Page 231 of 257 FirstFirst ... 131181221229230231232233241 ... LastLast
Results 4,601 to 4,620 of 5126

Thread: Potentially eligible players thread

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    857 Posts
    Dan Crowley has joined Cheltenham Town until January. Didn't see a thread for him although he is eligible. Spent a while weighing up his options there didn’t he. Hoping for better no doubt after being in the Birmingham team most weeks before the managerial change there.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    Has anyone mentioned Matthew Sean O'Riley before? His wiki doesn't mention Ireland but he's also born in Hounslow which would have had a decent Irish population back in the 90s/00s. He's getting good reviews at mk Dons too.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,094 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_oshea View Post
    Has anyone mentioned Matthew Sean O'Riley before? His wiki doesn't mention Ireland but he's also born in Hounslow which would have had a decent Irish population back in the 90s/00s. He's getting good reviews at mk Dons too.
    Recent interview on the Athletic referenced England, Norway and Denmark only. Denmark seems to be the direction he is leaning as he spoke about family, language etc

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CraftyToePoke View Post
    Dan Crowley has joined Cheltenham Town until January. Didn't see a thread for him although he is eligible. Spent a while weighing up his options there didn’t he. Hoping for better no doubt after being in the Birmingham team most weeks before the managerial change there.
    Theres one alright, with a lot of pages dedicated to him -> https://foot.ie/threads/161142-Dan-C...m-Town-b-1997)

Go to advanced search, change thread title and type Crowley. Isn't that right tets : P
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Olé Olé View Post
    Recent interview on the Athletic referenced England, Norway and Denmark only. Denmark seems to be the direction he is leaning as he spoke about family, language etc
    Yeah he's also been involved with Denmark squads at underage. Watching him play for MK Dons and he's definitely someone that has the attributes to play at the top level and wouldn't be surprised if he plays with Denmark at senior level.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    455 Posts
    https://www.corkbeo.ie/sport/soccer/...paign=sharebar good article from rep ireland youth tracker twitter page

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,094 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by liamoo11 View Post
    https://www.corkbeo.ie/sport/soccer/...paign=sharebar good article from rep ireland youth tracker twitter page
    And it sounds as though the training camp Joshua Ireland attended was with a view to playing for Ireland, based on what his father says there.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    455 Posts
    And it sounds as though the training camp Joshua Ireland attended was with a view to playing for Ireland, based on what his father says there.
    I haven't seen josh been involved with stoke 18s much this season maybe he is injured. Great he is on board always good to heal family rifts . Somewhat off tangent I saw somewhere Darren fletcher twin sons are playing under 15 for england

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    One of the four 17 year olds he mentions being in the first team with their clubs is probably Harry Vaughan that was in the recent U19s squad for the games against Sweden.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    622 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by liamoo11 View Post
    I haven't seen josh been involved with stoke 18s much this season maybe he is injured. Great he is on board always good to heal family rifts . Somewhat off tangent I saw somewhere Darren fletcher twin sons are playing under 15 for england
    I'd take everything that comes out of the man's mouth, and any of his spawn, with the biggest ladle of salt that I can find.
    Here they come! It’s the charge of the “Thanks” Brigade!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom View Post
    I'd take everything that comes out of the man's mouth, and any of his spawn, with the biggest ladle of salt that I can find.
    Bit harsh on his kids.

12. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts
    We will probably realise in years to come that Stephen Ireland had mental health issues. I might be too kind though

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    622 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Diggs246 View Post
    We will probably realise in years to come that Stephen Ireland had mental health issues. I might be too kind though
    It's one of those unspeakable's but he surely had mental health difficulties, and I don't say that lightly.

Plus, it's worth reminding people again, that he broke through into an Ireland squad that had a few unforgiving personalities, a manager who's reputation hasn't held up to scrutiny and who appointed as his senior coach, someone who has subsequently been sacked for bullying youth players over a couple of generations.

So, there's is plenty to believe in his claims of bullying that plenty (probably myself included) took as nonsense at the time.
    Here they come! It’s the charge of the “Thanks” Brigade!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elatedscum View Post
    Bit harsh on his kids.
    It's weird how grown adults have so much disdain for someone they've probably never known personally that it trickles down to their kids too.

16. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts
    I see mussolini's great grandson is doing well at lazio. All the articles talk about him breaking into the lazio first team are about the ultras and fascism. But for all we know the lad could be in the green party.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    559 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Diggs246 View Post
    I see mussolini's great grandson is doing well at lazio. All the articles talk about him breaking into the lazio first team are about the ultras and fascism. But for all we know the lad could be in the green party.
    Hopefully Not that Bad (wink ) !

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    the irish eligible Walsh is having such a strong season his team 4th and scoring goals as well, in a position we dont have too much cover bar Lee OConnor who is gonna be a pleasure of a right back should they give him the chance in Celtic, even though I think OConnor could be awesome in Italy or Spain as well

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,094 Posts

Will Keane explaining his journey towards becoming an Ireland player. Whilst I'm sure he would have taken an England senior cap gladly like his brother did and has, the story about his father's upbringing (born in Ireland, orphaned, moving to England) is informative. I remember quotes from his brother when he claimed for England explaining that he didn't have a very Irish upbringing. I was probably scratching my head a little at that at the time, given that we have had so many lads play for England and Ireland that have openly spoke about their awareness and warmth towards their Irish background. I'm thinking of the smile on Rice's father's face, Kane going to his grandfather's funeral in Connemara, Grealish playing GAA. This video is informative and demonstrates a lot of the nuance involved in the whole international allegiance subject.
    Last edited by tetsujin1979; 09/11/2021 at 12:49 PM. Reason: Embedded tweet

21. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    559 Posts

Will Keane explaining his journey towards becoming an Ireland player. Whilst I'm sure he would have taken an England senior cap gladly like his brother did and has, the story about his father's upbringing (born in Ireland, orphaned, moving to England) is informative. I remember quotes from his brother when he claimed for England explaining that he didn't have a very Irish upbringing. I was probably scratching my head a little at that at the time, given that we have had so many lads play for England and Ireland that have openly spoke about their awareness and warmth towards their Irish background. I'm thinking of the smile on Rice's father's face, Kane going to his grandfather's funeral in Connemara, Grealish playing GAA. This video is informative and demonstrates a lot of the nuance involved in the whole international allegiance subject.
    You’d expect a reporter to be more wised up as to ask a relatively young man as to whether his father is still alive ? ? = = Irish media and brains = = Does Not compute ! !

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts
    Its tbe irrelevance of the question I love!!.

Next question
    "Will whats your favourite colour "

24. Thanks From: