Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kilbane 6 SEPTEMBER 1997-2009???

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Kilbane 6 SEPTEMBER 1997-2009???

Kilbane has been a great servant to Irish football over the years, He has been involved a played a major part in many of our best remembered Irish games trought the years.
    But honestly is this a time when the Achill island native has to consider his international future, I am begining to feel sorry for him, nearly every match i see him playing left back for Ireland.
    I Know i am going to get slated for saying this, but we can surely fined better solution at left back, no disrespect to kilbane as he is everything us fans wants to see in terms of commitment and passion but im afraid to say that the quality is not there anymore.
    i would have no problem him being brought to the world cup if we make it, but i believe as a spectator not a player.
    Thank you for the years Kevin
    cum on the blues

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts
    Trapp is no fool and I reckon he is now looking at an alternative. While Killer was unfortunate with the goal in Croker, he was culpible for the one on Saturday night. Like you I think he has been a wonderful servant to Ireland and will be sorry to see him go but I would be surprised to see him start against Cyprus next autumn.
    Always look on the bright side of life

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    401 Posts
    Its tough being on the road and playing with a young guy for the first time basically....You do not have to retire b/c of that.

Formerly: vega007 Colbert Report's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts
    Get off Kilbane's back. He might not be the most skillful player but he shows up and gives it his all every match for Ireland, which sadly is more than you can say for most players these days.

We simply don't have any other left backs available to us. Steve Finnan will hopefully be able to return for the three remaining matches which will drop Kilbane to the bench. If Duff, Hunt, or McGeady are injured then he automatically becomes the first choice backup for the left wing position.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts
    Great servant for Ireland over the years, terrific attitude 100% commitment every time. Unfortunately, looked really badly out of his depth on Saturday, lost track of the crosses that were allowed to come in from his side and was at fault for the goal. We don't appear to have a ready-made replacement though, unless Finnan returns and JOSH fills in at left full.
    Le monde est a nous

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Colbert Report View Post
    Get off Kilbane's back. He might not be the most skillful player but he shows up and gives it his all every match for Ireland, which sadly is more than you can say for most players these days.

We simply don't have any other left backs available to us. Steve Finnan will hopefully be able to return for the three remaining matches which will drop Kilbane to the bench. If Duff, Hunt, or McGeady are injured then he automatically becomes the first choice backup for the left wing position.

Get real Colbert. I like Kilbane, his loyalty, committment etc and he appears a very humble guy. However, he is playing very poorly at the moment and needs to be dropped I'm afraid. Personally, I feel that he always played better as a left back than a winger / left sided midfielder. Never rated him there at all

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Why would he retire - Loves playing for his country and is picked. There is no need to retire, when he is no longer needed, he won't be picked

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
    Why would he retire - Loves playing for his country and is picked. There is no need to retire, when he is no longer needed, he won't be picked
    Spot on.
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    not playing his natural position and is doing the best he can. he knows he's playing out of position but as usual just gets on with it with no moaning and gives his best. if a better option is available then great but until then the man deserves our full support. came out and held his hand up 100% for the goal which underlines the kind of lad he is

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

kev kev kev

albeit a great servant, i think he should be made ambasador for irish football or something, see can he get certain people ack into the squad.
    but i think it is his 96 caps which are pushing him into the team, squad player no problem with that, but LB needs to be sorted, i must repeat this is not a hate campaign aganst kevin kilbane, he is one who us irish fans love for his commitment to the cause but we can not afford to be losing goals and dropping points from the left anymore.

Kevin if you do read this No hard feelings buddy, you where a class act
    Last edited by limerickblue; 08/06/2009 at 12:59 PM.
    cum on the blues

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by limerickblue View Post
    you where a class act
    isnt he only 32? i dont think his legs are gone yet. its more that he is out of position

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    He hasn't missed a competitive game since 1999.

For most if not all of those 10 years we've had some fans on his back
    saying he isn't good enough. He does a huge amount of work that goes
    unnoticed. He had a solid game on saturday apart from the error.

Killer is one of my all time favourite players because his commitment has never ever been less than 100%. He gives of his best every time. We can't ask for more than that.

Those who wish to discard him please name a credible alternative.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gspain View Post

Killer is one of my all time favourite players because his commitment has never ever been less than 100%. He gives of his best every time. We can't ask for more than that.

It might be a small thing to some people but to see kilbane sing the national anthem earns him respect in my book . how many english born players come over and sing the anthem? as for an alternative hopefully in the future someone like o'dea might do a job.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gspain View Post

I agree with all the post apart from "he was solid apart from the error". He did ok, but time and time again he did not close down the right winger and prevent crosses getting in. That was his job and he wasnt great at it in all honesty. We were fortunate that the CB pairing dealt with almost everything that came in to the box.
    I thought you were off the drink Ronnie?

"No, I drink to help me mind my own business....can I get you one? (c) Ronnie Drew

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Junior View Post
    I agree with all the post apart from "he was solid apart from the error". He did ok, but time and time again he did not close down the right winger and prevent crosses getting in. That was his job and he wasnt great at it in all honesty. We were fortunate that the CB pairing dealt with almost everything that came in to the box.
    maybe i read it wrong on sat but it seemed to me that when the ball went wide down his side he pulled into the ctre and hunt seemed to be given the responsibility of closing down the cross

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jbyrne View Post
    maybe i read it wrong on sat but it seemed to me that when the ball went wide down his side he pulled into the ctre and hunt seemed to be given the responsibility of closing down the cross
    On occasion yes that was probably the case but plenty of times Hunt had the advancing fullback to keep an eye on. There is no point Kilbane being in no mans land - he should have been closing down the man with the ball IMO.
    I thought you were off the drink Ronnie?

"No, I drink to help me mind my own business....can I get you one? (c) Ronnie Drew

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Junior View Post
    On occasion yes that was probably the case but plenty of times Hunt had the advancing fullback to keep an eye on. There is no point Kilbane being in no mans land - he should have been closing down the man with the ball IMO.
    depends on team orders though

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts
    Viva Kilbane!
    youngirish: "I'm nearly always right about young players (it's frighteningly accurate)..." :)

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    You can't drop Killer he's like a little puppy......you have to love him!

Regardless I think he should still be in the team as his heart and passion for the jersey make him deserving of a spot.

Zinedine Kilbane.
    LESS OF THE BULL NOW!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyc View Post
    Viva Kilbane!
    Couldnt agree more.........

Limerick Blue this thread has to be one of the biggest insults you could possibly pay to Kevin Kilbane. Call yourself an Ireland fan. If you want to analyse it Kilbane maybe one mis judgment in the match, if we defend for 60 minutes of every game I gurantee we will concede via a silly mistake again and again. Dunne made a misjudgment on a seperate occasion but Petrov couldnt finish his dinner. Against Bulgaria at home, McGeady never tracked back and the ball hit Kilbane before he knew it.

Get a grip man, your way of the mark. The riduculus posts on here really annoy me sometimes. What would we do without Kilbane, play Duff left back and then ask for him to be sacked when he makes a mistake coz he is not a full back.
    Im glad some people had the sense to not agree with you.
    I'd say to you we can count ourselves lucky Kilbane has not retired.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast