Results 4,441 to 4,460 of 5124

Thread: Potentially eligible players thread

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    842 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geysir View Post
    Seville have him on a 6 year contract, which sounds good but may not actually equate to a 6 year contract in the strict meaning of the term. I thought he had been photographed almost kissing the badge of Sweden or was it just 'over the moon' at the opportunity to declare for Sweden? It's a curious situation now that Luxembourg have overtaken Ireland. Maybe he thinks he has a better chance to get into the Irish team than Luxembourg. As it stands now he's a long shot, 5000/1, currently Dunphy has a better chance of getting the Ireland job than Ryan has of coming close to cementing his place in the team.
    Hes just another one of our young players right now that its time to start showing they can play mens football and forget about the "potential".

Hopefully hes a good addition, the more the merrier, especially with players playing around other leagues. He needs to play 1st team football next season I would think if hes going to be a player

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    842 Posts
    With the law change that allows Johannson to play I assume that Crowley is now also eligible? Im not sure hes good enough but he could be an option at some point if he gets the right club manager that plays through him

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    717 Posts
    Yes, Crowley is definitely eligible (assuming he has an Irish grandparent).
    Keane O'Shea Given Best Smallbone

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    573 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Diggs246 View Post
    beggars cant not be choosers! Lets take it and run
    That's OWC talk!

Ban him!

5. Thanks From:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    i just came across with the news that wonderkid 15years old Dim Hollman McCormick is eligible for Ireland. Tomorrow he may play iin Bs As vs River Plate at Copa Libertadores

Fai. Move fast

He even looks like a teenager Davy O'Leary
    Last edited by tetsujin1979; 19/05/2021 at 10:32 AM.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bielsa´s irish View Post
    i just came across with the news that wonderkid 15years old Dim Hollman McCormick is eligible for Ireland. Tomorrow he may play iin Bs As vs River Plate at Copa Libertadores
    He'd certainly be a nice addition to the Spanish speaking contingent: John Joe Patrick Finn, Anselmo Garcia McNulty, Caden McLoughlin and perhaps Hollman McCormick...

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    100 Posts
    What is his connection to qualify for Ireland?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    The vídeo said that his grandfather is irish. I also found it on google a written report. They also nicknamed him el irlandés. Iam tired to say that Ireland need to focus the granny rule in Scotland Wales Australia Canadá the US spain germany southamerica before England. English kids are forgetting their irishness

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    What about this McCormick from the mountains city of Bogotá

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,197 Posts
    What video and what report?

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,092 Posts
    What about this McCormick from the mountains city of Bogotá
    What is the link? How is he eligible and how do you know this?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    this is a google translation of the video above
    but few teams in Colombia risk giving the opportunity to the
    young talents in soccer in this case independent santafé gave him the
    opportunity to a boy from Bogota named Holman Camilo McCormick and who
    He made his professional debut at just 14 years old
    His last name is of Irish origin and is due to his grandfather and with 14 years and
    359 days striker Camilo McCormick se
    became the new independent promise santafé professional
    I was born here in Bogota and I am a fan of Sant because of his coach, Harold Rivera.
    I include at minute 81 in the game in which Santa Fe beat Patriotas in Tunja
    one by three in the colombian cup and there mccormick fulfilled that dream of debuting
    with the professional team I feel quite a lot he is sweet more to follow
    working to win more minutes and accumulate more games began to play
    When I was eight years old in the team tell us, I was also in the national team
    child from Bogotá where he became a scorer I as a striker have
    polyfunctionality played as much as for the center for the bands
    preferably on the left since that is where he has been playing
    this year he came to independent santa fe signed his contract was included in the
    Professional payroll and their rights are the property of the cardinal mi team
    goal with santa fe is to get to stay to become a player
    important if god wants to be able to score many goals and give santafé a title
    This Thursday, October 28, Camilo McCormick will be 15 years old and
    His best gift was already given to him in advance by Santafé when he made it debut
    with the professional team
    To clarify a few things - he's 15 and is playing for Santa Fe in Colombia - https://independientesantafe.com/
    He's already played for Santa Fe in this season's Copa Libertadores as a late sub against Fluminese last Wednesday night (Thursday morning Ireland time) - https://conmebollibertadores.com/car...0Del%20Partido
    Didn't get a mention in the match report on the official site(which is strange) but he's listed on the squad here - https://independientesantafe.com/202...n-el-maracana/
    Must be one of the youngest players ever in the competition?

they're playing River Plate at 1am Ireland time tonight. Fun fact about River's squad - they've no available goalkeepers so they've been forced to select a defender in nets

He was called into a training camp for Colombia' U17s last September for this year's South American Under 17 Championship - https://fcf.com.co/index.php/2020/09...lina-sub-17-8/
    The tournament was due to be held at the end of March, but was postponed and has not been rescheduled, but apparently will take place this year - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2021_S...7_Championship
    Last edited by tetsujin1979; 19/05/2021 at 11:36 AM.
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post

To clarify a few things - he's 15 and is playing for Santa Fe in Colombia - https://independientesantafe.com/
    He's already played for Santa Fe in this season's Copa Libertadores as a late sub against Fluminese last Wednesday night (Thursday morning Ireland time) - https://conmebollibertadores.com/car...0Del%20Partido
    Didn't get a mention in the match report on the official site(which is strange) but he's listed on the squad here - https://independientesantafe.com/202...n-el-maracana/

they're playing River Plate at 1am Ireland time tonight. Fun fact about River's squad - they've no available goalkeepers so they've been forced to select a defender in nets

He was called into a training camp for Colombia' U17s last September for this year's South American Under 17 Championship - https://fcf.com.co/index.php/2020/09...lina-sub-17-8/
    The tournament was due to be held at the end of March, but was postponed and has not been rescheduled, but apparently will take place this year - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2021_S...7_Championship
    I don't think the timeline fits very well for him to have an Irish grandfather. If say this kids dad was 30 when he had him. That means the father was born in Colombia about 45 years ago. The grandfather would have had to immigrate to Colombia from Ireland sometime before that (1976). That is way past the period when Irish people were immigrating to South America in the mid to late 1800s.
    Newtown Celtic FC RIP (1992-2007)

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,092 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bawn79 View Post
    I don't think the timeline fits very well for him to have an Irish grandfather. If say this kids dad was 30 when he had him. That means the father was born in Colombia about 45 years ago. The grandfather would have had to immigrate to Colombia from Ireland sometime before that (1976). That is way past the period when Irish people were immigrating to South America in the mid to late 1800s.
    And the oldest person he knows or knew with the surname "McCormick" is likely to be his grandfather and, yes, it would have come from him as the name was passed down. That doesn't mean he was born in Ireland.

I'm skeptical as to whether he is eligible.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    McCormick named as a substitute for Santa Fe
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    live on espn the broadcaster Mariano Closs remarked that " la joyita de 15 años de abuelos irlandeses estamos esperando para verlo jugar" they said abuelos ( both grandma and grandpa a marriage thats my coloquial undestanding) this Holman Camilo McCormick is an enigma that only FAI could solve

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post

the irish on the pitch on the gk alll four gks had covid since the gk coach was infected and infected the goalkeepers....something to take under consideration

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    the irish on the pitch on the gk alll four gks had covid since the gk coach was infected and infected the goalkeepers....something to take under consideration
    national team and ex bemfica and valencia star Enzo Perez as a gk their best player

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bawn79 View Post
    Well Irish people still migrate to South America now. The Colombian economy would have pretty strong through the 60s to the 80s at a time when Ireland's was very poor. Even today, there'd be pockets f recent Irish emigrants to Brazil and Argentina.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    717 Posts
    I'd be amazed if this lad is eligible for us to be honest. I mean it's obviously not impossible, but surely we would need to have a bit more evidence before we take any interest.
    Keane O'Shea Given Best Smallbone