Page 101 of 150 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,020 of 2998

Thread: Cork AUL 2009/10

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shetland View Post
    think kanturk are dropping a lot of points but so are the rest.they seem to start every season very well but struggle a bit after christmas.is this a gaa problem.i still fancy them to win out with ballyvolane and macroom to battle it out for the remaining promotion spot.
    Id agree with you there shetland, i think kanturk and ballyvolane are favourites for promotion. Two strong sides. ballyvolane have been effected by injuries of late.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Radiostar View Post
    Ya we were delighted with the win over Douglas Hall yesterday, in fairness to our lads we have had a terrible season and they showed that they are capable of competing with the best 1st Division sides over the last 2 weeks, hopefully we can keep it going. Mario ye should be concentrating fully on the league and forget about the St.Michaels Cup(Leave that for someone else)

Well done radiostar excellent win for ye. i sense a trip to the cross for ye this year. just look at portsmouth!!!!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts
    If we didn't get Bohs in the next round I might have been happier..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    fair play to Springers gave a good account of themselves from what i heard today. 3-1 against a team who beat a MSL premier side 5-0 not so long ago so well done lads!! Any report on the Leeside game???

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the ghost View Post
    fair play to Springers gave a good account of themselves from what i heard today. 3-1 against a team who beat a MSL premier side 5-0 not so long ago so well done lads!! Any report on the Leeside game???
    Ya saw this game today.
    Leeside started very slowly and went one down in the first 10 minutes, they were poor in the first half to be honest. In saying that Willow didnt create much either.

Leeside dominated the second half completely. They could have had 3 or 4 goals, hit the post and missed a couple of sitters. They then went down to 10 men after their midfielder was harshly sent off for bringing down the centre forward as the last man, to be honest they both seemed to be pulling and dragging each other.
    Willow were then awarded an extremely soft penalty, the whole place was shocked it was given. Willow had a corner, ball was delivered into the box and for some reason the ref gave a penalty, still do not know what it was for. The Willow players weren't even looking for one whatever happened.
    Two more red cards at the end one for each team. I felt if Leeside had taken one of their chances they would have gone on to won handy enough.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    would like to congradulate springfield on reaching the last 16 of the fai junior cup....im proud to be associated with the club and enjoyed playing until january!!!!!!team of the year candidates already maybe IMO!!!!!what was the satrting 11 against pike bella???
    "Read not to contradict and confute, nor to believe and take for granted, nor to find talk and discourse, but to weigh and consider."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sláinte101 View Post
    would like to congradulate springfield on reaching the last 16 of the fai junior cup....im proud to be associated with the club and enjoyed playing until january!!!!!!team of the year candidates already maybe IMO!!!!!what was the satrting 11 against pike bella???
    Greg Byrne

Ben Rice John Sexton Anthony Mahony Tim O' SHea Mark Farrell

Andrew Doody Paddy Smith Quigley

Connor Hawes Goose Wilson

Macca and Pa Byrnes both came off the bench and gave very good accounts of themselves Pa being unlucky to not have got us a peno

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts
    I know it donest mean much lads Springfield/Leeside cause ye are probably gutted but ye both gave it a fair crack of the whip an we are all well proud of ye.Next weekends Aoh game should be a cracker.

Champs of the week has to go to Ballvolane B
    Chumps of the week would then have to go to Douglas Hall,especially after last weeks result.
    Their's only one Dinny Pop's.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Everyone is kicking themselves over yesterday can't even describe it really thought we deserved more out of it, i know that sounds like sour grapes but i thought the ref was terrible the dream is over, what harm one good thing came out of the weekend with kinsale losing lets see now how we react. Well done springers ye gave a good account of yereselves looking forward to next week.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts
    hi lads new poster to this forum so be gentle been reading the posts for while so decided to get invovled im a bohemians veteran so hopefully super mario will be an allie!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by littleman View Post
    I know it donest mean much lads Springfield/Leeside cause ye are probably gutted but ye both gave it a fair crack of the whip an we are all well proud of ye.Next weekends Aoh game should be a cracker.

Champs of the week has to go to Ballvolane B
    Chumps of the week would then have to go to Douglas Hall,especially after last weeks result.
    Littleman thanks again for the kind words. It was really great to go down there with all the support of the guys on here. I was really gutted yesterday- not only for us but when I heard the Leeside result. I really thought they would go through. I will defo be up in the island for the pike game shouting ye on but hopefully after we knock ye out of the AOH
    Forget what YOU want and think about the CLUB before there is none.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts
    2 huge games coming up for the Bohs next sunday quarter finals in the city cup against wilton a team that knocked them out of the same cup in the semis a few years Bohs should be well up for that one!
    And another huge game against local rivals ballyvolane in the quarter finals in the St.Michaels cup on Paddys day that should be a belter.Ballyvolaane on a high after that great win against a good Douglas hall side plus Ballyvolane will be well up for that after the trashing they got on the first game of the season 11-5 but should be a totally different game up in their pitch

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    On the Leeside v willow pk game.
    pacman you were spot on with your report. Just to add a bit more i would like to say i was gutted for the lads in leeside were i know a few of the players well. I have watched leeside a good bit this year and i was more impressed with them sunday in there 1st defet of the year than i was with them all year. Any team in the county could only wish to have players like Jonny Barrett and Alec Nodwell at their disposal and leeside had them on their bench. That point alone shows the talent in the leeside squad. When these two came on Sunday there were torchering the willow defence who were at times struglling big time.
    I was again higly impressed with the leeside full back Pookie (Barry Googin i think) and most of all i suggest the AUL side must have an outstanding team if they can do with out Paul Condon, an absolutly top class defendereach time i saw him play.
    i too was like Pacman and the whole attendance, bewildered by the ref's peno decision but i thought leeside squandered some handy chances and at that level you won't get away with that sort of behaviour.
    BOO i do feel your pain but i have no doubt with yer squad yer pain will be short lived. If ye continue that level of prefofmance silverware will reach the island in some shape or form this year.
    i think all eyes will be on the little island venue again next week for a the battle between two teams that represented us so well on the national stage. Well done again to both Springfield and Leeside.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts
    Tis a strange one alright not having Condon the Aul panel.Wether he would start or not would be up for debate an down to what side of the fence your on.But I'd defo hav him on the squad at the very least.But i'd say Bella an Ram would no doubt be justified in wanting a bit of recognition for theirs as well.Interestin point though for debate.Pookie(great name) I have seen a fair few times this season an he for the most part was very very good.So good in fact I think it would be a very good decision to have him an Babbs filling the full back roles.But thats only my thoughts.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scaffa7 View Post
    2 huge games coming up for the Bohs next sunday quarter finals in the city cup against wilton a team that knocked them out of the same cup in the semis a few years Bohs should be well up for that one!
    And another huge game against local rivals ballyvolane in the quarter finals in the St.Michaels cup on Paddys day that should be a belter.Ballyvolaane on a high after that great win against a good Douglas hall side plus Ballyvolane will be well up for that after the trashing they got on the first game of the season 11-5 but should be a totally different game up in their pitch
    Our result against ballyvolane earlier in the season will count for nothing. That was the first game of the season and to be fair to Ballyvolane we were 9-0 up at half time but they came out with a bit of fight and a bit of pride in the second and got 5 back, They have kicked on from there and beat a very good Douglas hall team in last round which just proves they are well able to play football so we for one will be taking nothing for granted on paddys day in our Quarter final clash

First for the Bohs tho is another Quarter final on sunday morning against wilton in the city cup, we have lost 2 semis in this cup in the last 3 years one of which has been to this wilton side so we will be well up for this game, so 2 huge games in a few days for us and the prospect of getting to 2 semi finals we cant help but be excited in our club at the moment, but we havent won anything yet so our feet are still firmly on the ground...

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Welcome scaffa, ya the lads are looking forward to playing Bohemians next week and hopefully the score will be lot less !!!!!!!!
    Guv, all set for the aul derby next week ?. Both sides lookin for the win after draws all round last week.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I think Condon was brought into the panel since the last game. Not too sure, perhaps boo can shed some light on it?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts
    Havnt a clue.I have to bascially ask or be told by our players whos after gettin a call to attend training or was in fact training on the Monday night in Carrigaline.Officially as far as Im aware Brian O'Sullivan/Eric Shinkwin and John Kelleher are on it from the Gratts.Their the only ones I know for definate.Can any one find out the full squad list or have the last one saved somewhere.As far as I know the game is on the first weekend in April.So we may be seeing some kind of list soon,I hope.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Condon was not offically asked. confirmed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Aoh quarter final draw