Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 182 of 257 FirstFirst ... 82132172180181182183184192232 ... LastLast
Results 3,621 to 3,640 of 5126

Thread: Potentially eligible players thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,304 Posts
    England have a bye to the Elite Round for the U17 Euro 2020 championship, so their U17 team are playing in the Syrenka Cup in Poland in September
    Louie Barry and CJ Egan Riley were both named in the squad yesterday: http://www.thefa.com/news/2019/aug/3...nd-trip-300819
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    England have a bye to the Elite Round for the U17 Euro 2020 championship, so their U17 team are playing in the Syrenka Cup in Poland in September
    Louie Barry and CJ Egan Riley were both named in the squad yesterday: http://www.thefa.com/news/2019/aug/3...nd-trip-300819
    Interesting no delap even though he has been flying for man city 18s.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    Ryan Johansson's father has confirmed that Ryan had not an irish passport when he first played international competitive football for Luxembourg

Johannson’s father clarified the specific details of these paperwork issues in an interview of his own, in which he stated that at the time Johansson had first played for Luxembourg at Under-21 level, he did not have an Irish passport, whereas he did already hold both a Luxembourg passport and a Swedish passport.

As nationality and citizenship are synonomous terms you can take it that Ryan is not entitled to declare for Ireland,
    It's possible that Ryan's foreign birth was registered but I'd say that's a longshot.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    542 Posts
    https://www.afcb.co.uk/news/club-new...lic-of-ireland

Ben Greenwood of Bournemouth has been called up to the u19 training squad...

5. Thanks From:

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    848 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geysir View Post
    Ryan Johansson's father has confirmed that Ryan had not an irish passport when he first played international competitive football for Luxembourg

Johannson’s father clarified the specific details of these paperwork issues in an interview of his own, in which he stated that at the time Johansson had first played for Luxembourg at Under-21 level, he did not have an Irish passport, whereas he did already hold both a Luxembourg passport and a Swedish passport.

As nationality and citizenship are synonomous terms you can take it that Ryan is not entitled to declare for Ireland,
    It's possible that Ryan's foreign birth was registered but I'd say that's a longshot.
    I still dont get this. How many lads have we called up over the years who played underage for England and didnt have Irish Passport at the time

7. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,304 Posts
    Leeds United striker Patrick Bamford keeping doors open over international honours
    “I spoke to Mick and he asked me to basically change over nationality for the summer games and I said ‘look I had a bad injury last year and I want to concentrate interest of the season with Leeds.’

"I am not saying no, I am just concentrating on Leeds. I haven’t closed any doors, I have not said yes, I have not said no.”
    Pretty sure he's not going to get called up. Between the current strikers we have in the Premier League, and the players coming through from underage sides, he might be surplus to requirements
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,304 Posts
    William Hondermarck started for Norwich's U23 side against Oxford last night, and was involved in the build up to their goal in a 2-1 loss: https://www.canaries.co.uk/News/2019...ich-city-u21s/
    Still no confirmation on his international allegiance though

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,093 Posts
    Leeds United striker Patrick Bamford keeping doors open over international honours

Pretty sure he's not going to get called up. Between the current strikers we have in the Premier League, and the players coming through from underage sides, he might be surplus to requirements
    Based on those quotes, he has us on the long finger so he should not be considered for 2020 qualification. Hopefully our under 21 crop continue to develop in advance of 2022 qualification and that renders Bamford unnecessary

11. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    576 Posts

The diver can stay where he is.
    We want lads who are committed, not lads who take years to decide.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Olé Olé View Post
    Based on those quotes, he has us on the long finger so he should not be considered for 2020 qualification.
    Yeah, as somebody who really wanted him on board it's disappointing to read his lack of enthusiasm. He's not closing any doors but he's showing no desire whatsoever to make it happen. Move on I'd say at this stage.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,093 Posts
    I think 2020 might be a bit too soon to have a pair from Parrott, Connolly and Obafemi in our front three with Robinson. I wouldn't rule it out. The prospects for 2021 are mouth-watering though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,626 Posts
    William Hondermarck started for Norwich's U23 side against Oxford last night, and was involved in the build up to their goal in a 2-1 loss: https://www.canaries.co.uk/News/2019...ich-city-u21s/
    Still no confirmation on his international allegiance though
    The race is on between ourselves and France, I suppose. Hondermarcks, get set, GO!!

16. Thanks From:

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Razors left peg View Post
    I still dont get this. How many lads have we called up over the years who played underage for England and didnt have Irish Passport at the time
    I dont know.
    Players who have an Irish born parent are already citizens.

also
    Players who have played GAA sport at their local GAA club.
    Players who have a Monaghan grandparent.
    Last edited by geysir; 04/09/2019 at 12:34 PM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    165 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Olé Olé View Post
    Based on those quotes, he has us on the long finger so he should not be considered for 2020 qualification. Hopefully our under 21 crop continue to develop in advance of 2022 qualification and that renders Bamford unnecessary
    i'm not normally one to be too reactionary but how long does this guy thing he can defer his decision? until we are in a playoff? qualify?

forget it. not welcome.

edit: bit of a freudian slip perhaps corrected, i had 'gut' rather than 'guy'...
    Last edited by zero; 04/09/2019 at 3:07 PM.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    Ryan Johansson makes Bayern’s 28 man Champs league squad. He hasn’t done much so far this season other than playing with as sub for u19s. https://www.bundesliga.com/en/bundesliga/news/alphonso-davies-in-bayern-munich-s-2019-20-champions-league-squad-sarpreet-singh-6777

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    It’s ironic that it is Luxembourg who are making the objection to Fifa about Ryan switching to Ireland. If Fifa do block Ryan’s switch, he has stated in that case he will declare for Sweden.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,304 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by liamoo11 View Post
    Interesting no delap even though he has been flying for man city 18s.
    Liam Delap called into the England squad after a few withdrawals

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    542 Posts
    Liam Delap called into the England squad after a few withdrawals
    i hope the FAI have sorted him a passport, just in case.

Last thing you'd want is another Ryan Johansson / Dan Crowley situation. The same is true for Barry and Riley (assuming Riley is through grandparents and not parents).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    715 Posts
    Ireland U16 Ayodeji Sotona is apparently the outright fastest player at Man Utd. Given Solskjaer seems to like fast young players, Sotona will presumably be hoping Solskjaer sticks around for a few years. He also qualifies for England.
    https://www.independent.ie/sport/soc...-38473459.html

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,689 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geysir View Post

Is FBR a unique Irish thing? My kids have Irish passports now but as of a few years ago neither was on the FBR. It'd have been absurd to say they weren't Irish eligible. They needed a FBR because I was born in UK.