Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Roddy gets a job

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Floriana FC View Post
    Hi all this is James from Floriana - Malta...

First of all i read this topic and i decided to give you some detailed info about FLORIANA FC - Malta's most successful football club ever!

Floriana FC were founded in 1894 and is the oldest club in Malta. The team plays in green and white and we are nicknamed "The Greens" or "The Irish" due to a friendly match organized in the club's foundation years against the Dublin Fusiliers. Floriana supporters tend to have a number of irish flags in league matches. Floriana's badge is green and white striped (horizontally) with the lion in the middle as the club's emblem. The club won 25 league titles over its history and the FA Trophy 18 times and Floriana holds different records like 4 consecutive league titles etc... Floriana's main rivals are Valletta and Sliema Wanderers altough the real rivalry is the one between Floriana and Valletta. In recent years Floriana struggled financially and the club is enduring one of its darkest times and titles are not so frequent like in the past. Floriana's last league title was won in 1992-93 season.

As you all know Floriana appointed Mr.Roddy Collins as their new manager as local reports are saying he was sponsored by some irish investors. As i read about Mr.Collins my first impression was that he is a controversial figure but determined and a huge motivator and that what Floriana really needs at the moment! A real character to get the club where it really belongs and Floriana hope this will be the right choice! If there are some of you interested in any particular details about Floriana or maltese football i shall reply any question you post in.

Thanks in advance and sorry for the long post
    Greets James, I'm sure you will come to hate Roddy just as much as everyone here

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Greetings to our Maltese friends. Roddys appointment in Malta will be watched with a keen eye over here. Hes been trying to get work for years & now he finally gets back in. Watch him like a hawk. I dont wish any disrespect to your club but if this doesnt work out then i cant wait for Roddys excuses.
    I just sit down at the typewriter & start hittin the keys, just hittin the keys. Getting them in the right order though thats the trick, thats the trick.

Garth Merenghi

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    fair play to roddy delighted he got a job - in fairness the tv mns won't be the same without him but glad he's back in football

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Good post James/Floriana, nice to get the points straight. When you see everyone coming with the same opinion it means one of two things - 1. they're all right, or 2. they're all wrong. Now go and find 100 people and get them to agree on the same thing Roddy was/is a good manager, he has the respect of almost all his former players and for one I'd like to wish him well. He was stitched up by one pretty nasty individual but I'm sure in malta he won't have to put up with this. Remember that we Irish hate success, especially for others!!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Floriana FC View Post
    Hi all this is James from Floriana - Malta...

First of all i read this topic and i decided to give you some detailed info about FLORIANA FC - Malta's most successful football club ever!

Floriana FC were founded in 1894 and is the oldest club in Malta. The team plays in green and white and we are nicknamed "The Greens" or "The Irish" due to a friendly match organized in the club's foundation years against the Dublin Fusiliers. Floriana supporters tend to have a number of irish flags in league matches. Floriana's badge is green and white striped (horizontally) with the lion in the middle as the club's emblem. The club won 25 league titles over its history and the FA Trophy 18 times and Floriana holds different records like 4 consecutive league titles etc... Floriana's main rivals are Valletta and Sliema Wanderers altough the real rivalry is the one between Floriana and Valletta. In recent years Floriana struggled financially and the club is enduring one of its darkest times and titles are not so frequent like in the past. Floriana's last league title was won in 1992-93 season.

As you all know Floriana appointed Mr.Roddy Collins as their new manager as local reports are saying he was sponsored by some irish investors. As i read about Mr.Collins my first impression was that he is a controversial figure but determined and a huge motivator and that what Floriana really needs at the moment! A real character to get the club where it really belongs and Floriana hope this will be the right choice! If there are some of you interested in any particular details about Floriana or maltese football i shall reply any question you post in.

Thanks in advance and sorry for the long post
    No refunds!
    They always cheat, they always lie
    **** Delaney and the FAI

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Anybody see the news tonight, what was Roddy on about when he said something about a very bitter man blocked his progress within football in Ireland or something like that. What was he on about? As he is from Dublin he gets a heads up for MNS.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Floriana have got themselves a first class manager. Best of luck to Roddy and I hope things work out.
    Neale Fenn on retiring: 'I think once you finish you might as well finish rather than making all sorts of comebacks.'

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SMorgan View Post
    Floriana have got themselves a first class manager. Best of luck to Roddy and I hope things work out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SMorgan View Post
    Ahh feck - has Roddy been pipped to the post ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cestlavie View Post
    Anybody see the news tonight, what was Roddy on about when he said something about a very bitter man blocked his progress within football in Ireland or something like that.
    God isn't bitter !

Neither are fate, Lady Luck, or Mr Natural Justice.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    I believe he was talking about himself Steve
    They always cheat, they always lie
    **** Delaney and the FAI

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dcfcsteve View Post
    God isn't bitter !

Neither are fate, Lady Luck, or Mr Natural Justice.
    it wasnt about the time that roddy got the sack at shamrock rovers and there was controversy about it? I was confused by this too and had to rewind it a few times to hear what rodstir was on about..
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    ya who is he talking about ??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    According to the Star he plans on bringing George O'Callaghan with him to Malta
    I've great admiration for George O'Callaghan. George for me has underachieved. He went and played in the championship with Ipswich but he has underachieved since he came back badly. I had a chat with him. George would be happy to move down with his partner and his baby. George to me is what Paddy McOurt was when I picked him upfrom Rochdale's reserves. George can be a top player. If he is played in the right way and given the right management he will be an absolute legend

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Infadel View Post
    According to the Star he plans on bringing George O'Callaghan with him to Malta

roddy mentioned that yesterday in his press conference on rte. I am not surprised hes going for him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    is george reduced to playing in the malta league...sad state of affairs. that boy badly wasted his talents.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Duggie View Post
    is george reduced to playing in the malta league...sad state of affairs. that boy badly wasted his talents.
    maybe a move away is the best thing for him. He was always going to be haunted by his past anyway if he was to stay in this country.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Duggie View Post
    Thinking he will be looking back in years to come wondering what might have been. Will probably do well in Malta for maybe 6 months before losing interest.
    http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    maybe a move away is the best thing for him. He was always going to be haunted by his past anyway if he was to stay in this country.
    Ah boo ****ing hoo. He has no-one to blame but himself for his career. he's been giving plenty of chances
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    He was poor at Dundalk to say the least,Malta is hardly a platform to get back to England...if that is what he wants??

A gamble from Roddy to make him one of his 3 non Maltese signings
    Only another 9 titles till Drogheda become pride of county louth!!!

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast