Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Shels VS Limerick

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I was at Mervue game earlier in the season and little scum bags threw stones at the little kids playing at half time (I believe half time games are not on anymore) ive not been back since and do not intend on doing so anytime soon. Unfortunatly all clubs have a bad element like every country in the world but what happened outside is a disgrace 300 yards is all the fans had to walk and it couldnt be policed. Surely somewhere like the train station has cctv and this should be used to catch these thugs.
    "I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered" George Best

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trueblue09 View Post
    First off...

When limerick got the Pen..Did or didnt you shels fans not catch a bin & turn it upside down & start trowing bottles at Dave Ryan in the Limerick Goal,

???
    I happened to be in the Shels end for the penalty as I was bringing my daughter to the toilet.

One bottle was thrown and in fairness the Shels fans turned on the guy. I didn't see any bin being upturned.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    The proper Shels fans on here don't have any time for the idiotic Shels fans that throw stuff etc. in the same way that I'm sure the proper Limerick fans on here are the exact same about this kinda scum, so theres really no argument to be had here. The only thing that can be said for definite, is that the guards at the game were a disgrace, and I think fans of both red and blue persuasion can agree on that.
    Lets redefine what it means to heal

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CSFShels View Post
    The proper Shels fans on here don't have any time for the idiotic Shels fans that throw stuff etc. in the same way that I'm sure the proper Limerick fans on here are the exact same about this kinda scum, so theres really no argument to be had here. The only thing that can be said for definite, is that the guards at the game were a disgrace, and I think fans of both red and blue persuasion can agree on that.
    I wasn't at the game but thats pretty much spot on as the gardai are always useless, in every situation when it comes to doing their job

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by northsiderkid View Post
    Unfortunatly all clubs have a bad element .
    Lots of people have been posting this, and I needed to point out no, not all clubs have problems like these. I would have said it was mainly dublin clubs, but kudos have to go to UCD .

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelsred View Post
    Just so you know sadloserkid, I was trying to do the exact opposite of blame the club for it.

And can someone actually explain to me what happened when ya's were down here, and was it this season or last season??
    I appreciated that. Genuinely.

And our unpleasantness at Tolka Park was at the end of last season.

Quote Originally Posted by northsiderkid View Post
    Surely somewhere like the train station has cctv and this should be used to catch these thugs.
    There's a camera just outside the station that would have the whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by CSFShels View Post
    The only thing that can be said for definite, is that the guards at the game were a disgrace, and I think fans of both red and blue persuasion can agree on that.
    100% in agreement. As far as I could tell they were gone before the game ended.
    The ball is round and has many surprises.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    473 Posts
    There's no place for any of that kind of carry-on in football, from any club. In a way I'm glad we don't attract 10 000 to our league games, because the gardaí seem incapable of policing attendances of just 1500, and it would only be a matter of time before something really serious happened.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    must say the guards in tolka are very good but shels bring trouble on themselves

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluepowers View Post
    must say the guards in tolka are very good but shels bring trouble on themselves
    Im getting sick of hearing this line. What did our fans do to deserve bottles being thrown at us and have people waiting for us outside the train station where our bus was parked. One of our fans got hit in the back of the head with a hurley ffs. Did he bring that on himself?

Formerly: vidic-class
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GalwayRed View Post
    Im getting sick of hearing this line. What did our fans do to deserve bottles being thrown at us and have people waiting for us outside the train station where our bus was parked. One of our fans got hit in the back of the head with a hurley ffs. Did he bring that on himself?
    Not one bit surprised to hear that a section of the Limerick 'supporters' were at that the other night. The lad with the hurley was probably just there to get a 'warm-up' for the Waterford lads in Thurles the following day.

All Limerick FC is at the moment is glorified junior soccer club, in my opinion they'd be better off folding because they are going nowhere fast.

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,003 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vidic-class View Post
    All Limerick FC is at the moment is glorified junior soccer club, in my opinion they'd be better off folding because they are going nowhere fast.
    You'd prefer no senior club in Limerick to a struggling club?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by osarusan View Post
    You'd prefer no senior club in Limerick to a struggling club?
    His username would suggest he couldn't care less.
    DCFC

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    . What did our fans do to deserve bottles being thrown at us
    Nothing excuses it and even your average football hooligan or casual type would be ashamed to see a woman get hurt but having to chase Shelbourne kiddies away from the bus stops around Tolka every time we go up there so they dont stone our bus winds some people up. Also you boys were being kept back in the ground after the game for your own safety and you tried to break down the barrier and abused stewards holding ye back, so ye were let out into the waiting gang of youths.

Now why is it theres only trouble on this scale when Shels come to town? fair enough its the 1st Div but we've had Pats, Cork, Dundalk down here over the last year or so and theres never as much trouble.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vidic-class View Post
    All Limerick FC is at the moment is glorified junior soccer club,
    4-1
    5-0
    4-0

Now go away.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkfish View Post
    Nothing excuses it and even your average football hooligan or casual type would be ashamed to see a woman get hurt but having to chase Shelbourne kiddies away from the bus stops around Tolka every time we go up there so they dont stone our bus winds some people up. Also you boys were being kept back in the ground after the game for your own safety and you tried to break down the barrier and abused stewards holding ye back, so ye were let out into the waiting gang of youths.
    Youre right you shouldnt have to deal with that when you go to Tolka and I wouldnt try to excuse it either. Just like what happened on Friday shouldnt be excused. I seriously doubt any of those kids were in Limerick last Friday just as I seriously doubt the lads waiting for us at the train station have been to Tolka. So I dont see why those lads would be wound up about something that happened in Tolka.
    Those lads probably would have waited at the train station no matter how long we were kept back but youre right the stewards shouldnt have had to deal with a small minority of Shels fans trying to push back the barriers.

Now why is it theres only trouble on this scale when Shels come to town? fair enough its the 1st Div but we've had Pats, Cork, Dundalk down here over the last year or so and theres never as much trouble.
    Its a good question and one I cant really answer. However I would be fairly certain that there were no Shels fans that made the trip to Limerick looking for trouble. On the same note only yorselves and Dundalk fans have claimed to have had trouble at Tolka in the first division and thats the only two sets of fans who bring a decent away support to Tolka in this division.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    I seriously doubt the lads waiting for us at the train station have been to Tolka.
    There was the usual group of scummy types on the train staion wall all through the game. (used to jump down the wall before stewards and barriers were placed there) so im guessing that was the crowd who caused trouble? you'd be right in saying they've never been to Tolka but there was others who were in the ground who got caught up/joined in I beleive.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Why were we kept back after the game even though both sets of fans were able to freely mix throughout the game? Clueless stewarding.
    Who Cares?!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Raheny Red View Post
    Why were we kept back after the game even though both sets of fans were able to freely mix throughout the game? Clueless stewarding.
    Vast majority were "segregated" during the game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    we will be in tolka in september i bet the treatment we get will not be nice stewards try there best there only voluntary any way there not getting paid

does the shels stewards get paid ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Vast majority were "segregated" during the game
    It was still a pointless and ridiculous exercise.

Quote Originally Posted by bluepowers View Post

does the shels stewards get paid ?
    Some are volunteers, some are paid.
    Who Cares?!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast