Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 188 of 257 FirstFirst ... 88138178186187188189190198238 ... LastLast
Results 3,741 to 3,760 of 5124

Thread: Potentially eligible players thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    244 Posts
    Really sad stuff and I suspect if FAI wasn't in disarray the organization could have championed his case properly. This seems insane to me that he can't play for us. I can imagine a scenario where he's basically got no support from the FAI despite his publicly stated intentions of wanting to play for us.
    Eirebhoy's "We Love You" Chant. RIP:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7UfSbASyrQ

2. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    116 Posts
    A Callum Whelan playing for Watford tonight - eligible ? (Going only by the name)

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    842 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Olé Olé View Post
    https://twitter.com/KennysKids/statu...786520576?s=19

Grim stuff on Johansson. I'm disgusted they didn't budge in FIFA on this.
    Disappointing, right now Molumby looks good though so hopefully we wont miss him too much

Closed Account
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DCWA View Post
    A Callum Whelan playing for Watford tonight - eligible ? (Going only by the name)
    Ex Man U youth. Flash score have always had a tricolour next to his name.
    https://www.flashscore.com/player/wh...llum/IHV75N8s/
    I asked about him on here before but got no reply 😢

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts
    There's also a Oliver Casey at Leeds, 19 yrs old, who was on the bench at the weekend. It seems he has not represented anyone internationally, might be eligible.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,092 Posts
    18 year old Mason O'Malley on the bench for Scunthorpe. Flashscore give him the privilege of the tri-colour and I had never heard of him. But it looks like he's been involved in training camps for us: https://www.scunthorpe-united.co.uk/...mason-omalley/

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by irishfan86 View Post
    Really sad stuff and I suspect if FAI wasn't in disarray the organization could have championed his case properly. This seems insane to me that he can't play for us. I can imagine a scenario where he's basically got no support from the FAI despite his publicly stated intentions of wanting to play for us.
    From what I gather Ryan and his parents took the decision for him to switch from Ireland to Lux. If that was the case what can the FAI do? They tried to support his application to re switch to the FAI but Ryan was ineligible. As dysfunctional and all as the FAI were, they were reasonably efficient when it came to getting kids to declare for Ireland without pushing it or forcing the issue, and that’s how it should be. Sometimes kids are just mixed up. beyond the pale.

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Louie Barry has joined Villa from Barcelona, who he joined form West Brom not so long ago.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    According to the latest scoring report from the FAI, will Keane has acquired his passport: https://www.fai.ie/ireland/news/scou...rthy-at-saints
    “Will got his passport sorted last year but he has struggled with injuries until now and we will keep an eye on him at Ipswich."
    McGoldrick, Robinson, Long, Connolly, Obafemi are all playing at a higher level than league one. Parrott and Idah are probably on the fringes of the senior squad, and Curtis already has international caps, so they're ahead of him too.
    So, is he the eighth choice?

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    717 Posts
    Probably not. Collins, O'Brien and Hogan are potentially ahead of him as well.
    Keane O'Shea Given Best Smallbone

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eirambler View Post
    You know, Im all for getting players in but I dont want Keane. He had absolutely no notion of ever EVER playing for Ireland. He is tenth choice in my book.

When you have a brother saying this, it should not happen:

"When I was with Ireland, I wasn't good enough to play for England at that time. And I was only young and small and still developing.

"I had in the back of my head that hopefully one day I could play for England.

"I know when I switched, I felt really, really English. My dad's Irish, but I don't know any of his Irish family, so I've never really felt like I'm fully Irish.

Again I am all for the granny rule (give the benefit of a doubt if you will) but not this guy. Decky says no

Interesting article here for anyone thats interested > https://www.theguardian.com/football...are_AndroidApp
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist thinks it will change; the realist adjusts the sails.

13. Thanks From:

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,092 Posts
    Oh God, I hate reading that article and seeing the line about his dad's shirt collection. Any time I have read it I see the image in my head of him after Declan's Ireland debut and the look of sheer jubilation in his eyes. Poor fella.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    602 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    According to the latest scoring report from the FAI, will Keane has acquired his passport: https://www.fai.ie/ireland/news/scou...rthy-at-saints

McGoldrick, Robinson, Long, Connolly, Obafemi are all playing at a higher level than league one. Parrott and Idah are probably on the fringes of the senior squad, and Curtis already has international caps, so they're ahead of him too.
    So, is he the eighth choice?
    Quote Originally Posted by Eirambler View Post
    Don't forget Seani Maguire! Plus Paddy Madden and Eoin Doyle have far more goals at League One level. And Joe Mason has scored more than 40 times in The Championship. So... maybe sixteenth choice, at least until we see if Afolabi does the business at Dunfermline. And we have Cassidy, Oko-Flex, Scully and Odubeko in the pipeline. Now I know Keane's career has been horribly impeded by injuries and Ipswich's implosion and perhaps he should be at a higher level but, right now, I can't see a justification for a call-up for him in the foreseeable future

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by samhaydenjr View Post
    Don't forget Seani Maguire! Plus Paddy Madden and Eoin Doyle have far more goals at League One level. And Joe Mason has scored more than 40 times in The Championship. So... maybe sixteenth choice, at least until we see if Afolabi does the business at Dunfermline. And we have Cassidy, Oko-Flex, Scully and Odubeko in the pipeline. Now I know Keane's career has been horribly impeded by injuries and Ipswich's implosion and perhaps he should be at a higher level but, right now, I can't see a justification for a call-up for him in the foreseeable future

You'd have to assume he's just getting his Irish passport cos of The Brexit....

Unless he has a very very high opinion of himself. I don't even want to read about him, to be honest.

Isn't it great to have this luxury of all those strikers. It feels like a dream sometimes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Deckydee View Post
    You know, Im all for getting players in but I dont want Keane. He had absolutely no notion of ever EVER playing for Ireland. He is tenth choice in my book.

When you have a brother saying this, it should not happen:

"When I was with Ireland, I wasn't good enough to play for England at that time. And I was only young and small and still developing.

"I had in the back of my head that hopefully one day I could play for England.

"I know when I switched, I felt really, really English. My dad's Irish, but I don't know any of his Irish family, so I've never really felt like I'm fully Irish.

Again I am all for the granny rule (give the benefit of a doubt if you will) but not this guy. Decky says no

Interesting article here for anyone thats interested > https://www.theguardian.com/football...are_AndroidApp
    That article states Trent Alexander Arnold has dual nationality, but the main part of articles gives any details. Have never seen TAA mentioned as being eligible for any other nation.

Seems like lazy journalism, the mixed race lads are always presumed to be eligible for someone else.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,092 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Strongbow10 View Post
    That article states Trent Alexander Arnold has dual nationality, but the main part of articles gives any details. Have never seen TAA mentioned as being eligible for any other nation.

Seems like lazy journalism, the mixed race lads are always presumed to be eligible for someone else.
    They have sequences the countries for which the players are eligible subsequently in that article. TAA is eligible for the US they are stating. One wouldn't imply that he is US-eligible solely on mixed race, I wouldn't think. You're reaching.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Olé Olé View Post
    They have sequences the countries for which the players are eligible subsequently in that article. TAA is eligible for the US they are stating. One wouldn't imply that he is US-eligible solely on mixed race, I wouldn't think. You're reaching.
    in researching this, i found a us fan thread, some of the comments are cracking. i'm not one to say americans don't understand football but this gem is a beauty:

Dated 'one year ago', so i guess that means anything up to 1 year and 364 days...

“Just what we need, another RB! He's a decent player, but no better than Yedlin.”

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    717 Posts
    I see there's a Fionn Mooney in the English under 17 squad. Sounds a particularly Irish sounding name - both first name and second name - presumably there's a connection to us there somewhere.

EDIT - I see he has been involved with our under 15s in the past.
    Keane O'Shea Given Best Smallbone

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts
    Not sure if he has his own thread (doubt it) but Dennis Cirkin?

Wearing an Engerland shirt on his Twitterbook:

https://twitter.com/DCirkin3?ref_src...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

cant say I like this one either:

https://www.sportsfile.com/id/1607914/

Discussion about him 'the42' > https://www.the42.ie/dennis-cirkin-p...66786-Jan2020/
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist thinks it will change; the realist adjusts the sails.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    Planned for their under 17s last year as well