Page 224 of 257 FirstFirst ... 124174214222223224225226234 ... LastLast
Results 4,461 to 4,480 of 5126

Thread: Potentially eligible players thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trequartista20 View Post
    Mumsie's another one. Ah, the Crystal Maze... Was mumsie ever actually shown? She sounded terribly fearsome...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom View Post
    Brilliant. God bless Richard O'Brien.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RV8eZzIR0lA
    Not to drag this back off topic, but TBF I have been MIA, but on the Crystal Maze, I periodically end up on a wiki wormhole and have ended up on that page and it always blows my mind that The original four series were just that... FOUR!!!

That it ended with ETP in 1995 is also amazing. It felt like I definitely got my teen out of it. Apparently not. Anyway, moving on.

Ryan Johandsome FTW!!!
    DID YOU NOTICE A SIGN OUTSIDE MY HOUSE...?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts
    Extra.ie seem to think he's eligble for us anyway
    https://extra.ie/2021/05/20/sport/so...ta-fe-colombia

He also has Irish citizenship listed on his Transfermarkt profile
    https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/holl...spieler/861716

Could be something there but nothing to suggest he'd have any interest and the lad is only 15 yet.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bawn79 View Post
    I don't think the timeline fits very well for him to have an Irish grandfather. If say this kids dad was 30 when he had him. That means the father was born in Colombia about 45 years ago. The grandfather would have had to immigrate to Colombia from Ireland sometime before that (1976). That is way past the period when Irish people were immigrating to South America in the mid to late 1800s.
    Always found it funny seeing Irish names pop up throughout Colombia, for example Murphy International school(probably US) and Joyce Joinery.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ColourfulPeanut View Post
    Extra.ie seem to think he's eligble for us anyway
    https://extra.ie/2021/05/20/sport/so...ta-fe-colombia

He also has Irish citizenship listed on his Transfermarkt profile
    https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/holl...spieler/861716

Could be something there but nothing to suggest he'd have any interest and the lad is only 15 yet.
    Extra.ie probably got the story from here...

EDIT: Or maybe that's where our resident denizen of the River Tolka... sorry I meant River de la Plata of course found this prospect.
    Last edited by sadloserkid; 21/05/2021 at 2:40 PM.
    The ball is round and has many surprises.

5. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,306 Posts
    I know at least one extra.ie writer is a member of the forum, or used to be anyway.
    It's been mentioned on YBIG as well, so it could have been taken from there.
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

7. Thanks From:

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    I think I’ve posted here before about him but Peter Kioso nabbed two for Northampton Town last night. He’s 21 and his wiki says he’s from Swords but doesn’t seem to have ever featured for us underage. He was on loan with Bolton in the first half of the season where I saw him play in 2 games and he really impressed me. Good attacking right back. His stats are decent and nice to see him stepping up to L1 with apparent ease.

Anyone got any more info on his national status/allegiances? His parents are from DR Congo.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Kioso

A few more links here - some speculation in the last paragraph of the second link...

https://www.the42.ie/highly-rated-du...23238-Jan2021/

https://www.thesun.ie/sport/football...ed-luton-town/
    Parents are from DR Congo, but Peter is Irish. As is his little brother. I think his older brother might have been born in DRC. I coached Peter at u9 and u10 (from memory of the age groups) at Malahide.

9. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,306 Posts
    FAI exploring eligibility of Hollman McCormick: https://www.the42.ie/holman-mccormic...46477-May2021/
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

11. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts
    Henry Kessler with who plays in the MLS with NE Revolution is in the process of declaring for us apparently. 22 year old centre back.

13. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    745 Posts
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.the...s-budding-star

Interesting one. Don't watch MLS so not familiar with this player. Seems open to representing Ireland or USA. Centre back is possibly the only position where I'd say his prospects might be better with the US.
    Keane O'Shea Given Best Smallbone

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    576 Posts
    Anyone heard of Liam McCabe who plays for Cuenca in Ecuador?

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixer82 View Post
    Que Bielsa to drop his pants

17. Thanks From:

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    Yep he's born in Guayaquil. Good spot. Left back I think.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    546 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixer82 View Post
    Dodgy Google translation from 2 years ago:

https://www.extra.ec/noticia/deporte...l-3112877.html

Liam Patrick McCabe Soriano is part of Emelec's reserve team. A few days ago he was in an internship at St. Patricks Athletic in Ireland and they stayed with his game, since it would be taken into account for the microcycles of the U21 team of that country, because he has dual nationality on the part of his father, his mother is Ecuadorian.

20-year-old Liam began training at Rocafuerte in 2016, then moved on to Emelec 2017 for the U18s and currently plays in the squad reserves with coach Javier Klimowicz.

The experience that he lived in Europe has been motivating for the footballer who started as a midfielder and now plays as a left back.

The dream of playing for the Irish national team is latent, he says it would be a good opportunity. Mick McCarthy is the coach of the Irish national team, and who already knows that, in Ecuador, there is a player with Irish blood who can be of much use to them, because he has that typical way of playing and passion that Latinos have for him. they put on the court.

The work with the sub-21 would do with Harry Kenny. His goal is to reach football in Europe, meanwhile he continues training at Emelec, McCabe trained at St.Patricks Athletic and was seen by members of the coaching staff of the under-21 team, they communicated with his father, George McCabe, who resides in the country for several years.

“They told me that they were going to call me to work on the microcycle. But now we are focused on what can be done with the Emelec reserve team ”, says Lam, who admires Cristiano Ronaldo internationally, while from the national players he stays with what defender Óscar Bagüí does, of whom he stands out. delivery and professionalism is also an example for the boys who train in the minors at Bombillo.

McCabe began to play at the age of five, then he did it at Torremar school, but the most emotional thing was this year when the opportunity came to show himself in football where his father is.

Why is it blue? He says that the love for Emelec started with his father, who when he arrived in the country due to the Bombillo fans who were faithful and always present in the stadium, regardless of the score. For now Liam trains with the blues, waiting for the jump to the first team, but in the meantime what may happen with Ireland seduces the player.

20. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,306 Posts
    McCormick on the bench for Sante Fe again tonight

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    546 Posts
    Northern Ireland have called up Conor Bradley. 17 year old from a nationalist background from what I’ve read. Part of the Liverpool u18 team that played the youth cup final a few days ago, he’s, as far as I’ve seen, the outstanding young player from north of the border.

If I were Stephen Kenny, I’d be on the phone making one last pitch to him...

23. Thanks From:

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    853 Posts
    Another one - https://www.independent.ie/sport/soc...-40471229.html

Quote Originally Posted by ThePaper View Post
    The Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland are engaged in a tug of war to try and secure the services of Rio McEvoy, a promising striker on the books of Bolton Wanderers.

McEvoy (16) lived in Dublin until the age of 9, playing his football at Cherry Orchard, before a family move to England where he spent time with Blackburn and Manchester United prior to signing for Bolton where he has starred at U17 and U18 level. A recent hat-trick against his former club United was the highlight of the season.

The teenager's father is from Dundalk but his mother hails from Newry, so he is open to considering his options in terms of international football.

25. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    558 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elatedscum View Post
    Northern Ireland have called up Conor Bradley. 17 year old from a nationalist background from what I’ve read. Part of the Liverpool u18 team that played the youth cup final a few days ago, he’s, as far as I’ve seen, the outstanding young player from north of the border.

Can he keep his options open for a few years ?

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    745 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elatedscum View Post

No huge rush, he can earn three caps with the North before he has to decide. Gives us a chance to look at him at a higher level than Under 18s also.

I don't agree with it, but those are the rules.

Incidentally I see it has turned out that the South American lad McCormick doesn't qualify for us. Players with Irish names in that part of the world will almost always be too many generations back unfortunately.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    558 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eirambler View Post
    No huge rush, he can earn three caps with the North before he has to decide. Gives us a chance to look at him at a higher level than Under 18s also.

I don't agree with it, but those are the rules.

Incidentally I see it has turned out that the South American lad McCormick doesn't qualify for us. Players with Irish names in that part of the world will almost always be too many generations back unfortunately.
    Get him a Wife or a Partner !

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    745 Posts
    He's 15!!!