Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: All this negativity

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,376 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ifk101 View Post
    Cyprus could do us a favour today - positive thinking and all that.

Bulgaria's draw against us doesn't do them any favours unless they beat Cyprus and beat us when we play them again in June.
    I'm hoping Georgia do us a favor and beat Montenegro, putting them bottom of the table, and giving us a 6 point boost in the best second placed table
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gather round View Post
    Thanks Naitch. If it's any consolation, I'll be supporting Southern Ireland tonight.
    I just knew a Northern fan would comment on that. Its like all you guys just come on this board looking for things to comment about the North of Ireland

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    170 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Naitch View Post
    I just knew a Northern fan would comment on that. Its like all you guys just come on this board looking for things to comment about the North of Ireland
    Heh. No, to be fair to everyone else it's just me. But you do realise that posting random wind-ups tends to get a response in kind? Of course you do

Anyway, enjoy the game tonight.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Im sorry but i can assure you it wasn't intended to be a wind up.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    We only can hope that those selected to play, play with pride and passion for the shirt they have on their back if they do that then we will have a chance. Come on you boys in green.

P.S. RTE aerial took a bashing with the weekend winds have to pay around £50 minimum to get it sorted and i only really need it for this one game as i have sky and setanta. So all i ask from the team is effort to be 100%. If the performance lacks effort and passion then i will be fuming!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,695 Posts
    woke up this morning with a feeling we could do them tonight... i am kind of shocked at myself.
    I like high energy football. A little bit rock and roll. Many finishes instead of waiting for the perfect one.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    woke up this morning with a feeling we could do them tonight... i am kind of shocked at myself.
    Are you sure you're awake ?

Here's hoping.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts
    [quote=Stuttgart88;1134491]On the plus side, we have a great keeper, a good central defence and two Champions League quality forwards. If the others play to their best then who knows?
    quote]

HAHAHAHA!! YOU GOT US!!!!! APRIL FOOLS!!!

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,747 Posts
    fcuk off you miserable prat.

Do you not think that Keane & Doyle are CL standard. Tell me why they're not.

I'm not saying they'd win the fcuking thing but you obviously feel they'd look out of place at that level. Tell me why.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    put doyle in that italian team and he'd be awesome.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88 View Post
    fcuk off you miserable prat.

Do you not think that Keane & Doyle are CL standard. Tell me why they're not.

I'm not saying they'd win the fcuking thing but you obviously feel they'd look out of place at that level. Tell me why.
    Because one is a perennial nearly man who has found his level and comfort zone at Spurs and the other is playing in the Championship and has had no solid bids for him from a Premiership club, let alone a Champions League club since he was relegated.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,747 Posts
    Do you think that either player couldn't impress at CL group level or further if given the opportunity?
    Last edited by Stuttgart88; 01/04/2009 at 10:40 PM.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by weldoninhio View Post
    Because one is a perennial nearly man who has found his level and comfort zone at Spurs and the other is playing in the Championship and has had no solid bids for him from a Premiership club, let alone a Champions League club since he was relegated.
    Honestly weldoninhio you are not an Irish fan so why are you on this forum spouting your bull****e. Comfort zone at spurs did you see him play along side Berbatov last season you *****, Robbie Keane is excellent and time and time again he rescues us, so **** off.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by antrimgreen View Post
    Honestly weldoninhio you are not an Irish fan so why are you on this forum spouting your bull****e. Comfort zone at spurs did you see him play along side Berbatov last season you *****, Robbie Keane is excellent and time and time again he rescues us, so **** off.
    Why bother replying to him?!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Of course Robbie Keane is CL standard! I do think weldoninhio is talking horse ***** although I'm not 100% sure about Doyle being CL standard, he could easily play for a mid-table premier league club - maybe on a squad some day for a top club - especially after his promising first PL season. But if he was playing in the knockout stages of the CL I feel he would be ever so slightly out of his depth IMO.
    "Do you know what the plural for Pussy is? ... it's Pussai! ... Jimmy tought me that"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by antrimgreen View Post

Yeah, they finished 11th, 10 points from relegation. And just because he rescues us time and time again does not prove he is Champions League quality.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by weldoninhio View Post
    Yeah, they finished 11th, 10 points from relegation. And just because he rescues us time and time again does not prove he is Champions League quality.
    What do you class as a player with 'Champions League quality'?

Perhaps you define it as a player who has played in the Champions League. Therefore is Colin Kazim-Richards a player with Champions League quality?

Or maybe it's a player who has won the Champions League. If this is the case then David May is a player who had the requisite 'Champions League quality' to fulfil your requirements.

Or maybe it is a player who has constantly shone and looked a class above others on the pitch time and time again in Champions League games. These players may be counted on the fingers of one hand. As such it would be ridiculous to label these as the only player's with 'Champions League quality', as they are clearly far better than their fellow footballers and may be tagged as anomolies to the general rule that a player with 'Champions League quality' is one who has the ability to perform at the highest level on a reasonably consistant basis. An ability that Robbie Keane certainly has.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,747 Posts
    What were Robbie's CL stats this year?

I know he scored at least once (Atletico) and put in one MOTM performance against PSV. Didn't watch many other Liverpool games though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88 View Post
    What were Robbie's CL stats this year?

I know he scored at least once (Atletico) and put in one MOTM performance against PSV. Didn't watch many other Liverpool games though.
    He scored his first Liverpool goal against PSV in October and as you said, also scored against Athletico.
    Coleman for Ireland

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,747 Posts
    So, 2 goals and a MOTM performance. Doesn't sound like he's up to playing in the CL to me.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast