Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: St. Pats this friday.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

St. Pats this friday.

Can see Bray winning this. Pats two bad broken legs at the weekend and if Bray get a bit of pace on Jason Gavin then they can punish pats big time!
    Harry and Liam, Harry and Liam, Harry and Liam, Harry and Liam.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Dont think so kr! we have our injuries aswell! can see cawley scoring on his return and celebrating like a madman!!!
    roddy collins should be a comedian!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Weatherman View Post
    Dont think so kr! we have our injuries aswell! can see cawley scoring on his return and celebrating like a madman!!!
    On the website says that Paddy, Pender and Robson are the only 3 absentees. Brennan could drop to right back with Mulcahy pushing into midfield and Doyle coming into midfield. Deans to slot into the defence alongside Foran/Webster. I agree with Kr we can get something from this game.
    I'd love to invent a time machine then go back in time and win the lottery, buy new players and a stadium. Time machines are brilliant aren't they- Ian Holloway

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Wink

An excellent performance last week in Cork in difficult circumstances fills me with confidence for Friday........heres hoping our first win of the season is upon us.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Going to be very tough tonight but hopefully Roddy's comments will have spured the young lads on tonight and push on for 3 points. It's a big ask but we have been playing quite well so far this season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    what a match, what a win.. man of match brennan had a fantastic game, also the younger lads shields, webster and jake were also fantastic. Byrne had the best game so far this season, flood was strong and ran for everthing. Mccabe is getting better with every match. Deansy and foran had a great game they read every ball and looked very good together, massey has also improved and looked very confident tonight.
    To come back after pats equalised and score that winner, we controlled the first half, pats where not allowed to play but they did come out stronger in the second half, cawley had a terrible game,not that his passing was bad but he just was not there tonight, he was not controlling centre mid like he did last year for us.

well done to all the team and staff ,, again what a game ,, best performance for a long time..

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by naoise kennedy View Post
    what a match, what a win.. man of match brennan had a fantastic game, also the younger lads shields, webster and jake were also fantastic. Byrne had the best game so far this season, flood was strong and ran for everthing. Mccabe is getting better with every match. Deansy and foran had a great game they read every ball and looked very good together, massey has also improved and looked very confident tonight.
    To come back after pats equalised and score that winner, we controlled the first half, pats where not allowed to play but they did come out stronger in the second half, cawley had a terrible game,not that his passing was bad but he just was not there tonight, he was not controlling centre mid like he did last year for us.

well done to all the team and staff ,, again what a game ,, best performance for a long time..
    I couldn't agrue with that really ! Brennan was immense, he had Cawley in his back pocket last night ! Young Shields was brilliant as well. In fairness the whole team played very well. And all of that without Kavanagh, Pender, Mulcahy and Tresson !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    I was so disgusted at tonights game. Couldn't see why quigleys goal was disallowed and then a penalty for an obvious dive. Also I think Pat deans was your number 5? He ran 40 yards tomstick his fingers up at Pats fans when you scored the first! What was that about?

On the positive side for Bray your front two looked excellent
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    I was so disgusted at tonights game. Couldn't see why quigleys goal was disallowed and then a penalty for an obvious dive. Also I think Pat deans was your number 5? He ran 40 yards tomstick his fingers up at Pats fans when you scored the first! What was that about?

In my opinion the disallowed goal was because Quigley was offside as the original free kick came in, think it was flicked on, then looked as if he was back on side. Pats turned off and Bray capitalised. As for diving, i'd have to see it again. And yeah Chris Deans did run and celebrate infront of the Pats fans, surprised he didnt get booked for it, ref was staring at him....

Bray played very well, on top in the first half, then second half was pritty much even. And to win in the last minute (second) like that just makes it even better. I think we deserved the full 3 points too, a lot of hard work and passion in that performance. Lets hope it continues... Oh and Eddie has them playing some excellent football, they try pass it about alot, big change from Pat Devlins long ball game plan!!!!

And John Flood and Paul Byrne were up front, and both played amazingly!!!! Just like the majority of the team!!!!! Stephen Brennan defo man of the match though, controlled midfield.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    You just can't buy drama like that. Great to see the lads win we matched a pats side who looked very impressive last week in beating Dundalk, and with a few injuries and suspensions. I think the inexperience has benefitted us this year so far as the young lads only know one way-forward. Great win and happy to see us pick points up on our rivals. Need a result in sligo to consolidate now.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Goal was disallowed for off side, the ref has to trust his linesman for that. I couldnt tell you if he was because i wasnt any were near being in line with it. But Pats were shocking at getting themselves back in shape and only have themselves to blame for being caught out like that. Personally i thought it was a stone wall peno, Kelly knocked the all by Rogers who had come thundering off his line and took him down.

Now i would have no problems with the Bray players celebrating in front of the Pats fans, after all it is our home ground but i would have a problem with Deansey doing that but the St. Pats fans reactions were disgusting altogether ! the amount of objects thrown onto the pitch was bang out of order. I can understand why he did it though, to rub it in St. Pats fans face after the amount of abuse he and a few of the other Bray players took during the match. Some of the nings i haeard said about young Chris Shields were just mental, like i'm surpriised Pats fans knew him but to start saying they know were he lives and he's a dead man was a little over the top.

Players do silly things in the heat of the moment. EVERY club in the League has players that do stupid things like that week in week out

Even though Pats put us under pressure in the last 5 minutes i thought over all we were slighty thge better side and deserved thye win. Byrne and Flood looked really good together last night up front, partically Floody. He had a smashing game. But the 2 stand out players for me were Brennan and Foran, both had super games.
    Last edited by BrayUnknowns; 04/04/2009 at 12:52 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    First off, I'm absolutely delighted with the win. I thought we played very well and we're worth the win, although a draw wouldn't have been unfair.

The first half was a load of dross really. We started the second half a lot better than Pats. Both sides played some very good football, especially ourselves when we were 1-0 up. That said, we were resorting to long ball at times. The ball was frequently launched at Paul Byrne to knock it down. The peno came from a long ball too.

Skippy was unlucky for the goal. His punch landed right on Stuey Byrne's head and all he did was nod it to goal. Pats defending was terrible for our goal. It was a good cross in but Byrne had nobody challenging him and Rogers stood still.

Foran was my MOTM. He was outstanding, always there to clean up and cut out the ball. Deans, Massey and Skippy all did really well too. Brennan had a great game in midfield, along with Shields and Kelly. Byrne and Flood had their best games of the season. I'm surprised how sharp Flood looks.

Cawley's performance was one to be expected really. Tricky game, he wasn't going to get stuck in. It's performances like that that make me glad he's gone. Also, his delivery for Pats was average all night.
    Extratime.ie

Yo te quiero, mi querida. Sin tus besos, yo soy nada.

Abri o portão de ouro, da maquina do tempo.

Mi mamá me hizo guapo, listo y antimadridista.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BrayUnknowns View Post

Now i would have no problems with the Bray players celebrating in front of the Pats fans, after all it is our home ground but i would have a problem with Deansey doing that but the St. Pats fans reactions were disgusting altogether ! the amount of objects thrown onto the pitch was bang out of order
    Yep, disgraceful actions by a few Pats fans. No question about that at all
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts
    Yes it was a shame that, looked like a 12 year old as well. When I was walking out I heard a couple of older Pats fans lambasting them for giving Pats fans a bad name.
    "I'm just a chilled out entertainer"

Blog

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Yep, disgraceful actions by a few Pats fans. No question about that at all

Talking to a few of the older real pats fans after the match and they said that there was a SMALL group of bad or troublesome fans coming into the real fan base, like all clubs i suppose, deansy does get a bit hot headed but then again look at Quigley he always mouths off at other players and fans and this also provokes fans.. all in all it also comes down to the atmosphere at these big matches and getting a win over these bigger clubs..

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Smile Great Game.

This was a brilliant game with all the young players including those who came off the bench doing really well,and Stephen Brennan is a class act,superb, and the way he encourages the young lads is fantastic in fact all the older or more experienced players do their bit in helping the young guys. Eddie has them playing great football.Pity about what happened after our first goal, but these things happen on the spur of the moment.Lets look at all the positives from Friday night and not the negatives. This was our second superb performance in a week because our performance in Cork last Friday was outstanding lets hope we can keep it up. Well done Eddie and all the backroom staff,keep it up.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Just back from Aintree over weekend and got the result at 10.40 on Friday from my uncle, he said it was a fabulous atmosphere and a great buzz to get the winner the way they did! Congrats Bray!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KR's Post View Post
    Just back from Aintree over weekend and got the result at 10.40 on Friday from my uncle, he said it was a fabulous atmosphere and a great buzz to get the winner the way they did! Congrats Bray!
    Plus a 500/1 shot placed for you ! can't go wrong with that

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Roo69 View Post
    Plus a 500/1 shot placed for you ! can't go wrong with that
    Cerium the legend horse!!!!!!!!!!!! 5th place. 4 of us just stuck a few quid each way on him when we got there. He was backed into a 100-1!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    I know Jake Kelly scored the penalty, but why did McCabe not hit it?? Yes i know he missed against Galway but he did score one to! Anybody?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast