Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Cobh Ramblers v Carlow FC, Newstalk A championship, 06 June’09

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Cobh Ramblers v Carlow FC, Newstalk A championship, 06 June’09

On Saturday 6 June 2009 Cobh Ramblers hosted Carlow FC in the Newstalk A championship in St Colemans Park. I decided to go to the match and to show my continued support to Cobh Ramblers.
    However days before the match i was in contact with Mike Bardsley of Cobh Ramblers and Mike is well known to CCFC forum members as Sniffer and also in the One Football Forum.com.
    I was in touch with Mike in regards to purchasing Cobh Ramblers scarves and pin badge for the Cork City Supporters Club auction which is going to be on in July and details are on the Announcement section of the CCFC forum.com.
    When i arrived in St Colemans Park that afternoon for the match i was given a special pass for the game and not only that apart from recieving my scarf and pin badge, Mike also donated another Cobh Ramblers scarf, pin badge and 2 DVD to be auctioned off on Ebay in aid of the Cork City Supporters Club.
    I spend the afternoon with Mike Bardsley watching Cobh Ramblers play Carlow FC in which the result was a Nil all draw with a attendence of less than 50 supporters and i must say Mike has put his heart and soul into preparing for yesterday’s match, the PA system, the match programme etc.
    I would like to thank Mike for his genourous hospitality and looking after me on my visit to St Colemans Park and Mike if you are reading this a special thank you .

Cobh Ramblers will have 3 more home games left this season in St. Colemans Park, Bohemians on the weekend of the 5th July, Sporting Fingal on the weekend of 30th August and Cork City on the weekend of 18 October, and i hop to do my best in coming along to the games to show my supportt.
    Also as a commitee member of the Cork City Supporters Club, the CCSC are planning to make a special presentation at half time to Cobh Ramblers on the day the club play their home game against Cork City FC on the weekend of 18 October’09.

The best of luck to Cobh Ramblers in their next game away to Bray Wanderers AFC on the weekend of the 21st June.
    Last edited by dhegarty; 07/06/2009 at 10:45 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dhegarty View Post
    On Saturday 6 June 2009 Cobh Ramblers hosted Carlow FC in the Newstalk A championship in St Colemans Park. I decided to go to the match and to show my continued support to Cobh Ramblers.
    However days before the match i was in contact with Mike Bardsley of Cobh Ramblers and Mike is well known to CCFC forum members as Sniffer and also in the One Football Forum.com.
    I was in touch with Mike in regards to purchasing Cobh Ramblers scarves and pin badge for the Cork City Supporters Club auction which is going to be on in July and details are on the Announcement section of the CCFC forum.com.
    When i arrived in St Colemans Park that afternoon for the match i was given a special pass for the game and not only that apart from recieving my scarf and pin badge, Mike also donated another Cobh Ramblers scarf, pin badge and 2 DVD to be auctioned off on Ebay in aid of the Cork City Supporters Club.
    I spend the afternoon with Mike Bardsley watching Cobh Ramblers play Carlow FC in which the result was a Nil all draw with a attendence of less than 50 supporters and i must say Mike has put his heart and soul into preparing for yesterday’s match, the PA system, the match programme etc.
    I would like to thank Mike for his genourous hospitality and looking after me on my visit to St Colemans Park and Mike if you are reading this a special thank you .

Cobh Ramblers will have 3 more home games left this season in St. Colemans Park, Bohemians on the weekend of the 5th July, Sporting Fingal on the weekend of 30th August and Cork City on the weekend of 18 October, and i hop to do my best in coming along to the games to show my supportt.
    Also as a commitee member of the Cork City Supporters Club, the CCSC are planning to make a special presentation at half time to Cobh Ramblers on the day the club play their home game against Cork City FC on the weekend of 18 October’09.

The best of luck to Cobh Ramblers in their next game away to Bray Wanderers AFC on the weekend of the 21st June.
    club broke and luka hands out freebies, you must be so proud Mr Ramblers
    "Some weeks the lady is good looking and some weeks they're not. Our performance today would have been not the best looking bird but at least we got her in the taxi". - Ian Holloway

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Nice one DHeargety. You have put more effort into this email than most so called Cobh Ramblers fans have all season to support a bunch of raw 17 /18 yr olds who want to do their best for the club, but are still learning how,and getting little or no support from the so called locals in the process.Well done and hope you enjoy the next game. Also Mike take a bow..if we had more of that and less of the normal moaning about personalities I think we would all be a lot better off as a club.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rambler1 View Post
    Nice one DHeargety. You have put more effort into this email than most so called Cobh Ramblers fans have all season to support a bunch of raw 17 /18 yr olds who want to do their best for the club, but are still learning how,and getting little or no support from the so called locals in the process.Well done and hope you enjoy the next game. Also Mike take a bow..if we had more of that and less of the normal moaning about personalities I think we would all be a lot better off as a club.
    b*llix
    "Some weeks the lady is good looking and some weeks they're not. Our performance today would have been not the best looking bird but at least we got her in the taxi". - Ian Holloway

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 6yardpunisha View Post
    club broke and luka hands out freebies, you must be so proud Mr Ramblers
    Its called lets get some fans thru the gates to increase the attendance above 50.....well done Mike a bit of initiative by someone who does a bit more then give out to other people....well six yard punisha what have u done for the cause of attracting fans in? Could be wrong but not a lot id guess.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 6yardpunisha View Post
    b*llix
    Which bit?
    1. the lack of support
    2. the lack of people who for years said we would go up there if we had Cobh players playing
    3. more people moaning than doing
    4. the fact that we would be better off doing than moaning as a club
    Last edited by Rambler1; 07/06/2009 at 10:30 PM.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rambler1 View Post
    Its called lets get some fans thru the gates to increase the attendance above 50.....well done Mike a bit of initiative by someone who does a bit more then give out to other people....well six yard punisha what have u done for the cause of attracting fans in? Could be wrong but not a lot id guess.
    Not worth it Ramblers1. Tis obvious yere man has an issue with me. He's obviously upset to see football taking place. Its apparent by his referring to me as Mr.Ramblers and not for the first time either. Why he does that I have no idea but I suppose he calls all that help out the same thing because its all that sort of mentality can do. As for 'the club being broke and Luka giving out freebies' Check your facts again. D.Hegathy said he got a speacial pass at the gate and that I donated extra bits to the Cork City auction and he's correct, however, next time you pass Fanatics you might pop in and see what I bought that morning and you might check with the club how much was paid for that 'special pass' before you go acussing me of giving away freebies. Many people have contacted me through either the forums or the Ramblers website over the past two years, mostly people from overseas about coming to see a game and when they get here they are always well taken care of with entry and usually end up with some scarves or jerseys like our recent Canadian visitors who got jerseys, pin badges and scarves, and like I say, Luka doesn't do freebies. What I try to send out is a positive feeling of welcome to Cobh Ramblers. I enjoy doing it and will continue to do it, unlike others who can't help themselves from bitching, slagging off, snipeing at poeple and having a go at people who help out as much they can. Do I enjoy doing the the bits and bobs I do? Sure do.
    Last edited by luka; 08/06/2009 at 12:05 PM.
    RamblersWeb

Cricket: The most boring farcical game to ever grace the planet.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Well done Luka it is good to see the club portrayed in a good light.

Its still shocks me how people can come on here and be so negative towards people who are making an effort on behalf of the club. 6yard you really need to calm down and take a rest!!