Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ireland v Italy: Player Head to Head

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciaran View Post
    Pirlo played a defence splitting ball to Grosso for him to score against Brazil in their friendly and he was the one responsible for playing in Grosso for the goal last night and he scored the opener against Cyprus on Saturday. Maybe if he did more stepovers or something he'd win more favour with you?
    i hate when people do that especially when its clear the opinion had some back up. i dont necessarily agree or anything but i see what edmundo means.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Ciaran Quagiarella is not even close to a top right-winger. He's a striker and looks awkward on the wing. Di Natale plays wider at Udinese. Way to read the star!
    "No regrets, none at all. My only regret is that we went out on penalties. That's my only regret. But no, no regrets." -Mick McCarthy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by danonion View Post
    Ciaran Quagiarella is not even close to a top right-winger. He's a striker and looks awkward on the wing. Di Natale plays wider at Udinese. Way to read the star!
    He's not a top striker either

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciaran View Post
    Quags a wing forward, a good one at that.
    'quags'

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Manc Irish Wolf View Post
    Ciaran, could you do us all a favour and pull your head out of which ever Italian players hole you are hanging out of.

For all their individual talents, the Italians have performed about as badly as we have in their qualifiers and by all accounts have been equally as fortuitous. For all your superlatives, they are an ageing team who are relatively depleted at present. That said, I am not saying that we are in any great shapes ourselves, however with a bit of self-belief and fighting spirit it is astounding what you can acheive.

I appreciate that you are probably revelling in the anticipation of a post-match "I told you so" fest, which you appear to revel in, but I quite frankly couldn't give a monkeys.

Have a bit of national pride.

Come on Ireland.
    I was thinking about how to post my opinion of this thread, but thank you Irish Wolf, you did it for me!
    "Do you know what the plural for Pussy is? ... it's Pussai! ... Jimmy tought me that"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12