504 Posts
    haha!
    love is in the air....

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    God you are really pushing it now!!! Just watched Chelsea win away in Champions league that will do for me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    504 Posts
    yep quite happy about that feck united ruining it for everybody!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Next Year for Longford Girls

I hear your All Ireland wining team are heading to the Sligo Leagues to play this winter.Any idea what the standard is like in the west??Will the league provide sufficient competition for your excellent footballing side ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    504 Posts
    well the galway league is quite strong as we know and the blue bomers in the semi were from mayo (even thou they were very poor) dont have a great knowledge of sligo but i think the girls beat a stigo team on their run to the final the year previous if i am not mistaken and i'm sure it must be ok if they want to enter a team into the league? its a lot of travelling for the kids and their parents i would have taugh could have chosen somewhere closer if true

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Longford

Word was that the DWSL league in Dublin asked them to join their league.The standard would have been great for them but the travelling would have been a nightmare I suppose.It must be difficult for teams of a high standard to find competitive opposition not an easy one to resolve. You know what the Dublin teams are like, when they pass Liffey Valley they get nose bleeds and think they may never make it back to the big smoke.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    504 Posts
    haha god help them! some of them think the capital of the world is in dublin.. ud be suprised the amount of people i have met that didnt know longford was a county.. shame on every geography teacher and parent in the country!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Manfred View Post
    Oh dear, 'The Chosen One' As you didnt even know that there was an U11 blitz competition been run last week end, where it was, or who was in it, you have proven beyond any resonable doubt that you do not have a handle on the Women's game in Ireland. And it is now obvious (with your lack of knowledge of the Women's game) that you work off second and third hand information only. Interesting that you have resisted the temtation to have a proper informed debate, but then again, as you have no interest in the grass roots of football, that is understandable.
    I don't want an arguement I'm not slagging people off but how are people supposed to know what is going on. I didn't know when the under 11 munster blitz was on, apparently the teams themselves got a weeks notice and i didn't know when the national section was on, in fact i dont even know what Munster teams were in it, or cork teams for that matter if they were in it. Locally we get good coverage in newspaper and radio and the league's website and facebook page are a big help but as for info outside the league, of that i'd say most people in cork rely on second hand information at best, or maybe its just me

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Suggestions

Hi Corkrebel.I think a truce has been called with Manfred so no worries about a row. Its sad to hear things did not go well with the U11 Munster competition.Womens football needs to present as good a face as it can to try and keep new young players in soccer at least as their primary if not only sport.I think the WFAI appoint regional co-ordinators to look after the Provincial competitions and the Nationals take place at an agreed venue ie. Dublin's AUL the last 2 years.I would suggest that you keep a note of the issues causing upset and I'm sure the WFAI will hold a positive suggestons forum at some point soon to allow all clubs to present ideas and problems to them.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Will a WFAI forum ever happen? I asked for one a few weeks ago on foot.ie but didn't get a great response.Now is the time to organise one now that all the Nat cups and summer leagues are over.Any volunteers?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Forum

I think its time the WFAI listened to the clubs and players and management of all clubs.What have they to fear from announcing a one day think tank in a midlands venue where they can hear the problems facing clubs ad perhaps we can all benefit.I think, also and please don't jump down my throath the WFAI need to LISTEN and explain and understand.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    504 Posts
    at the end of the day its all about the kids anyway its for them ye do all of this so theres no point fighting with eachother heres hilites of the semi final between the town and ballyvarry in the u14 if your intrested theres a brilliand goal on 3:50
    [COLOR=#005600]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnUjL...eature=channel[/COLOR]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Acornvilla View Post
    well the galway league is quite strong as we know and the blue bomers in the semi were from mayo (even thou they were very poor) dont have a great knowledge of sligo but i think the girls beat a stigo team on their run to the final the year previous if i am not mistaken and i'm sure it must be ok if they want to enter a team into the league? its a lot of travelling for the kids and their parents i would have taugh could have chosen somewhere closer if true

The League isn't strong itself, we just have two very strong teams in Ashe Rovers and Salthill Devon. There was one person over the ladies last year and he just happened to be the manager of one of these successful teams and I think he has been "overthrown", for the lack of a better word. There has been a lot behind the scenes controversy going on with the mens football which will have a direct affect on women's football. Womens football is going to be left out in the cold. It'll be a real shame as there will be at least one new club, Tuam Celtic (set up by yours truly! ) and possible Athenry and Kinvara in the league this year too. I think that'll bring the league to ten teams with hopefully a second division.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456