Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rovers cause riots in oriel

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    370 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by disabledrog View Post
    Charge the stand me hole i was sat right beside the away dugout and they broke through the barrier allright but it was to get into shelter and once they got under the stand they started dancing and signing, "racist abuse" your wrong as i only heard one gob****e shout something and he was told to shut up.
    I never mentioned racist abuse in my post. Also I did make the point that the majority of rovers fans were ok last night, so get down off your high horse.

Moderator, close this topic now. Although it has to be mentioned the Galways v Dlk one was allowed run for over a week.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Black and White View Post
    All I can say on the issue is that upon leaving Oriel walking past the train station entrance there was a large group of people in the car park(presumably getting their cars) and next of all 2 squad cars came flying up the road withtheir sirens on and about 5-6 guards each side of the road legging it up to Oriel. I didnt see anything as it was p!ssing rain and there where alot of people about so!All I can say is that there was a select few Rovers fans trying to cause something on the groundsa that when Bradley was red carded, they knocked over the barrior to prevent them getting behind the dugouts and ran towards the tunnel in which the stewarts puuled out the steel tunnel out to prevent them from meeting the Dundalk fans under the stand the far side.

After the game aload of them jumped up onto the walls surrounding the pitch and a few where actually over the wall so!Make what you like of it, I dont care!
    This is utter ******.i was der at ****ing pitchside and witnessed it all,the tunnell was pulled out before it kicked off as it is always pulled out for half time. no one tried to get the linesman they shouted and ran over buts its a bit ott to say they broke it down to get him cause all the had to do was climb the wall as he was straight in front of them.
    As for getting on the wall yes they did after the match but they DID NOT GET OVER IT

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    DannyDundalk and his boys looking for the nearest garden

Another snap taken by Danny of Shamrock Rovers fans and their various modes of transport.

What was the score? Did DUndalk lose this by any chance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    370 Posts
    Danny Dundalk

Not for the first time on here you have been warned by a lot of people about your childish behaviour, if you cannot be bothered to sit down and have a think about your comments, just dont bother posting in future.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mcgonigle View Post
    I think the thread title is a bit OTT and dannydundalk was obviously a bit out of sorts when writing it.

However unfortunately the incidents before and after the game did happen. I was one of the last to leave the ground after being in the shop and when I got out there were about 20 rovers "fans" (and I use the word fans loosely) pinned in the entrance on the old hotel by the Gardai, they were trying to get by the guards to start a fight. Eventually they started moving them down the road and unfortunately for me, my dad and others they were across the road from us all the way to the bridge. We were trying to figure out how they got out but from reading other stuff it seems they were not at the game and they might have been the lads who tried to get into the home section before the game and were refused entry.

On the racism stuff I was on the shed side so didn't hear anything but it was actually a rovers fan on orielweb that mentioned it and said it was not on, so fair play to him.

I'm not trying to stir anything up against rovers as the fans at the game were fine and in good voice, but people are suggesting that this stuff didn't happen and I seen it with my own eyes, so lay off dannydundalk, he may be a bit emotional after what happened to him but most of what he says is true.
    I think that was the main body of Rovers fans that the Gardai held back in Oriel and on the road outside as you describe above. About 200 us and we were not trying to start a fight. Yes we were singing, yes we were chanting 10 men we only had 10 men etc a few of the younger lads were jumping up and down but nobody tried to break through the Garda cordon. The people at the front were even having a bit of craic with the Gardai. I dont know his name but that Garda inspector who was in charge was brilliant to us all night and explained why he had to hold us for so long on he road because they were trying to move the Dundalk bebos away from the area down past the bridge.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts
    Nah in fairness hulahoop this was not the main body of rovers fans. The rovers fans were still in the ground when this happened. I got the text less than five minutes after leaving the ground the rovers fans were kept in for 15. Few lads on our forum were saying it was lads that were refused admission.

International Prospect bennocelt's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    335 Posts
    this thread is gas - please dont stop it mods!
    (funniest thing on foot.ie since Gretna)

stop press - football fans shout and roar, and give it large - wow fancy that

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    505 Posts
    No evidence, no thread.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123