Cool Castlebar Celtic FC

well done to the lads, good win on the road at the weekend . any reports
    Its better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Cool another good win celtic 3 v ringmahon 1

ringmahon were one up after twenty mins and were comfortably the better team at that stage. then came the turning point in the game, a cross from the right was flicked on at the near post, with a celtic player ready to nod it in a defender handled it and took it off his head. penalty and a straight red card. from then on celtic were the better team but ringmahon were still dangerous on the break.second half ringmahon lost the plot.firstly came red card number 2 which imo was unlucky the centre half jumped with his arms as every player does and caught ioseph reilly flush in the jaw.it certainly wasnt deliberate and he immediately apologised but the ref had already flashed the red card.spoke to him afterwards and was apologetic but said it was an accident i certainly believed him seemed like a genuine guy to me. celtic inevitably scored the second shortly afterwards and were going to win comfortably at this stage then finally ringmahons number 6 got his wish and got himslf sent off aswell with an awful challenge hed already been booked and it was only a matter of time till it happened his attitude was terrible. celtic then got the third and game over the cork side tried hard to have another player sent off before the end and should have succeeded only the ref obviously decided 3 was enough. could have been a good game but for indisipline on the cork side they certainly showed signs of what they cud do early on however credit to the celtic players who kept their heads well when everyone around them coundnt even find theirs
    Its better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Fair report but IMO the centre half new what he was doing. If everyone jumped they way the CH did you would have no one left on the pitch. I was right beside the incident and the ref got it right. Yes was nice guy off the pitch but not in this case. He never even prostested about the card. That says it all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Closing Time View Post
    Fair report but IMO the centre half new what he was doing. If everyone jumped they way the CH did you would have no one left on the pitch. I was right beside the incident and the ref got it right. Yes was nice guy off the pitch but not in this case. He never even prostested about the card. That says it all.
    agree it was a red card but genuinely dont think he meant it.i see a few of there "supporters" disgraced themselves on sat night in there accomodation
    i may occasionally walk alone but i'll be in good company when i do

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Pity they got those players sent off, from what i heard the Keeper from Castlebar could have went in the first half for bringing down one of the ringmahons players. Would have been interesting to see what would have happened if it wasn't for ringmahons indiscipline. So what happened in their accomodation?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AvondaleNutter View Post
    Pity they got those players sent off, from what i heard the Keeper from Castlebar could have went in the first half for bringing down one of the ringmahons players. Would have been interesting to see what would have happened if it wasn't for ringmahons indiscipline. So what happened in their accomodation?
    I taught he may have been sent off aswell, I think Jennings took down the Ringmahon player. Jennings was at fault foir the Ringmahn goal but went on to make a brilliant save in the second half. In the end Celtic deserved the win and now go away to Mayfield on the 23rd/24th May.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    The Mayfield game will be interesting as Mayfield and Ringmahon have been neck and neck all season. The result will tell alot for Ringmahon, to see if they kept their head, could they have actually won the game???

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AvondaleNutter View Post
    The Mayfield game will be interesting as Mayfield and Ringmahon have been neck and neck all season. The result will tell alot for Ringmahon, to see if they kept their head, could they have actually won the game???
    We will never know, but they looked the better team with 11 players but nothing between the teams at that stege. It all changed with the hand ball (foolish) but Rangers still held their own with 10 men. But most people at the ground would have put money on Rangers to win with 11 men.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Connacht Cup Finals

Best of luck to the U-12, U-16 & U-18's in the connacht Cup finals at the weekend. Celtic, Mervue & Salthill have two teams in the Cup finals and Celtic one in a sheild final. Not surprisng three best youth clubs in Connacht by a long way.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Will celtic have many heading to tullamore this saturday? 3 points would be nice, but will be hard got

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

it will be tough

very short on players think we only have 13 or 14 dec was saying the last night, a lot of fellas can't make it because of other commitments, studyin etc..
    Reporter to Gordon Strachan: gordon, what's your impression of jermaine pennant? Reply: I don't do impressions!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    u18 quigley cup semi final
    celtic 4-1 achill

decent performance. celtic missing 11 players from last weeks connaught cup win. celtic looking for 4 quigley cups in a row
    www.castlebarceltic.com

What the mind can conceive and believe, it can achieve!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Tullamore Town 0 2 Castlebar Celtic
    Dravins, Rowland

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Great result in Tullamore. Well done all

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 1882 View Post
    Tullamore Town 0 2 Castlebar Celtic
    Dravins, Rowland
    good result away from home. any report on the game?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Galway Utd

Big derby game at the weekend when Dec & Harry's lads meet Galway Utd in Celtic Park @ 7.30 pm. It woud be great to get a home win. Anyone know what sort of team Utd have this year. Well done to all the Celtic lads involved with the St pat's Connacht winning side today. As per web site the club had 7 out of the 8 players involved.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts
    Big derby game at the weekend when Dec & Harry's lads meet Galway Utd in Celtic Park @ 7.30 pm. It woud be great to get a home win. Anyone know what sort of team Utd have this year. Well done to all the Celtic lads involved with the St pat's Connacht winning side today. As per web site the club had 7 out of the 8 players involved.
    If we can field a team we will be doing well. Alot of injuries so we've only played 2 games. We also handed the match to Drogheda a few weeks back. I can see ye winning this one

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gufc2000 View Post
    If we can field a team we will be doing well. Alot of injuries so we've only played 2 games. We also handed the match to Drogheda a few weeks back. I can see ye winning this one
    Apart from Niall Walsh any other Mayo players with Utd. Is the team made up of U-20 players?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts
    Apart from Niall Walsh any other Mayo players with Utd. Is the team made up of U-20 players?
    Mainly lads from the fringes of the first team squad. However lads like Ger Hanley and Paul Sinnot are injured, and they would be starting. Plus we are missing Sean Kelly, Alan Murphy, Shane Fitzgearld and Derek O'Brien for this weeks game against Bray

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    i dont think the el clubs have signed many u20 players yet. i see that there is trials for most clubs coming up in the next few weeks and there will be squads picked ou of that. obviously there are still a few u20 players playing a league but not enough for a full squad. (except derry whos squad was all u20 i think)
    like closing time said, well done to st pats again. this must be their sixth or seventh connaught title in a row. h canning doing wonders back there!!
    www.castlebarceltic.com

What the mind can conceive and believe, it can achieve!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast