Page 214 of 257 FirstFirst ... 114164204212213214215216224 ... LastLast
Results 4,261 to 4,280 of 5126

Thread: Potentially eligible players thread

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    Redmond played in a friendly for Angelterre , has always been ready for an irish call up, his mother is from Ireland, ask the mother for a word to her offspring.

The problem with Nathan Redmond is that he was brainwashed by the english F.A since he was a real talent at a very short age

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    I believe that they promised something that wasnt true, even more with the whole pool of players available for England. Now he is a substitute and forgoten, im no irish so I would accept him for Ireland national team if he declares...

My question to all you irish amigos is.....Would you accept Redmond for the irish team, if he makes himself available?

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    857 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bielsa´s irish View Post
    I believe that they promised something that wasnt true, even more with the whole pool of players available for England. Now he is a substitute and forgoten, im no irish so I would accept him for Ireland national team if he declares...

My question to all you irish amigos is.....Would you accept Redmond for the irish team, if he makes himself available?
    Its a question we often ask ourselves Bielsa, indeed there are days we speak of little else. But we'd need the wisdom of one such as yourself in matter so such national importance naturally.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,308 Posts
    Redmond has made his position on his international allegiance clear, unless new information arises about him switching nationality, do not discuss it further.
    Any posts about it will be removed.
    Move on.
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

5. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    244 Posts
    More importantly, what are they saying about Nathan Redmond on ESPN Argentina?

7. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    857 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bielsa´s irish View Post
    My question to all you irish amigos is
    Bielsa, amigo, tell us what you know about Tomás Bernardo Cavanagh would you ? Véles Sarsfield left back.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CraftyToePoke View Post
    Bielsa, amigo, tell us what you know about Tomás Bernardo Cavanagh would you ? Véles Sarsfield left back.
    He is a newbie, never heard of him, is a left back will check further, he is 20 under velez coach former Liverpool player Mauri Pellegrino, too

Joel Sacks and Juan Sills had irish distant links, but they are ending their carrers. Early times for Tomás. The irish embassy could get some reports,

C.A Velez Sarsfield and Argentinos Juniors are very good clubs for creating proper players from their youth systems they hardly buy players. Lanús, Rosario Central, Newell's Old Boys and Huracán also.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    I dont know how it works in Ireland or the Northern Ireland but in Argentina is really hard to get to play for ateam if you dont have a "football godfather" (doesnt matter how good you are, they dont care they have a lot of kids), a football grandfather in Argentina is someone who knows the right people (could be a youth talent agent, your father, grandpa or uncle, or a relative who is a former player), It is like private party. So if you are 13 or 14 years old and have no club you are moreless done, check Messi they said he wasnt good enough to play football at 14 and they had better players in their youth teams.

Rich kids in Argentina play rugby it is the upper class main sport

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,094 Posts
    Was just trying to figure out the links between Bamford and JCB were after he hoisted (hawr hawr) Leeds up the table today.

Found this piece here. Sounds like his mother won out on the naming rights and his name being Patrick might not have been a coincidence. His sisters' names are Ciara and Orla.

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co....harvard-270068

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,094 Posts
    Roy Hodgson speaking about Eberechi Eze at the weekend: “I would like to think that like Jack Grealish before him – who I found myself in a situation of needing to speak to, to try and persuade him he was good enough to play for England – I would certainly say the same to Eberechi Eze. Is he ready at the moment? I wouldn’t think so. There’s so many players in his position of his type that it would be very bold of me to suggest he could go in front of them. But I’m more than happy with the progress he has made with my team.”

Pains me when I read something like this but I'm starting to get a little more realistic and admit to myself that this dilemma for young dual nationals might, in most instances, simply boil down to whether they are "good enough to play for England." This is definitely how Hodgson (and many like him) view the matter anyway. Whether that is informed by an inflated sense of English importance, I don't know in this case but surely applies in many others.

13. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    559 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Olé Olé View Post
    Roy Hodgson speaking about Eberechi Eze at the weekend: “I would like to think that like Jack Grealish before him – who I found myself in a situation of needing to speak to, to try and persuade him he was good enough to play for England – I would certainly say the same to Eberechi Eze. Is he ready at the moment? I wouldn’t think so. There’s so many players in his position of his type that it would be very bold of me to suggest he could go in front of them. But I’m more than happy with the progress he has made with my team.”

Pains me when I read something like this but I'm starting to get a little more realistic and admit to myself that this dilemma for young dual nationals might, in most instances, simply boil down to whether they are "good enough to play for England." This is definitely how Hodgson (and many like him) view the matter anyway. Whether that is informed by an inflated sense of English importance, I don't know in this case but surely applies in many others.
    Just think of the potential earnings through advertising / otherwise from being a successful international with the Countries of bigger populations ! !

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    300 Posts
    Young Bournemouth goalkeeper, Josh Clarke, is seemingly interested in declaring for Ireland

Also, Cardiff left-back, Joel Baden, is apparently interested in defecting to us from Scotland. He's made 4 league starts this year and his progress this season is the reason Mick let Cunningham go to PNE.

I must say, it seems a strange way of going about letting your interest in playing for Ireland be known.

I wonder if Tets has ever been contacted like this?
    Last edited by tetsujin1979; 05/02/2021 at 8:22 PM.

16. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts
    Joel Bagan is only down as English anywhere I've seen, where did you see Scotland?

Also Josh Clarke has seemingly been involved with both England and Sweden at underage. That's an interesting background!
    Last edited by ColourfulPeanut; 05/02/2021 at 8:00 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    857 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ColourfulPeanut View Post
    Joel Bagan is only down as English anywhere I've seen, where did you see Scotland?
    He has played underage for Scotland.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    748 Posts
    Was reading a short interview with Tyriek Wright where he talks about settling in at Walsall on loan and he mentioned that he already knew Walsall player Jack Nolan from playing with him at international level. I wasn't familiar with Jack Nolan so I looked him up - it turns out he was in an Ireland under 16 squad a few years ago.

Under 16 is a non competitive level so that doesn't necessarily mean he is actually eligible for us I suppose, but he is at least potentially eligible. He has been in and out of the Walsall first team this season but seems to be doing OK for a 19 year old.

Would probably struggle to get into our Under 21 squad this time around anyway but might be one to keep an eye on in case he kicks on.

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport...in-at-walsall/
    Keane O'Shea Given Best Smallbone

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,094 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eirambler View Post
    Was reading a short interview with Tyriek Wright where he talks about settling in at Walsall on loan and he mentioned that he already knew Walsall player Jack Nolan from playing with him at international level. I wasn't familiar with Jack Nolan so I looked him up - it turns out he was in an Ireland under 16 squad a few years ago.

Under 16 is a non competitive level so that doesn't necessarily mean he is actually eligible for us I suppose, but he is at least potentially eligible. He has been in and out of the Walsall first team this season but seems to be doing OK for a 19 year old.

Would probably struggle to get into our Under 21 squad this time around anyway but might be one to keep an eye on in case he kicks on.

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport...in-at-walsall/
    Looks like Nolan has donned the jersey of the Three Lions going by his Twitter page: https://twitter.com/JackNolan_11?s=09

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,308 Posts
    Rory Delap says he won’t interfere in son Liam's international choice: https://www.independent.ie/sport/soc...-40063577.html
    “He has spoken to a couple of people but he’s at the stage where there was no real debate, and I would never put pressure on him to make a choice either way,” Rory told the Irish Independent.
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts
    “ Speaking last September, senior team manager Stephen Kenny said he was aware of Liam but added that his status was complicated by FIFA rules on when exactly a player held citizenship for a particular country”

From the Rory Delap thread in 2019:

Quote Originally Posted by elatedscum View Post
    His son is an absolutely fantastic young player. Have seen 2 City underage games he's been involved in this season and he's looked the best player on the pitch. Absolute shame he's not involved with us considering Rory. Hopefully someone from the FAI is getting him citizenship before he represents England in a competitive underage game in March...

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    748 Posts
    The issues Kenny mentioned have been resolved by the new rules, so he is now eligible. However I think it's clear enough that England is his first choice.
    Keane O'Shea Given Best Smallbone

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,094 Posts
    His dad's quotes read that way when he says "there was no real debate." Let's see how far this lad makes it. I'm sure we would be a great fallback option if he doesn't make it to the degree it is looking at the moment.

25. Thanks From: