if proved wrong!!!!
    As Shilts points out all the other teams in the league will be delighted Blarney Street have moved. Nice pitch with nice dressing rooms and showers, now every team will look forward to their away fixture to Blarney Street.

Compare that to last year, how many teams enjoyed travelling up to the fairfield, getting changed in their cars or else in a crappy dressing room, having young fellas throw stones at you during the game. No team liked to travel up there and that was a big advantage to Blarney Street.

I remember playing Park one day up there with Villa, where there were fellas on motorbikes on one side of the pitch, fellas on horses on the other side, and young fellas throwing stones at thier full back. He asked me if this happened every week up there, and you could tell he had zero interest in the game. Now i know its only a small thing, but the small things add up.

I also feel that they belong on the northside where all the players live. On the other side pfizers park will probably suit their style of play more.
    Well lads as ye can see there has been a fair amount written about the streets move to Pfizers Park, lets havea look of it

As pacman has said playing there has at times been lets say suprising. bikes Horses the firing of rocks and even one time up there a player chased by a spectator with a knife{not a Street game} these are all not a welcome attraction to both home or away sides. The reason we moved up there last year was on the promise of the coporation that the track around eas been tarred, fencening was been placed around the ground and dressing rooms were been built, now in this economic climate only the first has been half done. iagree with pacman on it was not an expierince to look forward too readin the echo on monday finding out sat afternoon you were headin to the Fairfield i would imagine was not a great feelin.

While at home for a few weeks last month i was talking to both managment and commitee about maybe a move if the developments were not forthcoming the consenses i got was we would look at maybe Temple, Castleview, St Marys and leeds to see would the be interested in hiring out there pitchs, the idea be hind theses moves was to attract a few players of quality with the incetive of sat football good pitch and shower afterwards all looked at these days by the players{sorry but it is the truth}

The facilities in pfizers are top notch now granted the groundsman makes the call on the pitches down there but the only time that will really effect you is in the FAI or MJC abd if we were to progress outside of cork Mayfield or blarney might be on stand by.

The best scenario was to have a place of or own owned by the club but unless a benifactor comes in with a figure with at least 6 figures in it that wont happen for a while. I agree travelling down to Shanbally every second week isint perfect but its the best option at this present time. We like to believe we are a footballong team and i believe on some of the better pitches last year it suited us more than our own ground, Played well in my opioion down Kinsale twice, Coachford, The Farm, Little Island and the Cross . Big flat open pitches suit our type of football and maybe with a few signings we might challenge this year
    Last edited by casilles; 07/07/2009 at 11:51 AM. Reason: a bit more left out
    "Build it and they will come"

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Congrats

Congrats to Casilles for using the most quotes in one post that i've seen on here!!! Now i'm off to read the Cobh Ramblers section - some class arguing in there!!! Aint that right Bella

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Seeing as no one else is posting i said i'd do it - How many teams do people think will not reappear for the new season?? A second point there seems to be a lot of clubs looking for managers - where are all the old ones going ??? Are they getting sick of the thankless job that is football management at junior level??

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by olachico View Post
    Seeing as no one else is posting i said i'd do it - How many teams do people think will not reappear for the new season?? A second point there seems to be a lot of clubs looking for managers - where are all the old ones going ??? Are they getting sick of the thankless job that is football management at junior level??
    a lot of clubs will start with about 13 or 14 players and these are the teams that will begin to struggle around november. I think most clubs will start the season but some will be gone by xmas.
    As for the managers, i think people are getting sick of calling to fellas doors on sunday mornings dragging fellas out of bed. arranginging pitches to be lined, getting gear washed etc.

The clubs that inevitably succeed are the clubs with school boy and youth teams as they have a constant stream of new faces each year.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Norrie News

Seems like everybody is of the same opinion that we will lose teams again this year.Its hard to admit it but it will happen,maybe we or should I say the Aul have just reached breakin point after years of accepting club after club.We all saw this comin but we are powerless to do anythin about it.Right now every club will feel they are strong enough to start the league.But as Pac said give it a few months and wait for the weak ones to start to crumble..........

Remember theirs a big difference between havin a bad season/gettin relegated and a club folding.A club folds because the core element of the club actually loses the will to carry on.This can be because of a lack of players or a lot of ither issues.Poor finance,playin facilities lack of interest from commitee members,all these will eat away at the true clubmen,in the end if the heart goes,the club wont last much longer.I could name 5 or 6 clubs on the northside alone,clubs run by maybe 2 or 3 lads at best,that I would think will be near the edge this season.

With regards to the turnover of managers in the Prem or even the Aul in general,I can understand why guys are steppin away.If your winning its easy to keep focused,if your not its a long hard road.Players now adays want facilities,top class ones now,not this season now and who ever has them is far more likely to sign those players than a side without.I cant blame players really in this day an age but a little understanding would help a lot of strugglin clubs to stableise. If you manage to have 15 or 16 lads who have commitment,good commitment guard them with your life because your the lucky one.

On the rumor front my sources tell me that Paul O'Mahony and Shane O'Neill are heading to Casement,along with Jason Keegan and amybe Graham Keane from Leeside.

Derek Delea is lookin for a senior league club and we know Varian is headin to Everton.

Any thing else lads
    Last edited by littleman; 09/07/2009 at 2:24 PM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

Howdy

Did anyone go back training? What was the attendance like? What was the attitude like?

Whats the story with Public Liability Insurance? We are with O Driscoll O Neill?Any better alternatives out there?First Ireland

We have the Personal Insurance with them too. Bones of a grand, and I think we have claimed once. What do other clubs do?

Are there managers or players getting "expenses" in the AUL?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by littleman View Post
    On the rumor front my sources tell me that Paul O'Mahony and Shane O'Neill are heading to Casement,along with Jason Keegan and amybe Graham Keane from Leeside.

Derek Delea is lookin for a senior league club and we know Varian is headin to Everton.

Any thing else lads

3 big players for Leeside to lose if true. They could struggle next year if its the case.

Heard Keith Shaw is off to St Mary's.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Where is the attraction for these players to go to casement?! Nice pitch fair enough but quality is awful! Keegan i could understand as he's older.. but for o'mahony and o'neill that's a backward step in my opinion. They'd do well to stay where they are and have a crack off some more silver ware. Winning doesn't come easy lads, we know that more than most, you've got to be a greedy bugger when that opportunity presents itself. They'd be more than welcome down south playing on the best pitch in the county!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Norrie news

I dont know if they would be interested in playin down in Midleton Bog but theres no harm in askin

My sources will get a right tickin off,I was told that Graham Keane from the Aul Oscar winnin panel was headed to Casement to join Minty's reveloution but I heard from the man himself he has taken up the offer of player/manager for Cahir Park.Best of luck to him.

On the subject of Gratts bein tapped up it is happening,it will happen again no doubt in the future but as from our point of view we have spoken to each an every one of the squad from last year,an they are all stayin.

In fairness to the ones that have been approached by what ever club they were honest about it to us and it was appriciated from our point of view,be worse if they denied it.Good players are always goin to be tapped up.Its part of the game and how you deal with the attention will denote wether your cut out for this or not,the trick is to convince them you mean buisness this season an you want to them to play an important part in the team.

Like I said good players get tapped up,we have it done to ours an we have bein doin it back to theres and a lot more besides,why lie about it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    Last edited by littleman; 10/07/2009 at 1:42 PM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Yeah Graham Keane is off to TIPP, keegan, steve duncliff and mick looney gone also. Getting rid of some dead wood. As far as we're concerned with the ten new players in, and a league winning youths team to choose from we'll do just fine so no need to worry about Leeside struggling

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Innishvilla pre-season training kicks off this Thurday (16th) @ 7.30 on the new pitches in Knocknacurra. If anyone fancies the challenge of a fast growing club with 2 brand spanking new pitches and a thriving underage club, feel free to join.
    ”That should be NO problem for the defence – OH NOOOO!!”
    George Hamilton...
    http://www.innishvilla.com

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thebooboys View Post
    Yeah Graham Keane is off to TIPP, keegan, steve duncliff and mick looney gone also. Getting rid of some dead wood. As far as we're concerned with the ten new players in, and a league winning youths team to choose from we'll do just fine so no need to worry about Leeside struggling
    A bit harsh calling Keegan dead wood.......

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Keith has had more clubs than Jack Nicklaus
    It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Hi lads new to this so bare with me . Calling Keegan deadwood is very harsh only 31 and still alot to offer any side in the county especially Leeside.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

New Boy

Quote Originally Posted by thebooboys View Post
    Nice way to introduce yourself. No one said Leeside were gonna struggle - its an exchange of rumours! Them players you mentioned wont be back anyone - a bit harsh alright.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    3 big players for Leeside to lose if true. They could struggle next year if its the case.

Sorry horse but i think it was suggested here that Leeside would struggle if the players did leave!! I'm not saying either way if they will or not - its nice here sitting on the fence!! i thought the new guys just came on here to heckle you littleman!!
    Last edited by olachico; 14/07/2009 at 12:59 AM.

Page 3 of 150 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast