Page 67 of 257 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117167 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,340 of 5128

Thread: Potentially eligible players thread

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    170 Posts
    liam feeney playing tonight for bolton. slightly surprised he never got a look in with either irish side (unless wiki is mistaken!) as he qualifies for both.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    285 Posts
    Feeney is not good enough tbh.
    "We lost because we didn't win"- Ronaldo

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    903 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOneWhoKnocks View Post
    How did people tell Aldridge & Rush apart?
    Well, for a while one was in England and the other in Italy.
    Hello, hello? What's going on? What's all this shouting, we'll have no trouble here!
    - E Tattsyrup.

4. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    285 Posts
    Think that Callum Wilson of Bournemouth would be an excellent addition if we could get him to declare. Any time I have seen him he works his socks off as a lone striker and has a very good goal ratio.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,652 Posts
    was just thinking the same thing Trap.

Also, Rush and Aldridge were only distinguishable due to Rush's slightly longer neck.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Is there an actual candy company named candy or are they just advocating for Candy in general? Or are they trying to simply lure young boys with the shirts? Or was it an ironically named company that sold something completely different?
    No Somos muchos pero estamos locos.

8. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    575 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Crosby87 View Post
    Is there an actual candy company named candy or are they just advocating for Candy in general? Or are they trying to simply lure young boys with the shirts? Or was it an ironically named company that sold something completely different?
    It's an Italian company that sells domestic appliances.

I remember a lot of people having Candy washing machines.

10. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/32447317

Scott Hogan's injury hell continues with fresh injury setback.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    http://www.express.co.uk/sport/footb...e-Celtic-trial

Gavin Whyte on trial with Celtic. Who knows?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    606 Posts
    Elvis Costello is on the move: http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/32751109

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    I think it's an absolute disgrace the way some English hacks can offer a balanced opinion on a certain young Villain, and show an appreciation of the issues at hand. Can we have some more ignorant black versus white jingoism instead please? This is Tory Britain again after all.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/...reland-england
    Last edited by Stuttgart88; 17/05/2015 at 12:32 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    I don't know if it's the best idea bringing up that subject within 24 hours of the other thread being locked TBCH.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    285 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOneWhoKnocks View Post
    I don't know if it's the best idea bringing up that subject within 24 hours of the other thread being locked TBCH.
    Don't see why it should have been locked tbh considering it is quite a popular thread. The whole idea of a forum like this is to debate.
    Last edited by TrapAPony; 17/05/2015 at 1:52 PM.

17. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88 View Post
    I think it's an absolute disgrace the way some English hacks can offer a balanced opinion on a certain young Villain, and show an appreciation of the issues at hand. Can we have some more ignorant black versus white jingoism instead please? This is Tory Britain again after all.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/...reland-england
    Roy's comments on Holland are unfair. Singing 'God Save the Queen' as a symbol of English national pride doesn't have to be seen as negating Holland's shared sense of Irishness, nor is it necessarily anti-Irish. It doesn't have to be interpreted as some sort of literal or jingoistic tribute to every misdeed the British Crown might ever have committed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    575 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapAPony View Post
    Don't see why it should have been locked tbh considering it is quite a popular thread. The whole idea of a forum like this is to debate.
    I agree, and think that thread bans for particular posters are more appropriate. I would've gladly given Doc the boot for comments he made about certain individuals for example.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    On the assumption that it had been my post was the straw that broke the camel's back, I stated my opinion here on this already, but, to re-iterate, because I do think this important and I feel there would be broad consensus there, I also strongly agree with both Fly and Trap. I appreciate tets has a difficult job in balancing various and competing forum standards and poster expectations.

If a compromise or even consensus-driven decision to the general benefit means I have to miss out, so be it - ban me from the thread and I can live with that - but it's the hottest topic in Irish international football right now (whether we like it or not), so it rightly should and needs to be discussed by this forum; I wouldn't like to think I've been a factor in preventing others from discussing it.

The topic's divisive and contentious nature is something that will inevitably draw strong, conflicting arguments as it goes to the very core of what international football means for some people. Maybe it's worth acknowledging that rather than shutting down discussion when things get touchy, but that's not my call; just putting forward a voice. The ambiguity also allows for a lot of this polarisation along with further knee-jerk speculation, unfortunately. I took the bait after a deliberate period of non-engagement ranging from zero to the superficial, but that's nobody else's fault.

For what it's worth, I had no particular problem with the presence of discourtesy expressed and directed towards me by one or two posters. I wouldn't throw toys out of the pram over something so daft or inconsequential and am always more than happy to thrash out an argument or defence rather than stifling discussion. I suppose, the seemingly-inevitable snag is that engagement in some of those arguments eventually degenerates into a truly mind-boggling but seemingly necessary explanation of the basic rules of logic and often an interrogation into the perplexing ways of thinking evident, because you simply have to wonder what the motive behind it all is. Couldn't we make an adherence to the laws of logic part of the rules here?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    By the way, I don't suppose anyone would have a scan of a piece I'm told Samuel Martin wrote in the 'Sunday World' yesterday (does he write for them too?) on his fear that dual national players and their agents are going to start using international football and nations as if they were clubs all of a sudden? Sounds like a repeat of the nonsense he was peddling a few weeks ago.

Some players have always had a mercenary attitude, like Jermaine Pennant perhaps, but we've never selected him. People, unfairly I think, said similar of Clinton Morrison, but he showed up and grew into his Irishness, so to speak. Identity can be a journey rather than something static from birth. He's now immensely proud that that side of his identity was realised or reached fruition. Associations will never have to select players they feel aren't taking the thing seriously though. It's not as if there's been any recent rule-change that would suddenly motivate a change in player and agent behaviour anyway. The present rules have been in place for a while now and players and their agents have always been free to weigh up their options, with associations appealing to them, as they see fit. That's what choice is all about and nobody - neither association nor player - is being compelled into doing something they don't want to.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    578 Posts
    I'm sure it's been posted before but I can't sit here scrolling through pages.
    Does Nathan Redmond qualify?
    I was watching the Ipswich V Norwich game and thought he looked decent. (although I can't see Norwich doing well in the PL, should they achieve promotion, with that team)
    Folding my way into the big money!!!

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    MON did mention him early in his time as manager as a possible, I think but nothing definite or much since.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixer82 View Post
    I'm sure it's been posted before but I can't sit here scrolling through pages.
    Does Nathan Redmond qualify?
    I was watching the Ipswich V Norwich game and thought he looked decent. (although I can't see Norwich doing well in the PL, should they achieve promotion, with that team)
    He's definitely eligible through at least one if not both of his mother's parents from Dublin. He's been with the England under-21s of late, hasn't he, or is he passed that age now?

25. Thanks From: