7 mins added in Cork.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thischarmingman View Post
    7 mins added in Cork.
    just to keep it tight at the bottom (as we try to crawl up the table) come on cork .....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts
    We should definitely be looking over our shoulder now....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,657 Posts
    all over in Cork. Good result for Derry and Bohs and good wins for Derry and Bohs too,

League Table
    Bohs - 35
    Derry - 34
    Cork - 30
    Shams - 27*
    Dundalk - 20
    Pats - 20
    Galway - 19*
    Sligo - 17
    Drogs - 15
    Bray - 15

*game in hand. Rovers will go ahead on GD if they can beat Galway.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I saw the end of the Cork game in Maileys after the match. What happened to justify the 7 mins added on? Nothing seemed to have been mentioned in the analysis.
    DCFC

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    290 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pól-dcfc View Post
    I saw the end of the Cork game in Maileys after the match. What happened to justify the 7 mins added on?
    Bloody Dublin bia- sorry, force of habit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thischarmingman View Post
    Bloody Dublin bia- sorry, force of habit.

From the (admittedly brief) highlights I saw, I just assumed the ref was trying to give the Corkies a way back into the points.
    DCFC

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by centre mid View Post
    Hancock losing the plot again - sends off Shane Duggan
    To be fair-it was probably deserved. Duggan is a good player but he can be a bit tapped at times. He'd remind you of a young Joey in all honesty.

Dundalk were awful in our game-with ten men for most of the game we pushed them back into their own half and the only tactic from them was to launch it in the air for Flash to try and run onto it. I missed the penalty (was selling tickets) but the second goal was a mistake by Connor, who decided to sprint out of his goal for no real reason and got lobbed. Our first half performance was on a par with Derek Mountfield's last game in charge (for anyone who doesn't remember that one-we lost 4-0 and Mounty got sacked at half time), but the second half (when Doolin decided to bring on O'Donnel, Behan and Faz-why they all were on the bench anyway is a mystery.....) was much improved. Denis took his goal very well. We still didn't create any clear-cut chances really mind you. Dundalk were awful but considering how truly bad we were in the first half, they probably deserved something from the game.

I saw the end of the Cork game in Maileys after the match. What happened to justify the 7 mins added on? Nothing seemed to have been mentioned in the analysis.
    Liam Burns went off on a stretcher after Pat Sul (I think) fell on him....didn't know Pat Sul could do that much damage-looks a light fella! Chris Turner had earlier recieved treatment before being subbed off. Hopefully only two knocks but I fear Burns might be out for awhile, didn't look so good.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph McSweene View Post
    Denis took his goal very well.
    Yeah, it was a great finish. Real power.
    DCFC

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph McSweene View Post
    Dundalk were awful in our game-............. Dundalk were awful but considering how truly bad we were in the first half, they probably deserved something from the game.
    It's always interesting to hear the viewpoint of opposition fans for a match you have both watched. Both teams took it in turns to be poor - Cork in the first half and Dundalk in the second half. With a numerical advantage and two goals up at half time, there was no excuse for Dundalk surrendering territory and so much of the ball in the second period. Behan, Faz and to a lessor extent O'Donnell certainly made a difference when introduced and it is to Corks credit that they forced the game in the second half, even if no clear cut chances were created, Behans excellent goal aside.

But the game was won and lost in the first half, with Dan Connor being culpable for both goals. Shane Duggan should also hold his hand up in the Cork dressing room for getting himself foolishly sent off (ref had no option). Dundalk were far from awful in this key period and I thought totally dominated the exchanges, irrespective of the two goals.

I think most neutrel observers would agree that Dundalk deserved their win, and seem to be turning a corner with 3 wins on the spin.

Greatly looking forward to the candystripes visit to Oriel in a fortnight

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Every fecking week.

Sweet relief. Too close for comfort.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    3-0 Monaghan

magicme would be so proud.
    I was indeedy.

Quote Originally Posted by hoop4life View Post
    wheres magicme with our regular updates??

serious results for monaghan and dundalk, no one would have predicted that
    I didnt want to lug my laptop into Fibber Magees afterwards. 2 Cocktails for a €5, pity they were fairly dilluted but still, Black Russians, NICE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Cork where absolute muck last night, we controlled the first half without really testing Connor too much, Cork playing at home and I dont recall them having one shot on target in the first half! Our midfield ran the show until Turner went off injured. We sat back too mcuh but still Cork didnt create anything clear cut in the second half, I think 8 Cork players got cards last night thats including Duggans 2, is that a fine then cause I think we only got 1(O'Brien)!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Absolutley delighted with that win. It was a shocking match really. Very few clear cut chances.
    Does anybody no why Limerick had a player sent off?
    Im dissappointed to lose Doherty for a couple of matches. Were short on numbers as it is. The penalty that resulted in Dohertys red card was awful. Straight down the middle. Deano had even dived the wrong way and still got a foot to it.
    As for the winner, shocking defending, poor goalkeeping, probably a hand ball in there too but it was a great finish and of all the teams to score a late winner against.
    Overall we probably deserved a draw at best but not too many teams will pick up wins in Limerick this season so it was never going to be easy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Sligoman says it's still 0-0 in Longford and Tallaght

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    I was at Dayler last night. We came for a 0-0, that was obvious after a few minutes. Paul Curry made his debut up front as a lone striker, with Morrison in support. However, we showed no ambition going forward whatsoever. Saying that, we deserved the 0-0 at ht as Bohs didn't play well enough to score. They were only in 2nd gear, but shifting up to 3rd gear after the break was enough to get the job done. Once they scored, we were never going to get back in it.
    I guess Cook was thinking that we were never going to get a result even with a full team, and he's probably right. Still though, playing for a scoreless draw just doesn't sit well with me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brianw82 View Post
    I was at Dayler last night. We came for a 0-0, that was obvious after a few minutes. Paul Curry made his debut up front as a lone striker, with Morrison in support. However, we showed no ambition going forward whatsoever. Saying that, we deserved the 0-0 at ht as Bohs didn't play well enough to score. They were only in 2nd gear, but shifting up to 3rd gear after the break was enough to get the job done. Once they scored, we were never going to get back in it.
    I guess Cook was thinking that we were never going to get a result even with a full team, and he's probably right. Still though, playing for a scoreless draw just doesn't sit well with me.

Yeah, was disappointed in Sligo for that: just a question (because we were trying to remember during the longeurs of the first half, not any kind of dig) - have you beaten us since you came back up?
    A patriot is someone who knows how to hate his country properly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sonofstan View Post
    Yeah, was disappointed in Sligo for that: just a question (because we were trying to remember during the longeurs of the first half, not any kind of dig) - have you beaten us since you came back up?
    The 2-1 in Connor's first visit back to the Showgrounds in '07 is one, for sure. I don't think we beat ye in '06, although I'm open to correction on that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    2-1 at Showgrounds the year Cook took over and atleast once the year we came up as I remember Adam Hughes scoring the only goal in a fixture with ye.
    Coleman for Ireland

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    We had too many injuries, Bohs were shockingly bad considering the team they have and the team we had out.
    Yes, Adam Hughes scored a late winner against you in the Showgies in I'd guess 2006 and Connor's first game back in Sligo also.
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast