Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Roddy gets a job

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    Ah boo ****ing hoo. He has no-one to blame but himself for his career. he's been giving plenty of chances
    agree with you on that dodge. hes like the george best of the league of ireland.
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    Ah boo ****ing hoo. He has no-one to blame but himself for his career. he's been giving plenty of chances
    Have to agreee with Dodge on this one Georgie has had (too) many chances and has blown every one of them. I understand that he had personal issues but so have lots of people and if they walked out on (fell out with) their employers as regularly as him would not be given the same chances.
    Smashing player when he bothered to play but awful attitude.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    agree with you on that dodge. hes like the george best of the league of ireland.
    Without the charisma,good looks and ability.More like the Kerry Katona of the LOI
    Only another 9 titles till Drogheda become pride of county louth!!!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Roddy goes to Malta....and it gets 5 pages!!!!!!!!

God this midseason break is too long.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    wouldnt be surprised that there will be a documentary on roddy collins move .remember the documentary the rod squad eight years ago anyone?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dcfcsteve View Post
    Flor - Roddy has been called many things over the years, but I can assure you a huge motivator certainly isn't one of them !

He's a deeply unpoopular figures in Irish football circles, for three reasons :

1) He's full of sh!t.
    2) The degree to which he's full of sh!t is excelled only by the degree to which he over-rates his own (in)ability.
    3) He's spineless and lacking in any integrity. He'll leave your club in the lurch at the first sign of trouble (as he did with club's in Ireland when he got them into the relegation zone).

Good luck with him - you'll need it.
    Intentional typo?

Who is going to buy Louis Copeland's reject suits now?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    164 Posts
    I heard this was all just a misunderstanding. Roddy actually got a job with the Order Of Malta. He'll be standing out the back of St Peter's in Phibsboro waiting for some oul wan to collapse.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    Roddy's just done a crackin interview on Off the Ball, usual guff, he's pretty much responsible for everything good since the wheel was invented.

But he referred to his delight at finally getting a job offer that wasn't scuppered at the last minute by a phone call to the club chairman making untrue allegations about him from a certain unnamed individual, as had happened him with the many interviews he's had since his last management job.

Leaving aside my disbelief that only one person would go out of their way so much to keep him on the airwaves, is it common knowledge who this Dr. Evil-type individual is?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    [QUOTE=OneRedArmy;1185553]Roddy's just done a crackin interview on Off the Ball, usual guff, he's pretty much responsible for everything good since the wheel was invented.

But he referred to his delight at finally getting a job offer that wasn't scuppered at the last minute by a phone call to the club chairman making untrue allegations about him from a certain unnamed individual, as had happened him with the many interviews he's had since his last management job.

Leaving aside my disbelief that only one person would go out of their way so much to keep him on the airwaves, is it common knowledge who this Dr. Evil-type individual is?[/QUOTE

I wonder is it Ex Dublin City supremo ronan seerywhen he was in charge as he left them on bad terms or the previous shamrock rovers supremo before their supporters took over the club?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The person in question is someone who started as a backer but turned into a nightmare. More than Roddy suffered from him, including theh former CEO of the FAI. It's been pretty common knowledge.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by weecountyman View Post
    The person in question is someone who started as a backer but turned into a nightmare. More than Roddy suffered from him, including theh former CEO of the FAI. It's been pretty common knowledge.
    In which case, cue the unveil then......

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Well i cant say the majority of you posting in are encouraging floriana's appointment. Today we had the first meeting with mr collins and he was 100% keen and enthusiastic in this challenge!

I hope he will bring back success to our club!

What he has done with bohemians prove in my mind that he is a very capable manager. He almost knocked out even kaiserslautern in tne uefa cup therefore he got to have a decent ability in football management otherwise he couldn't win the double and get successful in europe!

If the problem is his character or attitude well it really can't bother me unless he gets the results the club commitee wants!

Thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OneRedArmy View Post
    Leaving aside my disbelief that only one person would go out of their way so much to keep him on the airwaves
    I was more disbelieving that he had many interviews to be honest.
    We're not arrogant, we're just better.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dcfcsteve View Post
    In which case, cue the unveil then......

Steve, it's pretty obvious and it's even on court records. Both men mentioned (RC and FR) had to sue the individual for slander amongst other things and were effectively blacklisted from football in Ireland (and the UK in RC's case). It's not the former backer of Dublin City as he was unfortunate enough to have dreamed without a plan of completion (but it was a great idea, but could never work in a LOI). The site could be done for libel if I put the name in writing, but if you have any sort of general knowledge of the game you'll know 100% who he was referring to, like I said, a former backer who turned very, very nasty (probably played too many games of Championship Manager and figured he'd do the job himself).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,612 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Floriana FC View Post
    Well i cant say the majority of you posting in are encouraging floriana's appointment. Today we had the first meeting with mr collins and he was 100% keen and enthusiastic in this challenge!

What he has done with bohemians prove in my mind that he is a very capable manager. He almost knocked out even kaiserslautern in tne uefa cup therefore he got to have a decent ability in football management otherwise he couldn't win the double and get successful in europe!

If the problem is his character or attitude well it really can't bother me unless he gets the results the club commitee wants!

Thanks
    he mentioned that, yeah? No way! Would never have guessed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Thanks
    As they say over here Floriana - there's one born every minute !

Strange that you've got all starry-eyed at what Roddy did at Bohs 8 years ago, but have ignored his distinctly poor performances as a manager since then. He got found out in-between, yet you seem to have missed that bit.

Good luck with him anyway - will be interesting to see what happens.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    There are also rumours and even reports that a certain attacking midfielder George O'Callaghan could join our club as one of the three foreigners. After i made a little bit of research, i had the impression that this player has great technical abilities but he had some problems in the past with his attitude and got himself into trouble a number of times...

We are surely becoming a club with controversial figures according to what i read! I hope they will blend together and give us a real lift... I don't mind having these type of characters in our club unless they do what they will get paid for!

Tomorrow the club will start pre season and next friday (10th july) our club will host a friendly against Sheffield United! Fingers crossed for a respectable result!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    There are also rumours and even reports that a certain attacking midfielder George O'Callaghan could join our club as one of the three foreigners. After i made a little bit of research, i had the impression that this player has great technical abilities but he had some problems in the past with his attitude and got himself into trouble a number of times...

We are surely becoming a club with controversial figures according to what i read! I hope they will blend together and give us a real lift... I don't mind having these type of characters in our club unless they do what they will get paid for!

Tomorrow the club will start pre season and next friday (10th july) our club will host a friendly against Sheffield United! Fingers crossed for a respectable result!
    George is a very skillful player, there's no question about that. As you say though, you only have to look at how many clubs he has had in the past few years to know that he has problems. Perhaps a move to a new country/culture will be good for him, and allow him to play to his potential.
    He was the LOI's Player of the Year in 2005, btw.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    A small piece in The Mirror today said that Michael Keane could be on his way to join Floriana

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Infadel View Post
    According to the Star he plans on bringing George O'Callaghan with him to Malta
    Disaster for George to go over there ...drinking buddy for Roddy ?

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast