Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: David Forde

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts
    At this stage, even you've noticed we don't have the players...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    672 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geysir View Post
    It's a big opportunity for Forde to leave Millwall on a free and negotiate a sweet contract to end out his playing days. He's earned it.

Available on a Bosman and signing the last pro contract of your career, what would you choose to do if your feet were big enough to fit in Forde's boots? Considering you have done reasonably well as a pro, maybe have had a £250k salary with Millwall, but there's a mortgage, 3 kids to raise, a missus who has ambitions to move house again and the fan belt just snapped on your nr 1 car. You can't trade in the missus for a cheaper version.

A 2 year £1.3m p/a contract with an epl club, with no guarantee of 1st team football,
    or a 2 year contract with a championship club, but at a lower £600,000p/a, with an added perk of being Ireland's nr 1.
    Don't have a link but I know a few weeks ago Forde said he and Millwall were chatting a new contract and he would be happy to stay. He sounded altogether chilled about the whole thing. Also mentioned he has no agent and will do all his own negotiating which endears him to me even more, but does suggest he'd take a decent offer with first team football.

He seems fairly settled, and I believe playing first team now he's (finally) at his peak and staying Ireland's number 1 would probably be his choice.
    Ou-est le Centre George Pompidou?

3. Thanks From:

International Prospect tricky_colour's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    621 Posts
    He has come a long was has Forde, crossed many rivers so to speak!!

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    World class against Wigan the other day according to a Wiganeer or a Wiganite, a very dubious source.

'But the Irish international McLean was determined not to let it get to him and produced a thunderous effort from 20 yards just before the 10-minute mark which could only be parried by David Forde' obviously Forde couldn't get down fast enough

'The goalkeeper pulled off one of two world-class saves from the resulting throw-in. Diving the other way, he did superbly to get his hand on a goal-bound Emmerson Boyce header to keep his side in the lead.'
    Wigan reporter's hyperbole.

'Forde then produced another stunning save to deny a Barnett header after he had punched clear Watson’s corner.'
    His catching weakness exposed again, no doubt.
    Last edited by geysir; 15/12/2013 at 2:15 PM.

6. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,311 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geysir View Post
    World class against Wigan the other day according to a Wiganeer or a Wiganite, a very dubious source.

'But the Irish international McLean was determined not to let it get to him and produced a thunderous effort from 20 yards just before the 10-minute mark which could only be parried by David Forde' obviously Forde couldn't get down fast enough

'The goalkeeper pulled off one of two world-class saves from the resulting throw-in. Diving the other way, he did superbly to get his hand on a goal-bound Emmerson Boyce header to keep his side in the lead.'
    Wigan reporter's hyperbole.

'Forde then produced another stunning save to deny a Barnett header after he had punched clear Watson’s corner.'
    His catching weakness exposed again, no doubt.
    Didn't think it could be exposed until POS officially exposes it, before anyone else realises it's a weakness?
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

8. Thanks From:

Closed Account
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    Interesting that he's being linked with a move to Sunderland. Would he take the gamble? Might not get a game there but could be a nice bump in his wages for final stages of his career.
    http://www.independent.ie/sport/socc...-29921174.html

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,693 Posts
    Westwood would truly hate him!

11. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    Forde taken off in the first half..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    http://www.herald.ie/sport/soccer/fo...-29989413.html

Forde in the dark over new contract.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    Celtic a good move?

Champions League football beckons...
    DID YOU NOTICE A SIGN OUTSIDE MY HOUSE...?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BonnieShels View Post
    Celtic a good move?

Champions League football beckons...
    Forde, Stokes, Gibson, McGeady, McCarthy and Coleman in the Champions League in one season.

Dare to dream.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,311 Posts
    Forster just broke the club record for consecutive clean sheets at Celtic, and is in the reckoning for the England squad at the World Cup. Forde would do well to replace him. On the other hand, he'd be on more money than Millwall could afford, and it would be hard to begrudge him that.
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport...-cesar-7202695

Scouted by Crystal Palace and QPR at Italy game.

He could be #1 at Palace if Speroni leaves. Then there is the Germany option.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    Palace would be a nice move. QPR is a madhouse.
    DID YOU NOTICE A SIGN OUTSIDE MY HOUSE...?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    http://www.newsatden.co.uk/36685-tim...all-deals.html

So much for that then; looks like he'll stay in his comfort zone, and our paltry number of professionals playing across top tier leagues - compared to other countries - will continue.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOneWhoKnocks View Post

So much for that then; looks like he'll stay in his comfort zone, and our paltry number of professionals playing across top tier leagues - compared to other countries - will continue.
    There's no quote from Forde in there and Holloway sounds less than optimistic about him accepting. I don't know where you're drawing your conclusion from because it's certainly not the text of the article.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    672 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOneWhoKnocks View Post

Harsh, since no one knows what offers he has or hasn't had. He could agitate more but what's the point of agitating to sit on the bench in the PL, for instance.

Forde can hardly be accused of cruising, he spent most of his career dragging boots around reserve matches and LOI grounds.

First-team football should rightly be his priority. After all, this ain't an improving player we're talking about, this is a guy at the tail end of his career looking to develop his international career. First team football is imperative to stay sharp.

That's all IF he stays at Millwall...
    Ou-est le Centre George Pompidou?

22. Thanks From:

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,095 Posts
    Forde really is between a rock and a hard place. Millwall have managed to stay in the Championship, where they're most likely to consolidate rather than challenge next year. Forde could agitate for a move to a PL team or another Championship side. But Millwall are a decent bet for him.

Forde's decision is likely to be informed by a combination of contract length, remuneration and first-team guarantees or chances. The level of football is surely going to be consequential to the starting prospects. The Championship is a very good level and he's managed to become number 1 for Ireland whilst playing in the Championship.

That article states he was seeking a 4 year deal- that's a big contract for a Championship player, not to mind one that's going to be 35 in almost 6 months. Hope he gets it somewhere.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    He is dead right though, he needs financial security at his age also, and is probably looking at earning as much as he possibly can before he retires. Good luck to him.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

25. Thanks From:

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,095 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_oshea View Post
    He is dead right though, he needs financial security at his age also, and is probably looking at earning as much as he possibly can before he retires. Good luck to him.
    Money isn't everything though, I suppose. If he got an offer from one of the PL clubs he's been linked with like Sunderland or Hull then he's not guaranteed a start, but would surely be on more money than if he remained in the Championship. At that point, he'd have to find the balance between salary and first-team prospects. He'd definitely be right to lean towards salary, as you've pointed out. I'd hope that he wouldn't do so at the expense (to some degree) of his international career.

I've noticed the Celtic links have cooled since the papers stopped linking Fraser Forster with every side in the Premiership. Lennon and Keane not being manager there might have a bit to do with it too as the summer transfer window draws on. I know the SPL isn't much of a standard, but I'd love to see him play Champions League, particularly if Ireland didn't manage to qualify for Euro 2016 later down the line.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast