Thread: cameraman wanted

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts

cameraman wanted

well lads,

Philip Coffey was onto me earlier on about his plans for the future. He is well aware of the doom and gloom around these parts at the moment. He is looking for someone thats handy with a video camera to record the entire match and then give it to him for training purposes.He reckons that it would be a good training tool for the players. If anyone is willing to help please send me a pm.

I know we did it in the past and its no harm to give it a go. He is well aware of the lads that arent performing at the moment.He said to me that the older players can live with the criticism but the younger players cant.
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Does Vinny Perth have a camera?
    I just sit down at the typewriter & start hittin the keys, just hittin the keys. Getting them in the right order though thats the trick, thats the trick.

Garth Merenghi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    What a load of BULL !!!!! If things were done right at the start of the season there would be no need for someone to record games as a training tool !!!! The only tool is a manager who can not see problems as they happen during a game or in training ! From what I have seen and heard from the games this season the team has done enough sitting on their asses so should be doing some REAL training and not watching DVD's of themselves getting beaten !! A few games against non-league teams to build confidance in front of goal would not go astray, either during the week as a supplement to training or on sundays after a friday match. I know from been an assistant manager how hard it is to motavate players when they are getting bet and look at the league table then they feel everybody is better than them, so it is all about playing a few teams that you can beat and get the forwards getting chances and scoring goals again. Any manager worth his salt knows this !!!!!
    Last edited by Massop 10; 27/05/2009 at 5:38 PM.
    De groot nummer 10

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts
    Video analysis is part and parcell of modern coaching. Every premier division club does it, it's shocking that it wasn't incorporated from the start of the season. Although from what I know of Alan Gough maybe not....
    Marco Tardelli's red and black,
    Red and black, red and black.
    Marco Tardelli's red and black,
    He hates Athlone.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky77 View Post
    Video analysis is part and parcell of modern coaching. Every premier division club does it, it's shocking that it wasn't incorporated from the start of the season. Although from what I know of Alan Gough maybe not....
    so I assume no takers. At least I cant be blamed for trying..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Massop 10 View Post
    What a load of BULL !!!!! If things were done right at the start of the season there would be no need for someone to record games as a training tool !!!! The only tool is a manager who can not see problems as they happen during a game or in training ! From what I have seen and heard from the games this season the team has done enough sitting on their asses so should be doing some REAL training and not watching DVD's of themselves getting beaten !! A few games against non-league teams to build confidance in front of goal would not go astray, either during the week as a supplement to training or on sundays after a friday match. I know from been an assistant manager how hard it is to motavate players when they are getting bet and look at the league table then they feel everybody is better than them, so it is all about playing a few teams that you can beat and get the forwards getting chances and scoring goals again. Any manager worth his salt knows this !!!!!
    absolute bull as you say yourself,what good is it going out and hammering 5 past a team your expected to hammer that many past,they need to be constantly challanged at a high standard to be playin at a high standard and any coach worth his salt knows that!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    When it comes to strikers the only way to get their confidance back is to put them up against weaker teams to get their first few goals again !!! Usually this is done at training or in behind closed door friendlies. It is the rest of the team that realy benifits from playing against top class teams in friendlies as they get confidance from stopping opponants from doing what they do best. It is all about balance. Although to be even discussing this so late in the season just shows how bad things are right now !!!!!
    I know that the top clubs use video analysis as part of their training but these TOP teams train twice a day every day except match days so they have time to do it. Part-time clubs just have not got the time to do this when players have to work and train !
    De groot nummer 10

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts
    I hear you're in with a shout of the Chelsea job Massop.
    Roddy Collins, the biggest <insert as appropiate> in Irish Football.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RonnieB View Post
    I hear you're in with a shout of the Chelsea job Massop.
    massop is gus hiddink they are of the same nationality!!