Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Do you want barstoolers in the LOI?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodgysnapper View Post
    That pic while funny was photoshopped the guy had a banner but it said something else!
    Are you sure? I remember it on several news sites on the day of the protest... Of course, completely believable that it was shopped.
    DCFC

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SunderlandBohs View Post
    The barstoolers will not attend league of Ireland games even if they were free in with a pint and pie on arrival. Each game was a 5-goal thriller and Kelly Brooke (Sean from Eastenders for the ladies) was doing a striptease at half-time!

The barstooler is brianwashed by BSkyB, Setanta and British media EPL top four hype. Just look at how many of them know about English football outside the big four or pre-Premiership.

They don't think for themselves, Andy Gray and Jamie Redknapp do that for them.

I can't for the life of me understand how these 'hardcore football fans' don't follow the league? If they are football mad!!
    It's curious how much of the book 'No Logo' by Naomi Klein can be applied to Irish football fans. So many of them have been 'branded' since birth to support English football without a trace of irony. The same people are now being 'branded' to support the Irish rugby provinces and their GAA county. If you're from Dublin and went about in a Wasps shirt at the RDS, you'd never hear the end of it from the Leinster 'supporters'. Those same people are the ones roaring at Man U on the telly as "we" beat Arsenal. 'Branded' to forget your nationality for one sport, but to embrace it for others.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Dave Mcwilliams sums up the barstooler subtly in his book 'the popes children' i laughed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brianw82 View Post
    It's curious how much of the book 'No Logo' by Naomi Klein can be applied to Irish football fans. So many of them have been 'branded' since birth to support English football without a trace of irony. The same people are now being 'branded' to support the Irish rugby provinces and their GAA county. If you're from Dublin and went about in a Wasps shirt at the RDS, you'd never hear the end of it from the Leinster 'supporters'. Those same people are the ones roaring at Man U on the telly as "we" beat Arsenal. 'Branded' to forget your nationality for one sport, but to embrace it for others.
    Very true. The problem is not just a football one but an Irish society in a nutshell. We want to be involved in things that are shiney and pretty and fashionable. How many of these Leinster fans were around during the bad old days of Irish rugby?

The thing that gets me is when people call themselves Mancs or Scousers. Or worse when they call me a Mackem. Although I've family and friends over there and look upon the place as my second home, I'm a Dub not a Mackem. And never will be. Hence why I support Bohs because as a lad my dad would take me to games and always told to support your local team. You don't have to be Sunderland supporter to be a Mackem. As long as you live in the Sunderland area or Co.Durham your a Mackem.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Very true. The problem is not just a football one but an Irish society in a nutshell. We want to be involved in things that are shiney and pretty and fashionable. How many of these Leinster fans were around during the bad old days of Irish rugby?

The thing that gets me is when people call themselves Mancs or Scousers. Or worse when they call me a Mackem. Although I've family and friends over there and look upon the place as my second home, I'm a Dub not a Mackem. And never will be. Hence why I support Bohs because as a lad my dad would take me to games and always told to support your local team. You don't have to be Sunderland supporter to be a Mackem. As long as you live in the Sunderland area or Co.Durham your a Mackem.
    Many people in Newcastle will tell you you only need to live south of the Tyne to be a Mackem....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    473 Posts

My dad's from Stoke, so I'm a clayhead. Or more colourfully- "A six-fingered-plate-turner"!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123