Page 38 of 72 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Thread: Shane Duffy D Norwich b.1992

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,916 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gather round View Post
    About the same value as your own, G. And no less sensible. Remember this is a public discussion board, not restricted to your pretensions.

I apologise for hurt my post caused, which didn't know what value to put on your imaginations

For the little that it's worth, a couple of Everton supporters I spoke to (one from a village outside Warrington) think that he's immature and dishonest and would be best served by apologising unreservedly.
    I imagined that you just happened to be passing through Warrington, when news of Duffy's tweet hit the newsstand.
    Last edited by geysir; 20/03/2013 at 10:30 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    170 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geysir View Post

I apologise for hurt my post caused, which didn't know what value to put on your imaginations

I imagined that you just happened to be passing through Warrington, when news of Duffy's tweet hit the newsstand
    None taken. With due respect to Warrington, it's not really on the tourist trail unless you like brewery guided tours.

3. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_oshea View Post
    And dont come back and tell me he meant beautiful on the inside.
    I could only imagine that she's beautiful on the inside also.
    DID YOU NOTICE A SIGN OUTSIDE MY HOUSE...?

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gather round View Post
    For the little that it's worth, a couple of Everton supporters I spoke to (one from a village outside Warrington) think that he's immature and dishonest and would be best served by apologising unreservedly.
    Except you don't know any 'Evertonians'...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    'Everton under-21 boss Alan Stubbs hails stand-out performance from Shane Duffy': http://www.goal.com/en-ie/news/3942/...ails-stand-out

The Toffees youth coach has praised the Republic of Ireland under-21 captain's performance against Fulham and noted Tony Hibbert's influence

Everton under-21 coach Alan Stubbs has praised defender Shane Duffy after his side's 1-1 draw with Fulham under-21s.

The Republic of Ireland under-21 captain scored for the young Toffees side and crashed a shot off the cross-bar during the draw and Stubbs hailed the 21-year-old as one of the "stand-out peformers".

Tony Hibbert made a return to action after a four-month injury layover and Stubbs believes that the right-back's presence helped the youthful defence.

"The game was all about [Tony Hibbert] and getting him 60 minutes. That was the most important thing," Stubbs told evertontv.

"Just by him being there is a big help to the lads playing around him. His presence allowed Tyias [Browning] and Shane [Duffy] to play and know the right places where they should be.

"I thought that was evident in their displays because I thought they were our stand-out performers."

Duffy, who has made three appearances for David Moyes' side this season, is the current captain of Everton's under-21 side.

7. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,341 Posts
    Duffy's scored a few goals for the reserves this season
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    A Póg Mo Goal piece summarising Duffy's career to date: http://pogmogoal.com/the-blog-reel/u...ack-kid/13436/

Turns out he turned down an invite to Darron Gibson's stag party in Marbella to captain our under-21s against Denmark recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Póg Mo Goal
    Still just 21 years of age, Duffy is captain of the Irish U21 team. Last May he skipped club-mate and international exile Darron Gibson’s stag party to lead the side in a friendly against Denmark. Noel King’s squad is preparing for the UEFA Championship qualifiers later this year but if Duffy can force his way into the Everton first team ahead of the new season, with an August friendly with Wales to come and question marks over Richard Dunne future, Giovanni Trapattoni could look again to the comeback kid.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyInvincible View Post
    Turns out he turned down an invite to Darron Gibson's stag party in Marbella to captain our under-21s against Denmark recently.
    That's some very impressive dedication. Especially considering the fella's age and the fact a stag party was on the table.

11. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sullivinho View Post
    That's some very impressive dedication. Especially considering the fella's age and the fact a stag party was on the table.
    Ha, OK, it was the only item of info in the piece of which I'd been previously unaware. And he's proven himself more dedicated than Gibson. But then, as your sarcastic wit implies, that wouldn't be difficult.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Is it time for duffy to leave everton to further his career?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    209 Posts
    Played 90 minutes in Everton's first pre-season game against Austria Vienna, which they lost 2-1. Didn't have the best of games and his handball gave away a penalty, but interesting that Martinez paired him with both Distin and Jagielka. Gibson also played a part in the game and Martinez praised his influence as a senior player.

