Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Well, here it is - the nine games are up !!!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

Well, here it is - the nine games are up !!!

I know you will all have been waiting for the mush promised Avvenalaf Nine Game Review so sit back, relax and pay attention at the back - I'll be asking questions afterwards.

Firstly, let me say that I am pleasantly surprised at the position we find ourselves in and, more importantly, the type of football we have been trying, and mostly succeeding, to play.
    The effort on the pitch has been commendable and I have to retract what I may have implied about Paul Cook's ability to manage this set of players. The performances against Derry and, more so,against Bohs, were top drawer and Pat Fenlon's comments after the latter game were welcome and deserved. All that said, it is difficult to disagree with Inside Man's assertion that this team won't win any trophies but, against that, I am absolutely certain that these lads won't shame the club with any performance here or in Europe and there certainly is no question of any relegation battle.
    Obviously, Almera and Butler are massive losses although the back five were excellent against Bohs. There must be something that Danny Ventre brings to the team dynamic - like Steve Birks - as he is definitely a grenade with a loose pin and will, over a season, cost a lot. Other than that I have no comment to make about individuals other that to ask how many more times can Raf be carried out of battle on his shield. He's some man for one man.

So there it is. Well done lads and keep going. Will be tough to get anything out of Cork, who are improving rapidly, but then we have two must win home games against Harps and Youknowwho. Go for it !!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by avvenalaf View Post
    Code:
    Almera
    and Butler are massive losses although the back five were excellent against Bohs.

have one meself, great little run-around.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts
    Change that HAVE to HAD - we know where you live

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by avvenalaf View Post
    I know you will all have been waiting for the mush promised Avvenalaf Nine Game Review so sit back, relax and pay attention at the back - I'll be asking questions afterwards.

Firstly, let me say that I am pleasantly surprised at the position we find ourselves in and, more importantly, the type of football we have been trying, and mostly succeeding, to play.
    The effort on the pitch has been commendable and I have to retract what I may have implied about Paul Cook's ability to manage this set of players. The performances against Derry and, more so,against Bohs, were top drawer and Pat Fenlon's comments after the latter game were welcome and deserved. All that said, it is difficult to disagree with Inside Man's assertion that this team won't win any trophies but, against that, I am absolutely certain that these lads won't shame the club with any performance here or in Europe and there certainly is no question of any relegation battle.
    Obviously, Almera and Butler are massive losses although the back five were excellent against Bohs. There must be something that Danny Ventre brings to the team dynamic - like Steve Birks - as he is definitely a grenade with a loose pin and will, over a season, cost a lot. Other than that I have no comment to make about individuals other that to ask how many more times can Raf be carried out of battle on his shield. He's some man for one man.

So there it is. Well done lads and keep going. Will be tough to get anything out of Cork, who are improving rapidly, but then we have two must win home games against Harps and Youknowwho. Go for it !!
    Indeed...

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts
    Ah, Dong, I always knew you were a style over substance man.