Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Dundalk increase Match Day prices

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    I think SC is a spoofer, no doubt about it. I have been behind this team since day one, but tonight was a f**king joke. From the ref f**king us over yet again and Dave Rodgers acting like a child. We are f**ked. End of.
    Can't blame the ref for tht defeat mate. Penalty he gave you was as debatable as any decision he gave our way (and nowhere near as crucial)
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts

Dave Rogers the culprit!

Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    Can't blame the ref for tht defeat mate. Penalty he gave you was as debatable as any decision he gave our way (and nowhere near as crucial)

Dave Rogers must take responsibility for his stupid, unprofessional, insulting and infantile behaviour. Ultimately the manager carries the can for facilitating and tolerating an environment that allows for this and other acts of indiscipline, and the resultant plethora of red cards. Dave Rogers has been one of a handful of players that have preformed well for Dundalk this season, but I would shed no tears for him if he were dismissed as a consequence of his behaviour (I doubt if that could happen).

Having said that. the referee was (yet again) incredible bad. His crucial decision, and ultimately the one that determined the result, was when Shaun Kelly was clearly fouled outsite the St Pats box, and the resultant clearance found Quigley (some claim in an offside position) who finished beautifully. He later booked both Harris and Mansaram when Harris was clearly holding Mansaram in the box prior to a free kick. But just to illustrate that he was consistently inept, when Mansaram charged Gary Rodgers for what was a clear yellow card offense, the referee bottled the decision to give him a 2nd yellow.

There were upteen other ridiculous decisions - Jamie Harris slipped leaving Mansaram with a clear run on goal, ref blows for a free out; Gareth O'Connor makes harmless challenge on Shaun Kelly, ref gives free and books O'Connor for dissent.

Its often said that refereeing decisions even out over a season, if thats the case Dundalk have a lot to look forward to.

Unhappy, frustrated and angry supporters in Oriel Park tonight - referee, Sean Connor and Dave Rogers all taking plenty of flak!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by srfc1928 View Post
    B&W youre obviously annoyed about tonights result and dodgy decisions given against you this season,
    but most fans of other clubs feel the same.
    I think Dundalk had huge aspirations coming up but its not that easy to meet them, maybe ye got carried away a bit
    I thought the expectations of a load on this that we would be challenging for Europe was ludacris, I satted on this and on Orielweb that I would be happy with a 7th place finish which is very achievable but at the moment we will be lucky to finish 9th the way players are being sent off for very little such as Turner last week and refs giving penos for fouls outside the box apparently!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Black and White View Post
    Yeah sure whatever you want. Another pointless post which brings nothing to this forum, please somebody do something about this cr@p
    Sorry if this has upset you but Im afraid the sooner ye stop making excuse for SC the better for Dundalk it will. The man has acheive nothing in Irish football.With us,we won the 1st division on a very large budget and finished 6th I think it was the following season.We had Faz who under SC was not half the player ye is now.The lad never preformed for us until the first game we played after connors left where I think the lad showed all his potential.

The man can't manage,ye has no personality and does nothing for the profile of any club he was at.He has his monkeys that follow him from club to club and again these lads are showen themselves as average players under him.

On paper ye have a side that should be at least competing for a place in europe. The only league ye are top of so far is the disaplinary one and all due to Connors "Crazy Gang" mentality.

As I said before Connors has taken in alot of people with his shi* but has not acheived anything for any club he was at. SC along with his mercenaries are the only ones gaining from all of this.

We all suffer at the hands of "Bad refereeing" decisions etc.don't let that hide the facts.

This is fact,If it insults any Dundalk fan "I apoligise"! I really enjoy this league and respect each club as alot people put alot of personal time into keeping our clubs going and to watch these fellas destroy that is hard.
    Till d End!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts
    I agree, if we cant score from a peno, hit crossbar, post (all misses) and have a clown sent off at HT, oh and not to mention standing stlll waiting for a decision when Pats reacted better and scored, its completely our fault

(on the) pixx poor attitude by our players
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts
    Stonewall peno dodge, you prob couldn't see it from the away section but your defender had his arms wrapped around Mansuram. Ref was terrible again but we still should have gotten something from that game. Even with 10 men we were the better team.
    Pats are absolutely shocking. I honestly thought they would be challenging this season. They are by far the worst team we have played apart from the drogs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    the ref was bad last night , but yet again lack of discipline in the team and some players (such as o'brien simply not interested in player for the team), that is why we lost. And whats with the feckin long ball all of a sudden, we play better when the ball is on the ground
    I want O'connor Sacked( the lack of discipline starts with this gimp), O'brien out, Rogers out, thank f..... Drunkin George is gone (probably got a job in Cheers Bar).

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,267 Posts
    Examiner today noted in its match report that Georgie has left the club and is on the verge of a move to Greece.

Are they turning into The Star?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Louth4sam View Post
    Stonewall peno dodge, you prob couldn't see it from the away section but your defender had his arms wrapped around Mansuram. Ref was terrible again but we still should have gotten something from that game. Even with 10 men we were the better team.
    Pats are absolutely shocking. I honestly thought they would be challenging this season. They are by far the worst team we have played apart from the drogs.
    It was a penalty. Absolutely correct decision but all night defenders (on both sides) had their arms all over attackers. Stupidity by Partridge as he had been warned earlier.

I think some Dundalk fans think they were better in the second half than they actually were. yeah you hit the bar twice but our keeper didn't actually make a save (bar the peno). Where as Bennion did actually have a couple of saves to make and Quigley missed two great chances to kill the game off on the break. Dundalk's frot two (finishing aside) are excellent but there's nothing behind that.

As for our team well we dug in hard with a complete makeshift team. We're already down to bare bones and lost Cawley and Byrne after 5 minutes. Our midfield last night had Enda Stevens (a young ful back) at left wing, with John Lester (!) and Gareth o'Connor in central midfield? How would you think that team would be challenging? Guy and Moran were dreadful for us.

In saying that if we're the worst team you've faced and we've beaten you twice this eason, how bad are Dundalk?
    ---

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Examiner today noted in its match report that Georgie has left the club and is on the verge of a move to Greece.

Are they turning into The Star?
    In fairness the Star is usually right on LOI
    ---

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Well said SHILBA...you put it better than i could..not my intention to annoy Dundalk Fans,as i said i've nothing against club...just trying to warn ye about the SPOOFER...will look foward to heading up to Oriel next week where we will surely end up playing aagainst 10 men and get a dodgy peno decision!!!!(THATS A JOKE LADS!!)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Pats where the better side last night , we resorted to long ball tactics the whole , we never even use harpel singh on the wing.
    O'connor and the team better pull the finger out before next friday.
    I hope side bring a decent crowd.
    Dundalk-Sligo are always entertaining matches

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post

They've got it right, almost.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by eelmonster View Post
    They've got it right, almost.
    Why, is he going working in a bar over there instead??
    The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses - behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights.
    Muhammad Ali

Roy Keane is still a pri*k!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Apparently Dundalk FM last night anounced he was sacked. Some Pats fans listening send me a text while I was at the game

Oh and for the record last night was the cheapest ticket I've got this year. Only €12. Good value
    ---

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Surely dundalk fans are not finally pulling their heads out of the sand and realising we were right about sean connor all along???

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    yep , I'll take a slice of humble pie thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts

Which Dodge is posting?

Penalty he gave you was as debatable as any decision he gave our way (and nowhere near as crucial)
    It was a penalty. Absolutely correct decision...

Dodge, do you have an alter ego posting here? The 1st Dodge thinks penalty was "debatable", the 2nd Dodge says "absolutely correct decision"

Should we just disregard all your posts as being a contradiction?
    Last edited by Ezeikial; 23/05/2009 at 8:18 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    How has this thread degenerated into a slagfest between Sligo and Dundalk fans over Sean Connor?! It is supposed to be about the fact that Dundalk are increasing ticket prices and the (possible) ramifications.

I'm with most people on this. Increasing ticket prices isn't likely to be successful. Also, the sacking of Rogers has to have been motivated, in part, by money. They had the perfect excuse to get rid of him, but they ultimately didn't have to. The fact that they did says a lot, in my book.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brianw82 View Post
    How has this thread degenerated into a slagfest between Sligo and Dundalk fans over Sean Connor?! It is supposed to be about the fact that Dundalk are increasing ticket prices and the (possible) ramifications.

I'm with most people on this. Increasing ticket prices isn't likely to be successful. Also, the sacking of Rogers has to have been motivated, in part, by money. They had the perfect excuse to get rid of him, but they ultimately didn't have to. The fact that they did says a lot, in my book.
    You complain about this thread going off topic, and then you continue by speculating on the motivation behind Dave Rogers' sacking (even though there is a thread dedicated to this).

Strange!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast