Thread: LOI round 11

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

LOI round 11

Odds here:
    http://odds-comparison.bestbetting.c...p--of-ireland/

UCD at EVS with Boyles looks a bit big to me.
    What do ye think?

Waterford 1/10 at home to Kildare!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    I didnt take the EVS in time, best price now 9/10 on UCD following tonight's result.

Have lumped on Waterford to win both halves @ 10/11 with the ever-generous Will Hill.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eL Bettor View Post

Have lumped on Waterford to win both halves @ 10/11 with the ever-generous Will Hill.
    Me too, max bet - 3pts. It always a tough bet to get up but WUFC should do it here.
    Who Cares?!

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,222 Posts
    Our reserves beat Athlone's first team last night. You would imagine we'd win on Saturday, but I've seen it before where our reserves win in the League Cup in midweek, and then the first team don't win against the same team at the weekend.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I didnt take the EVS in time, best price now 9/10 on UCD following tonight's result.

Quote Originally Posted by Raheny Red View Post
    Me too, max bet - 3pts. It always a tough bet to get up but WUFC should do it here.
    Into 8/11 now!
    Who Cares?!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,222 Posts
    Paddy Power has Bray 8/11 to beat Drogheda at home and Bohs 6/4 to beat Derry away. Wexford at 11/8 to win in Monaghan looks good too. Limerick at 4/6 to beat Harps too. Think I'll add us at 5/6 (despite continually promising myself to stop betting on us) to get a trebles from five with that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    Good price for Bohs......

Derry have a lot of injuries.

Delaney,Martyn, O'Brien, Hutton, McGlynn etc are all out.
    Tifo poles, sausage rolls and a few goals.

The Brandy Blogs, back and blogging the 2010 season

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    St Patrick's Athletic -v- Cork City
    The noises coming from Richmond Park these days are not good, with yet another home defeat in the League Cup on Monday night. Kenna has a much poorer squad, in terms of ability and finances, than last year and they are not doing well. They are up against a Cork side that are grinding out results week after week, and who have done very well on the road so far. If we look at Pats' results so far, any time they're come up against an obviously superior team, they've been beaten. This is the type of game I wouldn't have backed a year ago, but I've learned my lesson and will be going for Cork tonight, and I expect them to prevail by the odd goal.

Waterford United -v- Kildare County

This is clearly the biggest mismatch of the season so far, and the bookies know it. 1-8 is currently the best you'll get on Waterford on the win-draw-win market, so we need to look at the handicaps and 'win both halves' markets for value. Only Hills are offering this at a decent price, 1.73, but I feel this one is a gimme. Kildare will screw us over at some stage this season, but not this time. By rights, we should be looking at a scoreline to rival Fingal's victory earlier in the season.

Going for a smaller stake than usual due to the increased odds with this double.

Backing Cork to win and Waterford to win both halves (Will Hill) @ 4.15 - 1 pt

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    We're not playing til tomorrow Brian. Also, to let you know, Duggan who was playing in the midfield 3 has broken his ankle and Dennehy who has pretty much been our driving force is out too.

We'll be reverting to 4-4-2 and have absolutely no pace at all.

I wouldnt be betting on us winning although we might sneak it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brianw82 View Post
    The noises coming from Richmond Park these days are not good, with yet another home defeat in the League Cup on Monday night. Kenna has a much poorer squad, in terms of ability and finances, than last year and they are not doing well. They are up against a Cork side that are grinding out results week after week, and who have done very well on the road so far. If we look at Pats' results so far, any time they're come up against an obviously superior team, they've been beaten. This is the type of game I wouldn't have backed a year ago, but I've learned my lesson and will be going for Cork tonight, and I expect them to prevail by the odd goal.

This is clearly the biggest mismatch of the season so far, and the bookies know it. 1-8 is currently the best you'll get on Waterford on the win-draw-win market, so we need to look at the handicaps and 'win both halves' markets for value. Only Hills are offering this at a decent price, 1.73, but I feel this one is a gimme. Kildare will screw us over at some stage this season, but not this time. By rights, we should be looking at a scoreline to rival Fingal's victory earlier in the season.

Going for a smaller stake than usual due to the increased odds with this double.

Brian I agree with you that Waterford win both halves is a gimme (I'm on at 10/11!) so why double it with Cork win both halves and potentially lose out on the gimme?! If I were you I'd be placing two singles, a very large one on Waterford and a smaller bet on Cork win both halves. (I'm just on Cork Draw No Bet myself)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,222 Posts
    Paddy Power have 13/5 on UCD -1 in Athlone. I know I should never bet on us, but our reserves beat their first team 1-0 (albeit we were riding our luck at times); I'd hope our first team could do better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Waterford United -V- Kildare County

Kildare must be thinking what could have been had Cobh not been thrown out of the league. They really are at a lost at this stage. This Kildare side are really out of their depth this season and morale must be at a real low. Tonight they must travel to in-form Waterford in what should be a rout, with an easy win by 3 or more for the home side. WUFC are as short as 1/16 in some places so won’t be going near that. However, we have flicked though all the available markets and there’s one that has caught our eye with Hills. WUFC to win both haves @ 10/11. Always a tough one to get up but a mauling should be on the cards this evening.

Mervue United -V- Sporting Fingal

It’s the new boys versus the league favourites tonight and one which I expect to be very open. Both sides are missing two of their best defenders so hopefully this ensures an attacking game. Mervue have only kept one clean sheet to date, against Kildare surprise surprise, so Fingal should be racking at least two against this lot. To date, Fingal have played four away games and three of these have witnessed over 2.5 goals. Tonight we will be hoping for the same again.

Selections:

WUFC to win both halves @ 10/11 (Hills) 3pts.
    Over 2.5 goals MUFC -V- SFFC @ 2.08 (Betfair) 3pts.
    Who Cares?!

International Prospect bennocelt's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    335 Posts
    No money in account at moment - damn it - all tied up.....but

A few draws?
    Dundalk - galway utd 11/5
    Limerick - finn harps 12/5

Cork look nice at 7/5 - i fancy most teams playing St pats these days!
    Shamrock R at 17/10?

Def UCD at 5/6 - surely a banker!!!!!!!!!

n 10/11 over 2.5 goals at Fingal - Merve game

some nice betting markets this weekend

sorry - Im a PP man!
    Last edited by bennocelt; 08/05/2009 at 6:41 PM. Reason: PP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,222 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Paddy Power has Bray 8/11 to beat Drogheda at home and Bohs 6/4 to beat Derry away. Wexford at 11/8 to win in Monaghan looks good too. Limerick at 4/6 to beat Harps too.
    Wow. Didn't think none of those would come off! That's a new low for me (don't think I've ever gotten less than two right when I do a treble from five).

The results in Galway and Tolka made up for it though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post

The results in Galway and Tolka made up for it though.
    Huge incentive now for both WUFC and UCD to win tonight. Both sides will be working their ****** off.
    Who Cares?!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Brian I agree with you that Waterford win both halves is a gimme (I'm on at 10/11!) so why double it with Cork win both halves and potentially lose out on the gimme?! If I were you I'd be placing two singles, a very large one on Waterford and a smaller bet on Cork win both halves. (I'm just on Cork Draw No Bet myself)
    I am a bit more apprehensive now that the Cork team news is out, but I still reckon they should have enough to scrape by. I can,t really not go against Pats right now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Athlone -V- UCD

These sides met on Tuesday in the plastic cup with UCD running out 1-0 victors. That night UCD had their youthful second side out so they should win this game easily enough. This game is massive for UCD with both Shels and Fingal failing to win last night. The bookmakers have been under rating the Students all season even though they are the best side I’ve seen in the graveyard over the past 3 season. This side have got real talent and huge potential. They can go 6 clear of Spingal tonight, that’s a huge incentive for them and I’m sure their gaffer will be instilling that into them all day long. 2-0 away win.

UCD @ 5/6 with powers 3pts.
    Who Cares?!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Raheny Red

UCD @ 5/6 with powers 3pts.
    WUFC to win both halves @ 10/11 (Hills) 3pts.
    Over 2.5 goals MUFC -V- SFFC @ 2.08 (Betfair) 3pts.
    Thanks to be jaysis UCD won, still a loss however but could have been alot worse

BTW, Hills have their prices up for next week since last night.
    Who Cares?!

International Prospect bennocelt's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    335 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bennocelt View Post
    No money in account at moment - damn it - all tied up.....but

A few draws?
    Dundalk - galway utd 11/5
    Limerick - finn harps 12/5
    Cork look nice at 7/5 - i fancy most teams playing St pats these days!
    Shamrock R at 17/10?

Def UCD at 5/6 - surely a banker!!!!!!!!!

n 10/11 over 2.5 goals at Fingal - Merve game

some nice betting markets this weekend

sorry - Im a PP man!

had a good day gambling yesterday, pity the only LOI game i had money on was UCD
    put already down 2 bets this morning - damn Chinese football

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brianw82 View Post

Damn Waterford Utd to hell and back. Pats are so bad at the minute that Cork,s injuries didn,t seem to bother them at all.

Hopefully they keep Kenna on for as long as possible so this bad run will continue.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast