Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Why we should all support Georgia

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Why we should all support Georgia

Apologies if this is in a thread elsewhere, but just looked through the qualifying tables and noticed that Georgia could end up playing a vital role in the qualifying.

Obviously if we win the group, none of this matters, but if we come second, only 8 of the 9 runners up get into the playoffs. At present, we are the 8th best, one spot from missing out as runners up.

This is because with the uneaven group numbers, results agains the bottom teams don't count. At present, that's Georgia (who we got 6 points from), meaning we have only 4 points. If they overtook Montenegro (who we got 4 from), we would gain 2 more points, moving us up to a healthier 5th place and probably ensuring we get a playoff spot at worse.

It's a bit off yet, but worth keeping in mind.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_FI...d-placed_teams
    The glass isn't half full or half empty it's just too damn big!

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    Thanks, the table is a little misleading in a sense that a number of teams above us have to play the bottom team in their group once more, ie those points wouldnt count. So in a sense we have a game in hand over a few

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Not going to happen unfortunatly. Unless they surprise us by getting a result in Bulgaria or Montenegro. By all accounts they were very unlucky not to come away from Cyprus with a result. On that basis i bet on them at 6/4 at home to Montenegro. We really needed them to win that. There is still a lot of football to be played so that second place chart will change a lot.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by carloz View Post
    Not going to happen unfortunatly. Unless they surprise us by getting a result in Bulgaria or Montenegro. By all accounts they were very unlucky not to come away from Cyprus with a result. On that basis i bet on them at 6/4 at home to Montenegro. We really needed them to win that. There is still a lot of football to be played so that second place chart will change a lot.
    I agree with that. Georgia have played 7 games as opposed to Montenegro and Cyprus's 5 games. It's extremely unlikely that they will finish anywhere but bottom. Their only probable hope is winning the away game against Montenegro. If we finish second and get 6 points in the games away to Cyprus and home to Montenegro I think we'll be safe though.
    My concerns are global. I reject absolutely revenge, aggression, and retaliation. The foundation of such a method, is love. I love you Sheriff Truman.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by shedite View Post

This is because with the uneaven group numbers, results agains the bottom teams don't count. At present, that's Georgia (who we got 6 points from), meaning we have only 4 points. If they overtook Montenegro (who we got 4 from), we would gain 2 more points, moving us up to a healthier 5th place and probably ensuring we get a playoff spot at worse.
    We've only played Montenegro once