Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Thomas Donnelly is the first managerial casualty of the season

Middle of No Where, The Center of Everywhere.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thomas Donnelly is the first managerial casualty of the season

http://www.kildarecountyfc.com/?p=1284

Whether he was sacked was he resigned i dunno some fans on the club website forum think he was sacked.
    Everyone needs something to believe in, I believe I'll have another beer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    Who'll be his replacement do ye think lads ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    I'd say if that job had come up a month earlier, Pat Scully may have been in the running. He's based in Kildare AFAIK. It's a pretty thankless job to take on now, I'd say it will be kept local, especially given that many of the players come from the Kildare League.
    'And Crouch must score'

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DeNiro View Post
    I'd say if that job had come up a month earlier, Pat Scully may have been in the running. He's based in Kildare AFAIK. It's a pretty thankless job to take on now, I'd say it will be kept local, especially given that many of the players come from the Kildare League.
    Scully would never have taken it, Gill wont take it and Cousins didn't stay. The problem for all those managers are that Kildare County have no money. And despite what some ppl think, these guys know that you need money to have success, not a magic managerial appointment. So I reckon that they will all steer well clear.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Now that Joey Somerville is the new boss, do youse think we will stick to the local policy or will he use his knowledge of the LSL to get us some players in?
    Cmon County!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kildare Lad View Post
    Now that Joey Somerville is the new boss, do youse think we will stick to the local policy or will he use his knowledge of the LSL to get us some players in?
    I think Donnelly was forced to go local. Kildare had no money for experienced LOI-ers and the LSL deadline was passed by the time Kildare were confirmed in the First Division.

Kildare County have always had a local policy and always tried to bring local talent into the team. Thats fine and I hope Somerville continues with this. But there is a difference between bringing some local lads through and having the team made up almost 100% of locals.

What Kildare need now are players that can drag us off the bottom, and I dont think anyone in the club cares if they are local, if they are from Dublin, if they are from Ghana or wherever.

Ppl are putting alot of faith in getting in some LSL players, but I am unconvinced! LSL is a level below LOI, so it's going to be a big step up for any LSL player to compete at LOI level.

Thats my opinion!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I do not know where this idea came from that Kildare have a local policy only- It has never been the intention that Kildare would use only local Players - as far as I am aware Cooper was never restricted to using local players and the fact that he signed Alan Lynch and Daithi Garry would prove that point.

I am aware that the Board wanted to encourage and promote Local talent but not to the exclusion of good players - yes to the exclusion of "journeymen".

Maybe it was Cooper who could not encourage outside players to sign for County. It will be very interesting to see if Joey Somerville can encourage outside players to come on Board.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Has the Kildare messageboard been shut down? Whats going on over there?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bananarepublic View Post
    Has the Kildare messageboard been shut down? Whats going on over there?
    http://www.kildarecountyfc.com/?p=1299

KAFCo (Kildare Association Co-op) brought the major stakeholders in Kildare Football together to promote local Soccer.

One of the first combined projects was the introduction of a common Website. The Underage League had previously had their own website on which they submitted fixtures and latest news concerning Underage activities.

The Underage League requested - and Kildare County had no problem in granting them - a facility that would protect the Underage visitors/contributors/ forum members to the Website.

The Underage League has a responsibility to the players of the League and were aware that certain contributors on the forum used inappropriate language or made unsubstantiated allegations.

Kildare County agreed with the Underage League and accordingly any fan who wishes to contribute to the forum must register and complete certain details before being allowed contribute.

The Board of Kildare County accept that the vast majority of contributors to the Forum are well meaning supporters who have the best interests of Kildare County at heart and hope that they will continue to subscribe to the forum.

Contributors who use foul language or post inappropriate material may be removed or banned from the site in accordance with their undertaking.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts
    Prepare yourselves for some disciplinary problems with Mr Somerville in charge. Refs in LSL went on strike because of his anctics a couple of years ago.
    Always look on the bright side of life

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davidatrb View Post
    http://www.kildarecountyfc.com/?p=1299

KAFCo (Kildare Association Co-op) brought the major stakeholders in Kildare Football together to promote local Soccer.

One of the first combined projects was the introduction of a common Website. The Underage League had previously had their own website on which they submitted fixtures and latest news concerning Underage activities.

The Underage League requested - and Kildare County had no problem in granting them - a facility that would protect the Underage visitors/contributors/ forum members to the Website.

The Underage League has a responsibility to the players of the League and were aware that certain contributors on the forum used inappropriate language or made unsubstantiated allegations.

Kildare County agreed with the Underage League and accordingly any fan who wishes to contribute to the forum must register and complete certain details before being allowed contribute.

The Board of Kildare County accept that the vast majority of contributors to the Forum are well meaning supporters who have the best interests of Kildare County at heart and hope that they will continue to subscribe to the forum.

Contributors who use foul language or post inappropriate material may be removed or banned from the site in accordance with their undertaking.

So is that statement blaming underage contributors for posting inappropriate stuff or blaming the Underage league for allowing their contributors post allegations. I'm confused after reading that.

There were all sorts of allegations on various different stuff flying around in there recently. The more serious stuff didnt seem to have anything to do with underage items.

Have to say for an official website forum they were very liberal in allowing some of the stuff to go on. A clearout was probably a good idea.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bananarepublic View Post
    So is that statement blaming underage contributors for posting inappropriate stuff or blaming the Underage league for allowing their contributors post allegations. I'm confused after reading that.

There were all sorts of allegations on various different stuff flying around in there recently. The more serious stuff didnt seem to have anything to do with underage items.

Have to say for an official website forum they were very liberal in allowing some of the stuff to go on. A clearout was probably a good idea.
    Yep. They let anything go there for a while. But now the website is merged with the underage league I guess that they want to clamp down so that the youngsters can have a forum without getting ripped into for expressing an opinion.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The sacking of Donnelly is a disgrace. He couldnt sign players because of the A Championship and when County got back into the First Division it was to late to sign LSL players. Its a known fact that he had up to 10 players waiting for June 1st to join from LSL clubs. Why not give him a proper chance at turning it around? Donnelly deserved that chance.
    It looks like the club wanting to be seen to be doing something positive. And Donnelly is the scapecoat.
    I wonder what was the input of Pat McNally??????? He had a serious problem with Eric Hannigan when he was named manager, even left the club.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Donnelly was terrible, it's about right that he was sacked, we we're doing terrible under him and he showed no ambition to win games, he just set up so we wouldn't lose and he failed miserably at that

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sniffa View Post
    The sacking of Donnelly is a disgrace. He couldnt sign players because of the A Championship and when County got back into the First Division it was to late to sign LSL players. Its a known fact that he had up to 10 players waiting for June 1st to join from LSL clubs. Why not give him a proper chance at turning it around? Donnelly deserved that chance.
    It looks like the club wanting to be seen to be doing something positive. And Donnelly is the scapecoat.
    I wonder what was the input of Pat McNally??????? He had a serious problem with Eric Hannigan when he was named manager, even left the club.
    How can you single out member of the board from the others? do you know something more?

Anyway, anybody who said Hannigan was a bad manager was proved right. He took over a team top of the league half way through the season and couldn't even stay in the top 4 to make the play offs. He had the best squad of players the club ever had and blew it. Like Cooper, he had his chance. The proof of what a bad manager he was is shown by what he has done since - absolutely nothing.

A scapegoat?!!?! Managers are responsible for results at every club in the world and somebody had to do something, you do realise that we are target to concede well over 100 goals this season?

I'm not sure if you have seen the league table recently but just to clarify.

- We are bottom of the table
    - We have have 1 point from 8 games
    - We have lost 7 games in a row
    - We have scored 3 goals, yes thats 3 goals in 8 games.
    - In the same time, we have conceded 31!!!

Despite this, we are still only 3 points behind the next team in the table. Cooper is a nice fella but he had his chance, the club isn't there for him to try further himself as a manager, we are supposed to be competitive as a league of ireland team. Instead, we are a laughing stock. Teams can get beaten 6-0 one week and then turn around beat us 5-1 the next.

I don't know whether it was Pat McNally or whether it was Michael Casey or whoever who decided to sack Cooper but whoever it was made the right decision. Cooper was as out of his depth as most of the squad. In fact, it probably should have been done before it actually was.

It will be very interesting to see what the new manager can do, he certainly talks a good game in his interview on the main site.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    As an outsider looking in you have to say the results speak for themselves. It doesn't do the league any favours and certainly not Kildare County seeing them get thumped by 4 , 5 or 6 goals every week.

I remember Hannigan down there. That was an excellent squad of players who mostly all went on to play in the premier with other clubs. Hannigan did blow it. I thought KCFC were the best team in the legue that year. Dunno how they failed to even make the playoffs.