Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: New Faces for RTE Panel?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    487 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88 View Post
    New faces for the panel?

I'd keep Souness and Giles. Add Mick McCarthy. Kenny Cunningham. Owen Coyle.

Is Pat Walker telegenic?

I'd have one of those female Italian football presenters as host.
    I'd actually like to keep Dunphy, though the panel is getting old.

I would let Bill and Gils have more time in their slippers. Bring in Colin Murray as anchor, and have a 2 man panel, Souness and Dunphy. I get the feeling Souness would love to tell dunphy what utter ****e he talks, but is outnumbered by Dunphy and Giles. Reduce it to 2 experts, and let the 2 of them go at it.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Agreed. Souness was quite outspoken when he first joined, probably because he didn't know the score with the RTE pundits union. He was confrontational and challenged Dunphy's and Giles' opinions such as with the Wenger transfer money.

But lately, its a case of take your salary and agree with whatever the lads say. A pity really. Although I do think he disagrees with the lads every now and again but he has to agree with them a fair bit first before he is allowed off the leash.

I do agree it's 2 against 1. It's been that way for the last 20 years. There is little balance in most discussions.
    Last edited by Emmet7; 14/10/2009 at 11:33 PM.

Sadly viewing the houses that were once Milltown
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    779 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Emmet7 View Post
    Agreed. Souness was quite outspoken when he first joined, probably because he didn't know the score with the RTE pundits union. He was confrontational and challenged Dunphy's and Giles' opinions such as with the Wenger transfer money.

But lately, its a case of take your salary and agree with whatever the lads say. A pity really. Although I do think he disagrees with the lads every now and again but he has to agree with them a fair bit first before he is allowed off the leash.

I do agree it's 2 against 1. It's been that way for the last 20 years. There is little balance in most discussions.

It's been 3-0 most of the time, particularly during the Charlton era when Laughing Bill was and still is in the anti-Charlton camp. Same for the Mick Mc era (Saipan aside which was trhe best as there were for the first time ever divergent views).

WHo cares what Dunphy says so long as there is someone who will disagree.

Mind you the SKy Panel is also now like a dog with a bone about zonal marking at corners. z-z-z-z-z-z.
    Forget about the performance or entertainment. It's only the result that matters.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678