Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: U16 Cup Farce

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The issue is very clear, Longford is not affiliated with any league so for Acornvilla to state that the league in longford is stron is laughable its a 7s league, by your own admission Acorn they are from other clubs that have come together and formed for a national cup hmmmm great player development that is and aided by the FAI RDO EXCELLENT grass roots, ir is it grassrot development. what about the girls thrown to the side because they were not good enough for the FAI Employee solo run squad.

Form a league or play in the nearest league until such time as numbers allow for same, get out each week as a REAL club like all the others around the country and develop the girls your not doing them any favours, how many will still be playing in 5 yrs if you just come together for 4-5 matches a year, get real.

TO on the rules front look at rule 5.7a ii as Longford did not come from a Winter to a Summer league because they are not members of the Longford League at under 14 then the whole Winder/Summer falls down, they as Acorn now admits have come from other teams, hence 5.7a ii stands up and Longford administrators and the FAI employee should fall on thier sword (not the kids) I am quite sure they did not know that they were being used as pawns, then again what about the 100s of other kids around the country that entered as legal squads are they not due some justice ?????

TO On your point 5 above you will find in fact that my comments hold true you may play for the DWSL if your club is not entered and no transfer is required, is that right ? I dont think so but again it is as it is.

Bottom line is stand up and get rid of those idiots in the WFAI

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    504 Posts
    how do you know what it is like her? there are numerous teams fielding girls teams from as young as u7 and people here work very hard like everywhere else im sure to help improve the players there is a massive percentage of girls playing soccer in longford (leinster schools final contested by two longford schools and moyne also winning the futsal all ireland withot much of the players on the longford squad so the girls not on the town team are also very good players i understand that you are annoyed by waht has gone on but they have played no over age palyers and ahvnt broken the rules. I actually complained that other big clubs asy shamrock rovers or even a team like sligo rovers had not entered a team? if you want to produce the best players you have to make them play with the best every week so the bigger clubs creating teams (as longford has) will create a much stronger irish team in the future. i ts ok if you dont agree and i'm obviously biased as i have family involved with the team but the girls worked very hard and played 8 out of their 9 games in the last two years away from home aisling trained them twice a week and thwy earnt there success so dont begrudge them it.

i do agree that the people that rn the show are idiots thou
    Last edited by dahamsta; 23/09/2009 at 6:12 PM.

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Longfords U14/15 Irish Cup Winners

[QUOTE=Acornvilla;1237451][People are missing the point. Longford girls won the Irish Cup U14/15 because they were the better team. They played it under the rules as they and the WFAI deemed was correct. This has nothing to do with the girls, its the complete botch up by the powers that be. I would like to congradulate Longford on their win as my daughter plays for Colga and it was a great performance by their side in the Final.
    Just to keep the record straight, Colga is a local rural club with about 30 players covering U12 up to Under 16. We had the whole 30 with us on the day, as it was a great achievement to have reached the final. We only had 20 eligable to play in the final, including U13's, so we do not have the pick of South Galway, as was earlier stated but have plenty of competition from other clubs within the area. It does demean the Cup if you can pick players from different clubs to represent an area but thats for all the Clubs to Change. Lets get this sorted because the level of skill I have witnessed at under age in these competitions is second to none and a credit to the Coaches and Managers for their efforts in raising the skill levels yearly. Lets get back to the basics, have a club competition for clubs and an area competition for different areas. This will help showcase the better players from each area and will also help the other girls who may not make an area team, to sample national competiveness with their individual clubs. ]

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    The issue is very clear, Longford is not affiliated with any league so for Acornvilla to state that the league in longford is stron is laughable its a 7s league, by your own admission Acorn they are from other clubs that have come together and formed for a national cup hmmmm great player development that is and aided by the FAI RDO EXCELLENT grass roots, ir is it grassrot development. what about the girls thrown to the side because they were not good enough for the FAI Employee solo run squad.

(IF LONGFORD TOWN HAD A PERMENENT GIRLS TEAM, THE WEAKER GIRLS WOULD NOT MAKE THE TEAM EITHER AND WOULD CONTINUE TO PLAY FOR THE SMALLER CLUBS, AND ONLY IN THE WINTER AS THERE DOESN'T SEEM TO BE A SUMMER LEAGUE IN LONGFORD).

Form a league or play in the nearest league until such time as numbers allow for same, get out each week as a REAL club like all the others around the country and develop the girls your not doing them any favours, how many will still be playing in 5 yrs if you just come together for 4-5 matches a year, get real.

TO on the rules front look at rule 5.7a ii as Longford did not come from a Winter to a Summer league because they are not members of the Longford League at under 14 then the whole Winder/Summer falls down, they as Acorn now admits have come from other teams, hence 5.7a ii stands up and Longford administrators and the FAI employee should fall on thier sword (not the kids) I am quite sure they did not know that they were being used as pawns, then again what about the 100s of other kids around the country that entered as legal squads are they not due some justice ?????

(THIS RULE GOVERNS THE MOVEMENT OF PLAYERS AND NOT TEAMS/CLUBS FROM ONE LEAGUE TO ANOTHER. LONGFORD ARE ENTITLED TO AFFILIATE AS AN INDIVIDUAL TEAM FOR FAI COMPETITIONS IN THE SUMMER ONLY, EVEN IF THEY ARE NOT MEMBERS OF ANY LEAGUE . THE PAPERWORK MUST BE FILLED AND PRESENTED PROPERLY AS PER THE RULES AND THERE IS NOTHING YOU OR I OR ANYONE CAN DO ABOUT IT UNLESS THE RULES ARE CHANGED.
    LIKE YOU, I DON'T THINK THAT IT IS RIGHT AND IT DOES NOT REFLECT THE TRUE STRENGTH OF CLUB FOOTBALL IN LONGFORD. IF LONGFORD TOWN WERE REALLY INTERESTED IN EXPANDING THE GIRL'S/WOMEN'S GAME, THEY SHOULD RUN A TEAM YEAR-ROUND.....IS THERE FAI FUNDING OR SPORTS COUNCIL GRANT AVAILABLE TO LEAGUE OF IRELAND TEAMS WITH AN ACTIVE GIRL'S/WOMEN'S SECTION?...THERE USED TO BE. DOES LONGFORD HAVE THE SUMMER GIRLS TEAM TO QUALIFY FOR FUNDING OR FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF SOME OF THE PLAYERS IN LONGFORD?)

TO On your point 5 above you will find in fact that my comments hold true you may play for the DWSL if your club is not entered and no transfer is required, is that right ? I dont think so but again it is as it is.

(ONLY IF THE PLAYERS ARE REGISTERED WITH A DIVISION OUTSIDE THE PREMIER CAN THEY PLAY IN THE INTER/JUNIOR CUPS OR ARE TRANSFERRED TO ANOTHER CLUB OUTSIDE THE PREMIER...AND THEN THE OTHER RULES 5.7(a)i/ii/iii APPLY) ANY PLAYER REGISTERED WITH A PREMIER CLUB CAN ONLY PLAY SENIOR CUP AND THEN ONLY FOR THE TEAM SHE IS REGISTERED WITH...NOT A DWSL REPRESENTATIVE TEAM)

Bottom line is stand up and get rid of those idiots in the WFAI

HOW? DO ALL THE CLUBS AND TEAMS REFUSE TO PLAY IN ANY OF THE FAI COMPETITIONS NEXT YEAR........ST JOSEPHS/STELLA AND LONGFORD AND OTHER CLUBS WILL PLAY I'M SURE....WHAT IS THE ANSWER HERE.....??
    Last edited by The One; 23/09/2009 at 5:42 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    504 Posts
    u have way too long a message there im sorry

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    I know...I know...and most of it is rules bulls&^t.....sry, but I've been thru dis all b4 with WFAI members and I always get the same crap back from them.......they can interpret the rules any way they like.......
    Last edited by The One; 23/09/2009 at 9:53 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    504 Posts
    ah yea i know its crap and dosent help the small clubs and all that but sure what can ya do the people who run ireland in general are preti crap at it so why should the wfai be differnt

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Cool

[QUOTE=The One;1236999]PLEASE NOTE:

THE FOLLOWING IS FROM THE 2008 RULES AS I DO NOT HAVE A 2009 COPY TO HAND AND SOME RULES MAY HAVE CHANGED. IF SO I APOLOGISE. FOR THE MOST-PART I BELIEVE THERE ARE NO CHANGES IN THESE SECTIONS.

WFAI Rules and Regulations 2008

Rule 5: Rules relating to the rights and duties of Divisional Leagues, Clubs and Players.

5.1(b)

all Women's and Girl's Clubs in the prescribed area shall be eligible for membership,
    subject to the bye-laws of their League, and they shall have the right to enter all
    Competitions providing they are properly registered.

All Divisional Leagues and individual teams on first affiliation shall satisfy the
    Executive Committee of the WFAI that they are properly constituted in
    accordance with the Rules of the WFAI
    (I MUST PRESUME THAT LONGFORD SATISFIES THIS REQUIREMENT)

5.6(c)

The effective date of registration shall be the date on which the form is
    endorsed by the League Secretary. In the case of a player with a team not
    affiliated to any League, the effective date of registration shall be the
    date on which the form is received by the Honourary Secretary of the
    WFAI
    (I MUST PRESUME THAT LONGFORD SATISFIES THIS REQUIREMENT)

5.7(a)

With the exception of the provisions in Rule 5.7(b), once a player is
    registered with a team she cannot join another team unless transferred.
    The movement of a player from a Winter League on it's cessation to a
    Summer League or vice-versa in accordance with Rule 5.3 and 5.6(d)
    shall not be regarded as a transfer.(THIS RENDERS ALL THE REST OF THIS RULE VOID AS IT DOESN'T APPLY BECAUSE THERE IS NO TRANSFER) Once a player transfers to a new Club
    and plays for that Club in WFAI Cup competitions, she may not transfer
    again until after December 31st of the year of transfer, or in the case of
    Players in Winter Leagues until the end of that League's season. For a
    player duly transferred to qualify for her new team in WFAI
    competitions she must:-

(i) not have played for her previous team in the competition in question;

(ii) have played two Divisional League competitive games for her new
    team prior to representing that team in WFAI inter-club competitions;

and

(iii) be registered with that team for at least fourteen(14) days prior
    to her participation in the competition.

Rule 6: Competitions

The following competitions will be organised by the Women's Football
    Association of Ireland

Under-Age competitions will be organised by the Under-Age Committee
    with the by-laws as agreed between the Council and the Under-Age
    Committee.(THE WORDS INTER-CLUB ARE NOT MENTIONED HERE...ONLY IN 6.2 BELOW AND RELATE TO SENIOR AND INTERMEDIATE COMPETITIONS. IN ANY CASE, I THINK YOU WILL FIND THAT LONGFORD ARE REGISTERED CORRECTLY WITH THE WFAI AS A CLUB AND NOT AS A REPRESENTATIVE TEAM.....SEE ABOVE RULE 5)

But its senior rules that its based on.Problem is its one of the winter teams that all the girls should have joined if they wanted to play national cup. looking at whats been written here its a inter county team that was entered in club competition.dont have a problem with an fai official been involved.Open yer eyes there every where especially the gaynor teams where it now looks like its a contest between rdo's and the football is slipping because most of them do not understand that girls teams play better than most boys teams.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    504 Posts
    i would have taught help from fai offocialls would help teams and players progression!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Problem is its one of the winter teams that all the girls should have joined if they wanted to play national cup.

Excellent point LS. Acornvilla...any reason why this didn't happen? Local rivalries....fear of losing players to another club?

looking at whats been written here its a inter county team that was entered in club competition.dont have a problem with an fai official been involved.
    Open yer eyes there every where especially the gaynor teams where it now looks like its a contest between rdo's and the football is slipping because most of them do not understand that girls teams play better than most boys teams.

Definitely agree with that....standard is slipping and you're right it is because there is a contest between rdo's.....most of them are not interested in being involved in the girl's game.....

Anyone going to the game in Turner's Cross tomorrow night?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Small favour please... Tell me the names of the clubs that are administered perfectly, where there are no issues with players ages, where no postponments are requested, where there are no internal politics, where girls football gets due representation, and we can then put those club people into the voluntary positions that are the WFAI and look forward to perfectly run competitions......
    I'm involved with a club that has 14 teams, girls, boys, men & women.. but I have yet to hear the administrators resort to the name calling that you've degraded to in this forum. I must admit, if you all resort to dealing with issues within your respective clubs in the same low grade manner that you have displayed here, god help your players.
    I am aware of 3 clubs that have invested time (posativly) in preparing submissions to the wfai to voice their concerns (but have done the proper thing and offered alternatives).

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Were all to blame

[QUOTE=Manfred;1237851].[I have to agree with Manfred, blaming people who are try their best most of them voluntary, is not the answer. These laws are drafted up, so as a guide to refer to. The incumbent committee can only enforce what they deem is their interpretation. It is up to Every club in their area to make proposals to their provencial council on the changes that they see which in turn should be forwarded to the national council. It is easy to bitch and bicker, its way harder to get things changed. I know there are likely to be obstacles, but if the mind is focused and the goal is the devolopement of Womens soccer for the betterment of the individual, then right will win out. ]

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Time to move on

I am going to resist the urge to enter into an argument with you, Manfred, over the obvious lack of understanding you have for the situation this year, it is well documented here and has by now been done to death.Those members of the WFAI who are responsible for the decisions made hide behind their office and will not be made accountable for their actions this is part of the reason why people get so frustrated.I am however interested in your comment regarding clubs submitting recomendations to the WFAI for consideration next year.I recently spoke to a Raheny member and they have submitted a lenghty document outlining their issues this year and detailing changes they would like to see implimented for next season.One of which is that to realign the age mistake this year the WFAI should hold competitions as and at U14 (1996)U15(1995) u16'(1994) U17's (1993) That is, players must be born on or after the 1st Jan in each year to qualify.This will give those players who missed out on playing in the proper age groups a chance to win a fair competition.Your comments please including do you really think WFAI mandarins will even give it the light of day.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Smile

Oh dear, as 'The Chosen One' it is now apparent that you are incapable of even 1 piece of txt without resorting to name calling! Very sad! As you didnt even know that there was an U11 blitz competition been run last week end, where it was, or who was in it, you have proven beyond any resonable doubt that you do not have a handle on the Women's game in Ireland. And it is now obvious (with your lack of knowledge of the Women's game) that you work off second and third hand information only. Interesting that you have resisted the temtation to have a proper informed debate, but then again, as you have no interest in the grass roots of football, that is understandable. Mabe Raheny was one of the clubs I was refering to with regard to constructive submissions? I would be interested in your proposed timetable for what would be 8 national cups, 3 different age groups of International training camps, and the usual domestic competitions in each league area. Mabe there are 18 months in the year on your planet!!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Tut Tut

[SIZE=3]Manfred, my friend, having attended the U11 blitz on Saturday at the AUL, and may I say how nice the WFAI looked in their new white tops trimmed in navy, watched the Ireland Women’s U17’s trial game against Shelbourne, stayed to see how the Emerging Talent Programme for girls was coming along, it started at 4pm on Saturday by the way and finished at 6pm, I felt I had great value for the 2 Euro I paid to Abdullah on the barrier. Oh, I also attended the Women’s International last weekend in Switzerland; we lost 2-0 just in case you were not aware. You are so far off the mark it is laughable. Perhaps you have me confused with some “ONE” else. I coach at grassroots level approx 8 hours a week in girl’s football; I have an extremely good grasp on women’s football in this and other countries. My information is first hand and the only reason I did not wish to debate with you was in an effort to move things on from where it is stuck on this forum at this time, not out of fear for you or anyone else for that matter. I find your remarks insulting at least. I hope from your comments regarding the Raheny proposal it does not mean that you and the other officials within the WFAI have made a decision regarding next year competitions without consultation with the teams involved around the country. This is typical of the approach which causes so much upset. You ask for submissions and already you are ridiculing the ones you receive without discussion.[/SIZE]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    504 Posts
    ahhhh my head hurts from all this!im not even sure what were arguing over anymore i think everyone should agree to disagree thats why i stoped posting because im not a big argument fan! ding ding round 27!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

End Result

What I am hoping to achieve is that the girls Born in 1995 AND 1993 get the opportunity to play in a national cup competition at their age its that simple.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    504 Posts
    ok i understand that but your better off ignoring the people who dont know what there talking about becase they wont want to listen to your point of view no matter what you sy thyl dissagree

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

And so to move on.........

Damn! Yep, got you mixed up with a different"ONE", my bad! Well, personaly, I hope all and any submissions would be constructive, I know they will be from this side of town. I'd like to think we'll all get a say in some way or other. On a slightly different note, what did you think of the Shelbourne v U17 game? (Oh, I havent asked for or recieved any submissions!)
    Last edited by Manfred; 30/09/2009 at 12:58 PM. Reason: Left out one remark.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

U17's

The game was a welcome addition, as it was not scheduled, to see players perform against physically stronger lads.The result mattered not a jott.I was surprised to see such a large squad 1 week before departure to Slovenia. I would have hoped at this stage the management would have selected a settled squad of 18 to train by now.Difficult to judge how the team will do as the normal first choice GK plus central midfield and center half were all missing through injury I believe.The managers played 2 different teams in each half so impossible to get a true picture.I hope things go well for them next week in the Euro Qualifiers.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast