Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Newsflash! Shels players cheques bounce

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Newsflash! Shels players cheques bounce.......!

On the Shels website today there is a post that informs all that several players could not cash their wages this week as their cheques bounced. This is straight from the horse's mouth. Check it out.

There is real concern within the Club. There is talk of them relocating etc. They really sound like they are in disarray ( Kilcoyne ..... and now Ollie Byrne ...... our heroes )

If you were a player with no strong ties to your Club, which is pretty much every Dublin player , would you stick around in that type of climate or would you try to come to a Club like City..........Dolan new what he was doing, didn't he?

He saw the writing on the wall. All these Dublin teams cannot compete amongst one another with such a fickle crowd of people. Anyway half the city seem to follow us ..... as is eveident each time we play in Dublin.

NOTE TO ALL GOOD PLAYERS IN DUBLIN: Look south gentlemen, you have one last chance to get on the train and join the future dominant Club in Ireland. Offer closes February 2004
    Irish by birth,
    Cork by the grace of God.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Very good news. The revolution has begun, my people.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Great news,indeed.

I wonder if poor Ollie Cahill's cheque is after bouncing Maybe a big pay cut and he could come back to City.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

Exclamation ...........................................

Long term ... this is very bad for us, and every other club in the league. We just landed a new sponsor which is great but would they have had much faith in the league, knowing that the league champions were having these problems. They might of looked at it differently.

Any benifit for us in this is purely short term and very bad for the bigger picture.
    Last edited by A face; 14/12/2003 at 2:57 PM.
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Good article in the Times today about the madness of some EL clubs.
    According to it, Oily Byrne has spent 1.5 million to win a cash prize of 15,000 grand from the FAI plus 100,000 from UEFA. The highest paid player is on 80,000 a year.
    He now wants to sell Tolka, which has got 800,000 of public money pumped into it over the past 4 years, so he can move to Finglas. This will get them an "affiliation with the people" accoeding to Oily.,
    Most of the article doesn't read well for the EL in general though.

Looks like City are the only club with an attendance of any sort.
    Worryingly the journo argues that Ireland cannot support a two division league and that clubs like Limerick should be left die.
    I'd have to agree with a Face here. For City to prosper, we need a strong division, which is more attractive to potential sponsers.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I wouldn't worry too much at the moment.Enjoy the fact that the 'big boys' shels are having a few problems sorting out their bank balance,boo hoo.

The whole league isn't gonna go bust over night.

City are the Chelski of the Eircom league so no bother we can join the Roman revolution and join clubs,Chelski City

B Lennox and the russian feen would be great business partners.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    I don't see how anyone can consider this good news, there's loads of clubs in trouble and now we find out our champions can't pay players.

it's all we'll and good to boast and gloat about city's riches, they're not much use if we've got no-one left to play though

thecorner
    looks like the first stage of gaining the indepence of cork has started

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Is the players I feel for? Most if all of them are professional and if their pay cheques bounce it can't be good.
    Is not good for the league at all. More negative publicity for the anti eLs to jump on.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Chill lads.We're stinkin rich

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Brilliant, you've taken a post on a messageboard from some random punter and said "This is straight from the horse's mouth".

Class

Yeah, we're in such financial ruin we've gone and signed Glen Fitzpatrick and said he wont be the last one in either.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Shels are broke Na Na na na na.. Saw it on sky sports news last night.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Newsflash

Sure they could always organise another 4 team tourney . Oops
    I forgot there aren't any accompanying league fixtures to mess around with.
    Maybe City could organise a benefit match V Shels for next Sunday and in the interest of fairness move it to yesterday at the last minute. Alternatively Shels could play against Leeds, Leicester and Barnsley in the Receiver's Cup I suppose.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts
    Am I allowed to post in this thread, it seems to be a $h€l$-Cork affair?

It's about damn time! "Go on home Ollie Byrne...to the place you belong.....!"

Now let's all hate Cork!
    Have you ever won the treble?

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    dublin players can look west as well you know, playing in europe next season, owning our own ground, no finanical worries etc, cork aren't the only option you know and play for us and you can still live in dublin, sounds like a better option to me, oh yeah and you don't have to listen to dolan s**ting on and on and on, replacing the words st pats with cork city in every long boring speech.
    Ignore Max Power, he is no more, the future is Ron Burgundy. I'd love to be Ron Burgundy but they won't let me........

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Shels posted a press release on their web site this afternoon. Didn't really state what was discussed last night or outline any details of the clubs finances. However, it sounds as if they need to raise some cash in a hurry to pay for the player's wages.

I don't get how Shels can go off and sign G. Fitzpatrick if they're broke, so what's going on there?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Only a Moron would think that Shels/Bohs going out of business is good for the league. The fatc that these have been the only clubs in the last 5 years making strides to full time professionalism, doesnt bode well for the league does it?

Not too mention the fact that I, and im sure most of you, would like to win a hard fought league, full of last day drama, than win a league 2 months before the season is over by 25 points(a la SPL), without there ever being any real challenge. That would be just plain boring.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

Exclamation ...........................................

Originally posted by Gary
    (a la SPL)

Heaven forbid !!
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Originally posted by Gary
    Only a Moron would think that Shels/Bohs going out of business is good for the league. The fatc that these have been the only clubs in the last 5 years making strides to full time professionalism, doesnt bode well for the league does it?

Not too mention the fact that I, and im sure most of you, would like to win a hard fought league, full of last day drama, than win a league 2 months before the season is over by 25 points(a la SPL), without there ever being any real challenge. That would be just plain boring.
    spot on. amusing as it is, the league needs fully pro teams to be in with a chance of competeing in europe. bad publicity is all we need

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Shels need €300,000 just to get through the close season. They were discussing it on The Right Hook on newstalk last night as well, some nob who is/used to be involved in Shamrocks. Unbelievably one of the directors of Shels is Business Editor with one of the papers (think indo but not 100%)....
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast