Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Connor declares war on the League of Ireland (especially Bohs!!)

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Connor declares war on the League of Ireland (especially Bohs!!)

The spoofer is at it again! He has been listening to too much of those idiotic mudjahadeen chants it would seem.

http://www.dundalkfc.com/news/090505_Connor.asp

I wish to send a message to Dundalk supporters following the events of last Friday night in Dalymount Park.

In any season, there are always what I call “watershed” matches. For me, after 11 games, there have been two “watershed” games. Away to Shelbourne on Easter Monday in the EA Sports Cup was totally unacceptable. I felt that the players responded to the discussions we held following that match. The second “watershed” match, one that I think is much more important for the whole football club, was the game in Dalymount Park last Friday night. That was a watershed game in terms of how angry both the players and the staff were after the game. It’s a professional sport. I know these are strong words – but we felt cheated following the game. My worry is that there is an agenda against either this football club, myself or a combination of both. Why there is an agenda against us – I just don’t know. In the past I have been quite outspoken. I try to speak my mind. I try to be open and frank with journalists. My experience with Bohemians has showed me that this approach leads to making enemies within the journalist profession and the FAI.

Some of the decisions that have gone against us and some of the yellow cards that we have picked up are unexplainable. There was two tackles made the other night by a Bohs player that if were carried out by a Dundalk player they would have received a straight red card. We didn’t even receive a free-kick for either challenge. We get a yellow card for making a complaint and it leads to Harpal getting a red card. Then the same player puts Michael Daly out of the game. It was unbelievable.

We need to look long and hard at this situation at this football club. We need to all understand this agenda that we feel is against us. The reason I think the Bohs game was a watershed was – not because of the performance on the park – but it should be a watershed to unite this whole football club – supporters, players, staff and directors – behind each other. We need to realise that we have no friends in this game and we have to look after each other. I am appealing to our supporters to create a real siege mentality in Dundalk FC for the rest of this season starting on Friday night against Galway. We are under siege at this moment. We need to make sure now that Oriel Park is as hostile as possible to every team that comes here.

I sat down with the board recently. I know that Gerry Matthews has a vision for the infrastructure and youth development at this football club. I have a vision for what we see on the pitch. I am confident that we are all working in the same direction. I am making an appeal to the business community of Dundalk to get behind us. Last Friday night we played against a team with a wage bill three times the size of ours. That is a huge gap. We don’t need to close it this season but we need to start closing it over the next 2-3 seasons. We need to make it sustainable. Whatever increases in budget occur need to be well managed and projected into the future. That’s where the supporters come in. Right now we have one of the best gates in the country and we need to continue with this. I am asking the supporters to please keep coming up to Oriel Park on a match night. Get behind this team. We are trying to play good football and that will continue. However, we need to get a bit nastier between now and the end of the season. It is quite clear to me that in order to win football matches in this country that you sometimes have to be nasty. We need to do this to ensure that we stay in this division and have the opportunity to grow and develop and become the club that I think it can be.

I want to say to Dundalk fans that the next time we go to Dalymount Park we will be a different team. We will never let ourselves be bullied or intimidated the way we were last Friday. This football club will be in the Premier Division next year and within a few years we can be challenging for the title. The personal abuse that I took and the abuse that my players took has only hardened my resolve to be successful in this job. I realise that certain journalists and others will only be too happy to see me fail. But I am relishing this challenge. I have had many of my players coming to me since last Friday coming to me and saying “right Gaffer, we are going to put this right. We are going to be a different team after this and improve”. That’s why I think last Friday’s night was a watershed match. I think it will galvanise everybody at this football club to put things right. We will not resort to cheating or breaking any rules. Our supporters were magnificent last Friday. It was very much appreciated when the fans waited behind last Friday night to show us their support. I know the result hurt but stay supportive of the team and we will make progress.

The squad is paper thin. But Joe Miller, Jimmy Browne and myself are working tirelessly to bring players in to the club. Hopefully we are getting closer to this. Our plans are to have these deals done so that they will happen at the 1st July. Be patient with this regard. Don’t believe everything you read in the papers because as I said a lot of journalists have agendas against me and this club. If you want to know my thoughts on any issue then read these notes in the magazine or on dundalkfc.com because they are the only true communications between myself and the supporters.

Thanks for reading these notes and get behind the team against Galway United on Friday night and in the future. We need your support more than ever.

Sean Connor.

You can read an expanded version of these notes in the Dundalk FC Magazine on sale on Friday night at the Galway game.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Thumbs down

If he is going to say there is a conspiracy he should at least get a good tag line. Is this his "Ridden Rock Solid" moment?
    http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,698 Posts
    hilarious!!

do Dundalk fans agree with this?
    I like high energy football. A little bit rock and roll. Many finishes instead of waiting for the perfect one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    They need to be nastier?... he must have missed the game against us in Terryland as they were quite dirty that night, man sent off aswell iirc
    There's the right way, the wrong way.... and the Max Power way!! :-D

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Christ does he never get tired of spin and rubbish? It was not the ref that got Dundalk pumped the other night, a large proportion of blame must lie elsewhere, he has to admit that? This we are all against blarney is laughable actually this is quite a desperate press release.

By the way i think i said to Dundalk fans he would be looking for more money soon and what do you know week 10 has just gone and he is already appealing to the business community, he never has enough because he is not a good manager. It seemed that the Dundalk chairman give him a choice a small squad with fair few expensive players who will be full time or and mix and match squad of decent proprtion, Connor took a needless risk and it has clearly backfired with a tiny squad that has injuries and suspended players. Absolute spoofer and after Dundalk move him on he better never come near our club again.
    Last edited by Rovers Maniac; 05/05/2009 at 4:36 PM.

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,529 Posts
    Nice one. Concentrate on the (admittedly awful) decisions rather than the fact they got beat to feck.

Not a bad tactic, but it doesn't quite work when you come across as a bit of a paranoid mental case.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    He must be looking to get banned again as some form of self -fulfilling prophecy given the inflammatory language. Hopefully the FAI ignore him and Dundalk discipline him as step one on a long steady procedurally correct path to dismissal. It might take Dundalk six months but it will be worth it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    His call for hostility towards away teams should be reported to the FAI.

There's enough messing going on inside and around EL grounds without encouraging it in the match programme.
    Last edited by Patrick Dunne; 05/05/2009 at 4:38 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    The most feebly obvious attempt to create a 'them and us' mind-set for a football club. Cringeworthy...

As for the "we need to get nasty" bit - some of his club's fans have been years ahead of him on that. If the heat gets turned-up at future Dundalk games and problems ensure, at least we know who to apportion blame to.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Seems to me he has run out of ideas already and all he can think of is the "everybody hates us" siege mentality idea, but he's no Alex Ferguson, that's for sure.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Awww the poor lad Seanie thinks he's Jose Mourinho.

Not so much The Special One - more The Special Needs One
    Kom Igen, FCK...

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Only seen our game at Oriel & the game on TV last Friday but Dundalk seem to lacking a bit of energy & fight. I am confused with George O'Callaghan playing in what looks like deep midfielder i.e. position of defensive midfielder without the defending...
    http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    seems like they had already started

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_...st/8022112.stm

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,529 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wexfordned View Post
    It is quite clear to me that in order to win football matches in this country that you sometimes have to be nasty.
    I can just see Mental Mickey (if he ever gets playing, but then the IFA hate Dundalk too) going up to an opposition player and saying something like...

"Oh my God, what are you wearing? Totally not your colour and it's almost as if you WANT to look fat! And was your hairdresser on drugs or something? And those shoes.. I don't even know where to begin with the shoes."

Pretty nasty, but will it be enough to get results? Tune in to next week's exciting episode to find out.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    I'm a bit worried that no Dundalk fan has commented on this thread yet. I thought they'd be at pains to distance themselves from this lunatic. I know some of them will go along with nonsense but i hope to God the smarter ones call for his head because it's obvious he's lost the plot.
    They always cheat, they always lie
    **** Delaney and the FAI

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    He's lost the plot! he does have a point about the paul keegan challanges but this is'nt the right way to go about it!! sounds to me like he is fighting to save his job!! dundalk 2nd bottom in the table! if kenna is getting worried then im sure connor is worried too!!
    roddy collins should be a comedian!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr A View Post
    I can just see Mental Mickey (if he ever gets playing, but then the IFA hate Dundalk too)
    He played for them in the Malone cup against the Drogs. Lasted about 30 minutes before picking up a straight red.
    Hunky Dorys Park - could be worse, we could be going to Old Trafford every other week

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    You can read an expanded version of these notes in the Dundalk FC Magazine on sale on Friday night at the Galway game.
    That rant was the abridged version?
    My Goodness.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wexfordned View Post

The spoofer is at it again! He has been listening to too much of those idiotic mudjahadeen chants it would seem.

http://www.dundalkfc.com/news/090505_Connor.asp

I wish to send a message to Dundalk supporters following the events of last Friday night in Dalymount Park.

In any season, there are always what I call “watershed” matches. For me, after 11 games, there have been two “watershed” games. Away to Shelbourne on Easter Monday in the EA Sports Cup was totally unacceptable. I felt that the players responded to the discussions we held following that match. The second “watershed” match, one that I think is much more important for the whole football club, was the game in Dalymount Park last Friday night. That was a watershed game in terms of how angry both the players and the staff were after the game. It’s a professional sport. I know these are strong words – but we felt cheated following the game. My worry is that there is an agenda against either this football club, myself or a combination of both. Why there is an agenda against us – I just don’t know. In the past I have been quite outspoken. I try to speak my mind. I try to be open and frank with journalists. My experience with Bohemians has showed me that this approach leads to making enemies within the journalist profession and the FAI.

Some of the decisions that have gone against us and some of the yellow cards that we have picked up are unexplainable. There was two tackles made the other night by a Bohs player that if were carried out by a Dundalk player they would have received a straight red card. We didn’t even receive a free-kick for either challenge. We get a yellow card for making a complaint and it leads to Harpal getting a red card. Then the same player puts Michael Daly out of the game. It was unbelievable.

We need to look long and hard at this situation at this football club. We need to all understand this agenda that we feel is against us. The reason I think the Bohs game was a watershed was – not because of the performance on the park – but it should be a watershed to unite this whole football club – supporters, players, staff and directors – behind each other. We need to realise that we have no friends in this game and we have to look after each other. I am appealing to our supporters to create a real siege mentality in Dundalk FC for the rest of this season starting on Friday night against Galway. We are under siege at this moment. We need to make sure now that Oriel Park is as hostile as possible to every team that comes here.

I sat down with the board recently. I know that Gerry Matthews has a vision for the infrastructure and youth development at this football club. I have a vision for what we see on the pitch. I am confident that we are all working in the same direction. I am making an appeal to the business community of Dundalk to get behind us. Last Friday night we played against a team with a wage bill three times the size of ours. That is a huge gap. We don’t need to close it this season but we need to start closing it over the next 2-3 seasons. We need to make it sustainable. Whatever increases in budget occur need to be well managed and projected into the future. That’s where the supporters come in. Right now we have one of the best gates in the country and we need to continue with this. I am asking the supporters to please keep coming up to Oriel Park on a match night. Get behind this team. We are trying to play good football and that will continue. However, we need to get a bit nastier between now and the end of the season. It is quite clear to me that in order to win football matches in this country that you sometimes have to be nasty. We need to do this to ensure that we stay in this division and have the opportunity to grow and develop and become the club that I think it can be.

I want to say to Dundalk fans that the next time we go to Dalymount Park we will be a different team. We will never let ourselves be bullied or intimidated the way we were last Friday. This football club will be in the Premier Division next year and within a few years we can be challenging for the title. The personal abuse that I took and the abuse that my players took has only hardened my resolve to be successful in this job. I realise that certain journalists and others will only be too happy to see me fail. But I am relishing this challenge. I have had many of my players coming to me since last Friday coming to me and saying “right Gaffer, we are going to put this right. We are going to be a different team after this and improve”. That’s why I think last Friday’s night was a watershed match. I think it will galvanise everybody at this football club to put things right. We will not resort to cheating or breaking any rules. Our supporters were magnificent last Friday. It was very much appreciated when the fans waited behind last Friday night to show us their support. I know the result hurt but stay supportive of the team and we will make progress.

The squad is paper thin. But Joe Miller, Jimmy Browne and myself are working tirelessly to bring players in to the club. Hopefully we are getting closer to this. Our plans are to have these deals done so that they will happen at the 1st July. Be patient with this regard. Don’t believe everything you read in the papers because as I said a lot of journalists have agendas against me and this club. If you want to know my thoughts on any issue then read these notes in the magazine or on dundalkfc.com because they are the only true communications between myself and the supporters.

Thanks for reading these notes and get behind the team against Galway United on Friday night and in the future. We need your support more than ever.

Sean Connor.

This man is an absolute lunatic! As if these lunatic element of this club need anymore encouragement to be hostile. He has visions of Dundalk been another crazy gang but I think he should be in a straight jacket.We as Rovers fans warned Bohs of how bad of manager this gob***** is and the sooner Dundalk realise the better for this club. Jornalist and league against him such bull wasn't he on that side of the fence last year.

If this incites any sort of antisocial behavior.Connor should be banned!
    Till d End!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Celdrog View Post
    He played for them in the Malone cup against the Drogs. Lasted about 30 minutes before picking up a straight red.
    In a friendly against us .Connors was asked by the Ref to take him off before he was sent off crazy tackling. Absolute nutter!
    Till d End!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast