Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: why did the franchise thread get trashed

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

why did the franchise thread get trashed

It seems that most of the threads on here are about club after club going bust in an effort to attain success. Cork open their gates for free and get under 1% of their catchment area turning up. The league champions find it difficult to get above 3000. The media coverage of the league is very good at the moment and still the interest is poor.
    The league needs an overhaul and a franchise may not be the worst way to go. I have been to MLS and A league football and its not that bad. I have no idea where you would start but a glance at the IRFU model is probably not a bad place.
    So we can sit here and discuss the bohs accounts or we can discuss ways forward for the LoI. I realize everyone on here has a strong club allegiance but there must be a way to harness the pride in the Loi. As far as i am aware S. fingal are not a franchise
    we looked from Montrose to Swords, from swords to Montrose and from Montrose to Swords again but already it was impossible to spot UCDs right winger

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    I deleted it because the same poster (under his previous banned username) posted the same thing repeatedly. There are tons and tons fo threads on the ame thing, with the same people saying the same things.
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    thats fair enough, it just gets on my nerves when so many regular posters here accusing others of knowing nothing about football and go on to call sporting fingal a franchise.
    we looked from Montrose to Swords, from swords to Montrose and from Montrose to Swords again but already it was impossible to spot UCDs right winger

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,000 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    I deleted it because the same poster (under his previous banned username) posted the same thing repeatedly. There are tons and tons fo threads on the ame thing, with the same people saying the same things.
    Any chance the last post in that thread from Juanace could be added to this thread? It had some sense to it.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    yea, I agree, the rest of the thread was huff and puff but that post imo is very important, It needs to be at least discussed without descending into a slagging match

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    sorry for going on and on, but heres yer mans post

Wow, incredibly harsh views here. Maybe franchise football isnt a great term for it but the league of ireland needs radical overhaul. Were just plodding along really, in fact going backwards.

I know none of you will like me saying this but i would scrap the whole thing and start again. I dont care if we lose the few hundred hardcore fans of each team - and thats all it is - a few hundred at each club.

Have 8 to 10 new teams, all-ireland, in nice stada (thomond, new NI stadium, rds, etc.. regionalise it...The designated player system of the US, Australia is a good idea to get new interest.

It would need government backing, and massive sponsorship and someone with expertise to sell it - but big thinking is needed.

The League of Ireland appeals to too few people cause its played in crap grounds and what people percieve to be crap players.

The league is going nowhere but down without a massive new rethink.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Sorry, but it's as bad as the first post

What the league needs is money, everything else falls from that

Saying we need new stadiums is easy. Getting them is the hard bit
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    502 Posts
    This is the Support forum, ongoing discussion should happen in the thread, or not at all.

Oh, and sentences begin with a capital letter, and questions end in a question mark. It's primary school stuff.
    Last edited by dahamsta; 10/04/2009 at 3:25 PM.