Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 17 of 257 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767117 ... LastLast

Thread: Potentially eligible players thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by youngirish View Post
    What's his connection to Ireland Livehead is it that his mother is from Ireland or her parents?
    His grandmother is Irish I thought? I know he has some connection. Didn't we have a thread about him before?

Yes I was joking. Barton is not fit to mingle with average folk never mind represent Ireland or any country for that matter on the the International level at anything.

I was trying to point out were to draw the line and how many people on here would welcome Barton.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SunderlandBohs View Post
    His grandmother is Irish I thought? I know he has some connection. Didn't we have a thread about him before?

Yes I was joking. Barton is not fit to mingle with average folk never mind represent Ireland or any country for that matter on the the International level at anything.

I was trying to point out were to draw the line and how many people on here would welcome Barton.
    Were they not talking about Leon Best? If they were it's his mother that's Irish and he went to school here, his family still live over here or at least his brother does anyway.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumcondra 69er View Post
    Were they not talking about Leon Best? If they were it's his mother that's Irish and he went to school here, his family still live over here or at least his brother does anyway.
    I'm sure it was Barton. I could be mistaken. Hopefully the horrible little kernt hasn't got Irish in him what so ever.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SunderlandBohs View Post
    I'm sure it was Barton. I could be mistaken. Hopefully the horrible little kernt hasn't got Irish in him what so ever.
    Barton was mentioned alright but the question about where the Irish connection was that youngirish asked to livehead was about Best I'm pretty sure.

I'm say it's a safe bet that Barton has some Irish in him somewhere, most scousers do, Rooney, Gerrard and Carragher all qualified for us for example.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts
    Gary O'Neil is he in the run lads? over 200 apps and hasnt got a negative history with us like Nolan.

here is a good team

Lonergan
    Naughton Ferdinand Cahill Kilgallon
    O'Neil Ambrose O Hara Nolan Connolly
    Kitson

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumcondra 69er View Post
    Barton was mentioned alright but the question about where the Irish connection was that youngirish asked to livehead was about Best I'm pretty sure.

I'm say it's a safe bet that Barton has some Irish in him somewhere, most scousers do, Rooney, Gerrard and Carragher all qualified for us for example.
    When Barton's brother killed that kid he went on the run over here and was staying with unspecified family

Woud be hugely surprised if he doesn't qualify for us...thats not to say I would love to see him kit out for us though.
    You show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser - Vince Lombardi

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangball View Post
    When Barton's brother killed that kid he went on the run over here and was staying with unspecified family

Woud be hugely surprised if he doesn't qualify for us...thats not to say I would love to see him kit out for us though.
    They were estranged brothers that had very little to do with each other. They're Fostered or Adopted or something.... So the family over here may not be related to Joey himself
    I pity the fool!.... But suggest ways that he might improve himself.

www.thefastleague.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    What about Phil Bardsley?
    Never played at senior international and is eligable for Ireland, Scotland or England. Would be a useful addition at right back.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisRed View Post
    What about Phil Bardsley?
    Never played at senior international and is eligable for Ireland, Scotland or England. Would be a useful addition at right back.
    he's better than mcshane anyway. but i reckon he's championship level at best.

also he played 6 months on loan at rangers which would hardly endear him to the celtic boo-boys amongst our fans.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by youngirish View Post
    What's his connection to Ireland Livehead is it that his mother is from Ireland or her parents?
    Mother is from Dublin.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Interesting article dont know if it was ever posted...

http://www.davidmcwilliams.ie/2007/0...-englands-gain
    I have a head only Snow White would love

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by greendeiseboy View Post
    Interesting article dont know if it was ever posted...

http://www.davidmcwilliams.ie/2007/0...-englands-gain
    Yeh, read that before; think its a load of rubbish...He's got St. George's cross on his shoulder for a start...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangball View Post

pretty sure he went to amsterdam on the run not that it has anything to do with this thread

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts
    Tardelli gave an interview last night saying that he is still looking for good players to go with the group we already have. The whole article is worth a read. http://www.examiner.ie/sport/soccer/...ry-157367.html

15. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts
    I reckon Tardelli would bite the hand off anyone who'd offer him the manager's position when Trap steps down. Raring for it he is.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    It's great to read these articles. I get giddy sometimes when you think of who if is we have as our management team. It really is remarkable. And there's no doubting the passion and love they have for the team. If Marco was to continue on after Giovanni would anyone have a complaint?

I'd love to think that in 20 years that when people talk of Catenaccio they talk of the Irish way.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    622 Posts
    Tardelli would jump at the chance. While it's irrelevant now, the one that got away was Claudio Gentile as assitant. I dunno if he was ever genuinely a runner, but he was approached and for whatever reason turned it down.
    There's no escaping that Tardelli is a genuinely nice guy, but he's been unsuccessful (whatever an individuals interpretation of success is, is up to oneself) as a manager in his own right. Funny thing for me is that I think he's more open to the idea of playing a different type of football, or altering the system - there's no evidence to back that feeling up, I just get the impression he's not as militant to the idea of 442 cattenacio as Trap is.

There's two ways I see it: If we don't qualify from this group (or the play-off) I'd be looking at them both being replaced. Shallow? Yes.
    If we did qualify and Trap does call it a day subsequently and Tardelli wants to be considered, then he should, but by no means should he be guarenteed the job.
    Here they come! It’s the charge of the “Thanks” Brigade!

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,914 Posts
    The key line quoted from Tardelli is "but we hope we can still find other players like him (Cox)"

That rules out any wasters, procrastinators etc and relevance to this thread

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,694 Posts
    More on Jamie O'Hara here.

I was talking to one of the posters here at the w/e and he was saying he's convinced O'Hara will declare shortly.

My gut is a bit undecided. I hate the way he is prevaricating, but at least his Irish heritage appears very strong, and he's a good midfielder. Do Whelan, Andrews, Fahey & Gibson deserve to be pushed back in the queue by a guy who could have declared at any time in the last few years?

I think I could be won over by O'Hara, but I'd lose no sleep if he stayed on the outside.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    672 Posts
    Feel similar Stutts. I'm always open to being won over by a player. O'Hara seems like a very combative, competitive midfielder and you'd hope he would bring those committed qualities if he declared. Having said that I'd feel uncomfortable about him pushing one of the aforementioned guys out of the squad - and with the way Trap operates, I can't see him or any other new declarees forcing their way into the squad for the qualifiers or even the Euros if we qualify.
    Ou-est le Centre George Pompidou?