Next friendly is on Wednesday v Accrington Stanley, who are they?
    End Apartheid Now! One Team in Ireland!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Predator View Post
    Next friendly is on Wednesday v Accrington Stanley, who are they?
    I'm not sure but I believe Ian Rush said you can play for them if you drink lots of milk.

I drank a heap of milk and never got further than winning an U-12 mini world cup at Joey's Sallynoggin, so I can state that Rushy was blatantly lying.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,341 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Yard of Pace View Post
    I'm not sure but I believe Ian Rush said you can play for them if you drink lots of milk.

I drank a heap of milk and never got further than winning an U-12 mini world cup at Joey's Sallynoggin, so I can state that Rushy was blatantly lying.
    no, he said if you don't drink lots of milk, you'll only be good enough to play for them

the kid from the ad was brought back to the stadium when they got promoted to League Two: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/e...re/4788038.stm
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

International Prospect tricky_colour's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    621 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Yard of Pace View Post

I am not sure if milk is actually very good for you, let's face it it is unnatural for adults to drink it for starters.
    Also 75% of people can digest it properly ( the body never developed the ability to digest it beyond childhood for obvious reasons).
    Also milk is bad for the bones (contrary to the advertising) those who drink the most milk have the weakest bones.
    Obviously when farmers have slaughtered all the calves they ain't gonna pour the milk down the drain hence the heavy marketing.
    Fair haired/skinned people tend to be able to digest it, blacks generally can't and don't drink it much.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    473 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tricky_colour View Post
    I am not sure if milk is actually very good for you, let's face it it is unnatural for adults to drink it for starters.
    Also 75% of people can digest it properly ( the body never developed the ability to digest it beyond childhood for obvious reasons).
    Also milk is bad for the bones (contrary to the advertising) those who drink the most milk have the weakest bones.
    Obviously when farmers have slaughtered all the calves they ain't gonna pour the milk down the drain hence the heavy marketing.
    Fair haired/skinned people tend to be able to digest it, blacks generally can't and don't drink it much.
    It's "unnatural" for people to ingest lots of things. Like cooked food for example.

Milk is a great source of loads of nutrients, and if you're not lactose intolerant (and most northern Europeans aren't), it's a good thing to drink. Better than endless soft drinks anyway (I have friends who drink up to ten cans of coke a day. I have no idea how a human can do that!)

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    You're both being silly. It is "natural" for people to ingest anything the human digestive system is capable of processing, ie whatever they can find. Drinking cow's milk might be a bit parasitic but it's certainly not unnatural.

Can or can't? Most people from northern European and other agricultural stock can digest milk - it's quite a common and beneficial mutation.

No, people who have the weakest bones drink the most milk. Because milk is very good for the bones.

They slaughter the calves because all they want is the milk.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    473 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    You're both being silly. It is "natural" for people to ingest anything the human digestive system is capable of processing, ie whatever they can find. Drinking cow's milk might be a bit parasitic but it's certainly not unnatural.
    It depends on your definition of "natural". If you take it to its conclusion, everything humans do is natural, because we're animals, and as such are part of the natural world (and I do realise that's not the way the word is normally used). That's not the point I was trying to make, however. Humans have been drinking animal milk for probably somewhere of the same order of time as we've been cooking our food. If drinking milk is unnatural, cooking our food is as well (and I don't think either is, I know people who are part of the "raw food" movement, and they're a bunch of wild-eyed crusties on a par with the anti-fluoridation and 9/11 Truther crowd)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    516 Posts
    For what its worth, most dairy farmers don't slaughter calves..

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,713 Posts
    Do calves produce milk?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88 View Post