And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Raheen View Post
    Not sure if this has been posted before: AFAIK Kyle Taylor, who's breaking through to the first team at A.F.C. Bournemouth, is qualified for us. His mother is Irish.

[I only know this 'cos his brother is a well-known comedian in France and has spoken about his Irish mammy.]
    you can contact the FAI on info@fai.ie about him
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    how did the north get Liam Coyle and we didn't? Think he's good enough to at the very least be in Kenny's squad...

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    893 Posts
    [I only know this 'cos his brother is a well-known comedian in France and has spoken about his Irish mammy.]
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_oshea View Post
    Someone reach out to the FAI.
    I honestly don't think that shower need another comedian.
    Hello, hello? What's going on? What's all this shouting, we'll have no trouble here!
    - E Tattsyrup.

5. Thanks From:

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Not quite the right thread but I see a Jamie Egan from Cabo called in to the Welsh u17 team.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,611 Posts
    Isn’t this guy potentially one of ours??

Goal! West Bromwich Albion 4, Preston North End 1. Josh Ginnelly (Preston North End) right footed shot from the centre of the box to the bottom left corner. Assisted by Lukas Nmecha.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    451 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    Isn’t this guy potentially one of ours??
    Don't think he was ever invoked. Any chance you thinking of Rafferty who they signed in Jan and used be at liverpool?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    CJ Egan Riley, Louis Barry and Liam Delap were all included in the England U16s squad in the Montaigu Tournament.
    Both Barry and Delap scored against Brazil in the third place play off on Monday
    Last edited by tetsujin1979; 25/04/2019 at 11:46 AM.

10. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    451 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    CJ Egan Riley, Louis Barry and Liam Delap were all included in the England U16s squad in the Montaigu Tournament.
    Both Barry and Delap scored against Brazil in the third place play off on Monday
    And young Ireland is in with their 15s again this week.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,092 Posts
    Lad on the bench for Burnley today called Anthony Driscoll-Glennon. 19 year old left. One would be more confident of his eligibility if he weren't from Liverpool where the lads with Irish names these days are generally a generation too far out.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Olé Olé View Post
    Lad on the bench for Burnley today called Anthony Driscoll-Glennon. 19 year old left. One would be more confident of his eligibility if he weren't from Liverpool where the lads with Irish names these days are generally a generation too far out.
    No Irish connection that I can find. He played with Liverpool youth set up since he was 6 years old. Also comes from the same area and played in same team as Trent Alexander Arnold.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    285 Posts
    Not sure if this has been posted before: AFAIK Kyle Taylor, who's breaking through to the first team at A.F.C. Bournemouth, is qualified for us. His mother is Irish.

Was on the bench for them today
    "We lost because we didn't win"- Ronaldo

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    Redmond included in the England squad today. Guess that reduces the chance from 5% down to 0.5%. Always looked unlikely but theoretically, if he isn't capped, the door is still open... Southgate probably just trying to cap him to be safe: Sterling, Sancho, Rashford, Alli and Lingaard all in that squad. Can't see him ever player ahead of those guys - add Hudson-Odoi too. Rhian Brewster in another year. England are absolutely stacked with young wide-attacking talent...

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    479 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elatedscum View Post
    Redmond included in the England squad today. Guess that reduces the chance from 5% down to 0.5%. Always looked unlikely but theoretically, if he isn't capped, the door is still open... Southgate probably just trying to cap him to be safe: Sterling, Sancho, Rashford, Alli and Lingaard all in that squad. Can't see him ever player ahead of those guys - add Hudson-Odoi too. Rhian Brewster in another year. England are absolutely stacked with young wide-attacking talent...
    Im actually happy that this has happened. We need players who really want to play for us. give me a Richard Keogh over a Curtis Davis and a Jonny Walters over a Patrick Bamford every day until the day I die

17. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Diggs246 View Post
    Im actually happy that this has happened. We need players who really want to play for us. give me a Richard Keogh over a Curtis Davis and a Jonny Walters over a Patrick Bamford every day until the day I die
    There is no point in pursuing half hearted players . They need to want to do it .

Make 1 verified contact and if the player gets back to us = good one way or another .

FAI response to questions should then always be that the player has been approached and has not gotten back to us / declined .

We have to have some Self Respect .

19. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    479 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seanfhear View Post
    There is no point in pursuing half hearted players . They need to want to do it .

Make 1 verified contact and if the player gets back to us = good one way or another .

FAI response to questions should then always be that the player has been approached and has not gotten back to us / declined .

100% Correct. Report for duty or goodbye.

21. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seanfhear View Post

If England had done that, they wouldn't have gotten Declan Rice. They worked on his agent, they worked on his club, they asked John Terry to get involved - then they went for the presentation at St George's Park by Southgate where they promised him the world - that he would be straight into the first team, that he was considered as the most likely young candidate to captain the side etc etc.

It took the Ivory Coast a few years to convince Zaha: " Ivory Coast, even though I told them no, they still had the belief in me and still wanted me because they knew what I could do for the team." "The country and the fans love me already, and I haven't even done anything. I may not get the red carpet, it may not have the same Nike deals as when you play for England, but I'm going to be playing, I’m going to be loved and that’s all I want. Nothing else."

Some dual national players are absolutely dead set one way or anther but plenty feel a level of affiliation for two places and the association or the manager have got to do their best to make the case for Ireland. Obviously Ireland and England is particularly contentious because of 700 years etc etc but take Anselmo Garcia McNulty. Spanish father, Irish mother. Brought up in Spain but has all his mother's family in Ireland and visits Ireland. Speaks Spanish and English. The likes of Ryan Johansson and Tom Gaston are similar. I used to live in Berlin and if I had a kid there, I'd want him playing for Ireland but i would totally understand if he felt both Irish and German. And when you're somehow in the middle, it's rarely a black and white decision.

The Declan Rice situation was a little different because of all the things he had said over the past couple of years about his commitment, so people naturally felt betrayed but in the abstract, a dual-national player sitting on the fence is an understandable response... You obviously want passionate and committed players but it's also your job to make yourself an attractive team to play football for and to convey that fact as best as you possibly can and unless they've given you a no, you can assume that they are at least partly interested...

23. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    479 Posts
    If England had done that, they wouldn't have gotten Declan Rice. They worked on his agent, they worked on his club, they asked John Terry to get involved - then they went for the presentation at St George's Park by Southgate where they promised him the world - that he would be straight into the first team, that he was considered as the most likely young candidate to captain the side etc etc.

It took the Ivory Coast a few years to convince Zaha: " Ivory Coast, even though I told them no, they still had the belief in me and still wanted me because they knew what I could do for the team." "The country and the fans love me already, and I haven't even done anything. I may not get the red carpet, it may not have the same Nike deals as when you play for England, but I'm going to be playing, I’m going to be loved and that’s all I want. Nothing else."

Some dual national players are absolutely dead set one way or anther but plenty feel a level of affiliation for two places and the association or the manager have got to do their best to make the case for Ireland. Obviously Ireland and England is particularly contentious because of 700 years etc etc but take Anselmo Garcia McNulty. Spanish father, Irish mother. Brought up in Spain but has all his mother's family in Ireland and visits Ireland. Speaks Spanish and English. The likes of Ryan Johansson and Tom Gaston are similar. I used to live in Berlin and if I had a kid there, I'd want him playing for Ireland but i would totally understand if he felt both Irish and German. And when you're somehow in the middle, it's rarely a black and white decision.

The Declan Rice situation was a little different because of all the things he had said over the past couple of years about his commitment, so people naturally felt betrayed but in the abstract, a dual-national player sitting on the fence is an understandable response... You obviously want passionate and committed players but it's also your job to make yourself an attractive team to play football for and to convey that fact as best as you possibly can and unless they've given you a no, you can assume that they are at least partly interested...
    RE: England and Rice that's their way of doing business. Working agents etc that's not us. Our players play for their country not Nike.

RE: Zaha he made his international debut twice both times against Sweden

He has turned up for the ivory coast 9 times in 3 and half years.

25. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts
    We cannot offer the Financial Incentives England can , nor the chances of appearing at tournaments . They pretty much qualify every time these days .

Our players have to want to play for us . There is no point in demeaning ourselves .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    199 Posts
    I wonder does Zaha regret that decision now? He'd be a regular squad member for England this season.