Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Duff injured?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    Cant believe some people think this is a good time to call Andy Reid back up, it'd completely change the atmosphere of the camp in the middle of a massive double header.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DmanDmythDledge View Post
    Just heard Tony O'Donoghue on RTÉ Radio 1. Can't remember exact phrase but said something like shocking scenes at Irish training. Sounds like it's not injury related. Sounds like a bust up to me.
    Where did you get that from? Here's the report from Six One News:

http://www.rte.ie/news/2009/0326/6ne...15443,null,230

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Would it not be a good opportunity to call up Fahey if Andy Reid is out of the question

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Lads, this could be the difference we have been looking for ( others who could make a difference is andy reid & stevie Ireland but not gonna happen) in this qualification bid. Stephen Hunt is the type who will be in the bulgarians and the italians faces for however many minutes he stays on the pitch. the only thing id be worried about is his temperament, if im not mistaken he was sent off last year against the Czechs, admittedly harshly, but he does get kind of excited when he plays for ireland.
    However the chap just offers something different and is a livewire. as much as people wanna say about Duff being this and that, im not knocking the chap but he has hardly set the world alight in the last few years. To be honest, im quite happy with McGeady and Hunt playing on Saturday
    Interviewer: “Bang, there goes your unbeaten run. Can you take it?”

Gordon Strachan: “No, I’m just going to crumble like a wreck. I’ll go home, become an alcoholic and maybe jump off a bridge.”

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by carloz View Post
    Would it not be a good opportunity to call up Fahey if Andy Reid is out of the question

???????

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ainsie View Post
    ???????
    Why are you confused. It looks like Andy reid wont get called up under Trap so why not call up Keith Fahey

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    165 Posts
    I'd say if Trap was to call up a replacement, it's be Wes Hoolahan. Already played for Trap last May, and in the 'B' friendlies, and playing at the same level as Fahey. Won't happen though.

International Prospect tricky_colour's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    621 Posts
    Hunt is third in the Championship index, a place behind Doyle, Duff is not in the Premiership top 100. Also Reading supporters player of the year last season. Bulgaria might have prefered Duff was playing!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Because we already have a bunch of players in the squad that dont deserve to be there but at least they have experience sitting on the bench.. do you honestly think Trap would call up someone that has had no training with the team and has not had the experience working with the rest of the squad 2 days before such a big game. He'll stick with 23 players and make do unless maybe mc geady pulls out and then he'll go for a player he has had some experience with.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    380 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Supreme feet View Post
    I'd say if Trap was to call up a replacement, it's be Wes Hoolahan. Already played for Trap last May, and in the 'B' friendlies, and playing at the same level as Fahey. Won't happen though.
    Hoolahan is injured.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    588 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ainsie View Post
    Because we already have a bunch of players in the squad that dont deserve to be there but at least they have experience sitting on the bench.. do you honestly think Trap would call up someone that has had no training with the team and has not had the experience working with the rest of the squad 2 days before such a big game. He'll stick with 23 players and make do unless maybe mc geady pulls out and then he'll go for a player he has had some experience with.
    Please.......don't even mention the possibility that MacGeady might pull out - we could be up the proverbial without a paddle in that case.
    How depressing................

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Suddenly our midfield looks extremely weak.

Hunt was dropped by Coppell in Reading's last 2 games which doesn't augur well for his form, I'm a big fan of how Andrews has played this season but he was also dropped by big Sam for his last 2, though he was sprung from the bench at half time in the last game and scored, Whelan is not going to command possession in the centre of the park and as has been the case can be a wayward passer,while I think some people on here have been blinded by the mere 45 mins of brilliance from McGeady against Georgia. Reality is McGeady had been one of the most consistent Irish under performers in recent times. Even his 1st 45 against Georgia was abismal.

I think we still should beat Bulgaria but I'm not nearly a confident without Duff.
    The goal he created against the Cypriots says it all about him and you must remember he was man marked by 2 players against Georgia.

Robbie has also suddenly become a much more important player as all the creativity will come through him.

Andrews to put in a MOTM performance and our men to win 1-0.

By the way Andy Reid should be called in and Trap should eat his humble pie if we want to have a chance of topping Italy but it won't happen, simple as...
    Last edited by zenokelly; 26/03/2009 at 8:32 PM. Reason: Reid
    San Marino are going to be a handful as the group goes on." - Steve Staunton reacts to performance against San Marino.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    588 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zenokelly View Post

Hunt was dropped by Coppell in Reading's last 2 games which doesn't augur well for his form, I'm a big fan of how Andrews has played this season but he was also dropped by big Sam for his last 2, though he was sprung from the bench at half time in the last game and scored, Whelan is not going to command possession in the centre of the park and as has been the case can be a wayward passer,while I think some people on here have been blinded by the mere 45 mins of brilliance from McGeady against Georgia. Reality is McGeady had been one of the most consistent Irish performers in recent times. Even his 1st 45 against Georgia was abismal.
    Were you not going for 'most inconsistent' there Zeno or did you mean consistently poor .
    His first half against Georgia was hardly abysmal. In any case, despite my belief that he is our most naturally talented player, in terms of form he has certainly been on an upward swing for us of late.
    I would even go as far as to say that he will become our most important player.
    Last edited by The Fly; 26/03/2009 at 8:34 PM.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hunt was dropped by Coppell in Reading's last 2 games which doesn't augur well for his form, I'm a big fan of how Andrews has played this season but he was also dropped by big Sam for his last 2, though he was sprung from the bench at half time in the last game and scored, Whelan is not going to command possession in the centre of the park and as has been the case can be a wayward passer,while I think some people on here have been blinded by the mere 45 mins of brilliance from McGeady against Georgia. Reality is McGeady had been one of the most consistent Irish performers in recent times. Even his 1st 45 against Georgia was abismal.

I think we still should beat Bulgaria but I'm not nearly a confident without Duff.
    The goal he created against the Cypriots says it all about him and you must remember he was man marked by 2 players against Georgia.

Robbie has also suddenly become a much more important player as all the creativity will come through him.

Andrews to put in a MOTM performance and our men to win 1-0.

By the way Andy Reid should be called in and Trap should eat his humble pie if we want to have a chance of topping Italy but it won't happen, simple as...
    Nothing sudden about our mid feilds weakness. It looked good there for a few weeks when Stephen Reid was about but since then.... well say no more.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I never even cotemplated that Whelan would be starter actually, i rate him as astonishingly poor, in fact i would consider andrews and gibson the best of a bad bunch considering our best midfielders imo are not even in the squad for one reason or another ( ireland, reid x 2 , garvan should have been given a chance too) . the most annoying thing about whelan, is that he never f**king shoots for ireland!! apart from the lucky goal against georgia away, he dont remember him having a shot, and should have done plenty of times in his last few games. strangely, he shoots no problem for stoke
    Interviewer: “Bang, there goes your unbeaten run. Can you take it?”

Gordon Strachan: “No, I’m just going to crumble like a wreck. I’ll go home, become an alcoholic and maybe jump off a bridge.”

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    588 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketballs7 View Post
    I never even cotemplated that Whelan would be starter actually, i rate him as astonishingly poor, in fact i would consider andrews and gibson the best of a bad bunch considering our best midfielders imo are not even in the squad for one reason or another ( ireland, reid x 2 , garvan should have been given a chance too) . the most annoying thing about whelan, is that he never f**king shoots for ireland!! apart from the lucky goal against georgia away, he dont remember him having a shot, and should have done plenty of times in his last few games. strangely, he shoots no problem for stoke
    Gibson might compensate for that!

Lost in Giovanni Trappatoni's Tactics Board
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    132 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by carloz View Post
    please god tell us all that you are taking the p*ss!!!!
    Last edited by back of the net; 26/03/2009 at 8:54 PM.

International Prospect DmanDmythDledge's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bohsRap View Post
    Where did you get that from? Here's the report from Six One News:

http://www.rte.ie/news/2009/0326/6ne...15443,null,230
    Duff injury had not been reported at the time when Tony O'D was on the radio, at around 5.30pm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by back of the net View Post
    please god tell us all that you are taking p*ss!!!!
    what

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fly View Post
    Were you not going for 'most inconsistent' there Zeno or did you mean consistently poor .
    His first half against Georgia was hardly abysmal. In any case, despite my belief that he is our most naturally talented player, in terms of form he has certainly been on an upward swing for us of late.
    I would even go as far as to say that he will become our most important player.
    Sorry it was meant to be 'under performing'.

It shows how such a short term memory some people have. I think back to the 2 games in the East against the Czechs nd Slovaks, I'm not going to go over the top, but his performances were pathetic. I can't say he has put in a complete performance in green or anywhere near it. Ye he put in a great 45 minute shift against the weakest team in the group at home last time out, but that mightn't be good enough against Bulgaria or Italy.
    By the way I agree he has been improving which is positive but I wouldn't go far to say that he is aa key player for us.
    San Marino are going to be a handful as the group goes on." - Steve Staunton reacts to performance against San Marino.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast