Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Noel Hunt's Goal

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    saw it again this morning and defo looks like robbie got the final touch. his goal for me.

Sadly viewing the houses that were once Milltown
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    790 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by londonred View Post
    Would say 100% Hunt based on Andy Grays rule of direction of the ball after contact
    I have heard it all now. Who gives a fiddler's flam what that bull headed gombeen thinks. "ANdy Gray's rule of direction". He's an ex-footballer like thousands of others who makes a living attacking referee's on overhyped Sky TV. No more, no less. He makes no rules for anything.

I would say Hunt got the first touch and Robbie the second and hence the reason both claim it.
    Forget about the performance or entertainment. It's only the result that matters.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OwlsFan View Post
    I have heard it all now. Who gives a fiddler's flam what that bull headed gombeen thinks. "ANdy Gray's rule of direction". He's an ex-footballer like thousands of others who makes a living attacking referee's on overhyped Sky TV. No more, no less. He makes no rules for anything.

I would say Hunt got the first touch and Robbie the second and hence the reason both claim it.
    ya thats prob what happened. if robbie says he got a touch then its his goal, end of.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    the ball was actually whipped into the net - it was more than a prod. Keane's shot is more likely to have sent the ball into the net the way it went in. I think its Keane's goal.
    Got back last night so have only seen a brief replay on Italain TV at 6.15 yesterday morning (8.15 flight out of Bari, what a nightmare!) but how you describe it is how it looked in the ground, the manner and angle Hunt came onto the ball wouldn't seem to me to have had the required power or angle to put the ball where it went.

Robbie's goal for me and I do think it's a little undignified scrapping over it much as I can understand Hunt wanting to claim it to a small degree.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by eirebhoy View Post
    I'd rather our first choice striker got the confidence tbh and that goal will lift a huge weight off Keane's shoulders with people commenting on his goal drought against the top teams.

and btw, unlike every other county in Ireland, most Dublin people don't tend to care whether our players are from Dublin, Cork or Donegal.
    Take Antrim out of the equation i couldn't give a monkey's what county they are from as long as they put the green shirt on their back and wear it with pride abnd play with passion. North Men south men commrades all etc etc....

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    In fairness to Hunt, I think his claim is as much tongue in cheek as anything. He probably believes he has a claim on the goal but to be critising the lads over a random light hearted statement he made on beat fm is a bit harsh.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumcondra 69er View Post
    Got back last night so have only seen a brief replay on Italain TV at 6.15 yesterday morning (8.15 flight out of Bari, what a nightmare!) but how you describe it is how it looked in the ground, the manner and angle Hunt came onto the ball wouldn't seem to me to have had the required power or angle to put the ball where it went.
    that's what I thought - when you look at it side-on in real-time it is rightly rifled in; if Hunt got a touch then it was a toe-poke and wouldn't have had the power.
    I could be wrong though.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    would have hoped it was Hunts goal myself being from waterford

but RTE news at one have just shown a replay and it proves beyond doubt that Hunts touch was minimal and that Keane indeed did score it.

Case closed.

ps dont think Hunt has done himself any favours but i suppose it was worth a try if he thought otherwise
    I have a head only Snow White would love

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It's Robbies goal

I have just seen it again on Tv ( i also had thought at first that is was Hunt's goal ) and it's Definitely Robbies goal and the Fai have also confirmed that.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    192 Posts
    No doubt at all based on the RTE pictures - clearly Robbie's goal and well deserved for his performance.

It may not have come through as much on TV but sitting in the stand in Bari I thought Robbie played a hugely important role throughout the game when he was moved behind the front two. The goal was fully deserved and thankfully puts an end to the "he never scores against good teams" lie.
    "There's man all over for you, blaming on his boots the fault of his feet" - Samuel Beckett, Waiting for Godot

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

The Star

Duggie, Razors Left Peg and Rogermilla are all quoted in the Star (Pg 8 I think, only saw it in the barbers) regarding this debate over who scored

I don't think Robbie would have celebrated the way he did if it wasn't his, but it could be any one of Hunt, Keano and the Italian back. All 3 have claims.
    San Marino are going to be a handful as the group goes on." - Steve Staunton reacts to performance against San Marino.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by osarusan View Post
    Whatever happens, I hope it is resolved quickly, amicably, and preferably quietly.
    That statement is vaguely reminiscent of how those Upper Class scandals were handled in 18th Century England!!

Quite a to-do, eh Lord Osarusan!!!
    Quoting years at random since 1975

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    192 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zenokelly View Post
    but it could be any one of Hunt, Keano and the Italian back. All 3 have claims.
    Not any more - based on the latest footage there is only one claim. Fair play to Robbie!
    "There's man all over for you, blaming on his boots the fault of his feet" - Samuel Beckett, Waiting for Godot

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by EastTerracer View Post
    Not any more - based on the latest footage there is only one claim. Fair play to Robbie!
    I think we should have a Poll here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Scram View Post
    I don't know any, do you?
    Did you ever notice that in every painting of Adam & Eve, they have belly buttons. Think about that...take as long as you want.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zenokelly View Post
    Duggie, Razors Left Peg and Rogermilla are all quoted in the Star (Pg 8 I think, only saw it in the barbers) regarding this debate over who scored

I don't think Robbie would have celebrated the way he did if it wasn't his, but it could be any one of Hunt, Keano and the Italian back. All 3 have claims.
    ha yah seen that...i got the most ink !!! from now on im top dog round here get in robbie

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    It was shown in slow motion on the 13.00 news and it is definetly Robbies goal no question.

Hunt tipped it but robbie blasted it in to the back of the net. It may be on the 6 news this evening on RTE.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ramblers View Post
    It was shown in slow motion on the 13.00 news and it is definetly Robbies goal no question.

Hunt tipped it but robbie blasted it in to the back of the net. It may be on the 6 news this evening on RTE.
    good must watch out for it but i knew it robbies goal all along from his reaction after. robbie is a true irish legend.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ramblers View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie View Post
    good must watch out for it but i knew it robbies goal all along from his reaction after. robbie is a true irish legend.
    Beyond a shadow of a doubt, Gol a Di Rrrobbieee Keane a! Doesn't even look like Hunt got a touch.

Here
    Did you ever notice that in every painting of Adam & Eve, they have belly buttons. Think about that...take as long as you want.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Scram View Post
    You really think he's the most reliable man to ask!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast