Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wexford Youths Game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Wexford Youths Game

I dont want to start saying this is a must win game this early in the season but i do think it is an important one to win.

We havnt had the best of starts so a win would get the club heading back in the right direction.

Does anybody know why Zayed wasnt playing against UCD.

How do some of the Wexford fans feel their side is playing at the moment.(performance wise)

International Prospect passinginterest's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    423 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lamper.sffc View Post
    I dont want to start saying this is a must win game this early in the season but i do think it is an important one to win.

We havnt had the best of starts so a win would get the club heading back in the right direction.

How do some of the Wexford fans feel their side is playing at the moment.(performance wise)
    Against Shels Youths looked solid for the most part, without offering much in the way of attacking threat, the two goals conceded were sloppy enough, probably as a result of having a new keeper and 3 new players in the back 4. The Waterford performance has been widely described as a big dissappointment, with a very sloppy goal given away early on, conditions on the night were horrendous though so it was never going to be a night of good football.

Aagainst Fingal I think the squad should be stronger, a few that were injured for the Shels game played against Waterford and will be better for that and a couple suspended for the Waterford game will return.

I have a feeling it'll be a good game, a bit like the 2-2 draw there last year. It's already a really vital game for both teams with Youths risking being bottom if they lose and Fingal possibly sitting 8 points behing Shels if they go down.

Being optimistic I'd go for a 2-2 draw, the realist in me expects a Fingal win by 2 clear goals, maybe 3-1.

Tallaght Stadium Regular

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts
    Pre-season we easily matched 3 premier teams for quality and only let in a dodgy penalty. Against Shels, we were a bit negative and Mick obviously set himself up for a draw. On Friday, in apalling conditions, we were very poor. The team was greatly changed from before due to injuries and suspensions.
    Against Fingal, it will all depend on how we learn from Friday and on who we have back.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    If we play anywhere like we did against UCD, yous will have a chance. We where terrible. We really did look like a team that hasnt played with each other, which is fair enough but some of the simple mistakes we made where just ridiculous. Anyway ill go for a closely contested match. We will have plenty of the ball but will not know what to do with it and we will get a scrapy goal off someones backside to win 1 nil. I love how optimistic i am

It will be the result that will help gell the team though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

have to agree with both passinginterest & oldyouth on the review of our performances both sum up our start to the season nicely

If Zayed performance against Waterford was anything to go by probably why he did not play against UCD. When Doyle replaced Zayed against Waterford Fingal looked a much better team
    And Miles To Go Before We Sleep

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Youths4Ever View Post
    have to agree with both passinginterest & oldyouth on the review of our performances both sum up our start to the season nicely

If Zayed performance against Waterford was anything to go by probably why he did not play against UCD. When Doyle replaced Zayed against Waterford Fingal looked a much better team
    It must have been really bad. He wasnt even on the bench

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts
    I thought Zayed was injured for the game against us.
    We're not arrogant, we're just better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Schumi View Post
    I thought Zayed was injured for the game against us.
    I presumed that myself. Didnt hear anything official though

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Heard someone say Buckley was blaming the weather for the UCD performance. Weather will be dry for this game though so we shall see if he was telling the truth. Hopefully the fog stays away...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts
    It must have been really bad. He wasnt even on the bench
    His performance was not that bad to not be on bench as said probably injured
    Last edited by Youths4Ever; 19/03/2009 at 2:46 PM.
    And Miles To Go Before We Sleep

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    O Neil and Paisley out of tonight's game due to injury

Also confirmed on Sporting Fingal website, that Zayed had a hip problem for last weeks game but is available for tonights game. So i guess it will be a strikeforce of Robbie Doyle and Zayed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    423 Posts
    Sitting in work blinding people with my pink jersey on Looking forward to a really good game tonight.

Youths have none of their five first choice strikers available so it'll be interesting to see who get's lumped up front.

Tallaght Stadium Regular

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by passinginterest View Post
    Sitting in work blinding people with my pink jersey on Looking forward to a really good game tonight.

Youths have none of their five first choice strikers available so it'll be interesting to see who get's lumped up front.
    Oh yeah. Thats for charity isnt it, No wait a minute

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by passinginterest View Post

Bloody hell! Sounds like betting on Wexford to fail to score might be of interest.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    423 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFingallian View Post
    Bloody hell! Sounds like betting on Wexford to fail to score might be of interest.
    It's hard to know to be honest. Wallace might call up someone from the under 18 squad, although the best player from that is on international schools duty, or he might play someone like Conor Sinnott up front, who would be capable of doing a job, or possibly throw one of the big lads up there to try and do a Gary Doherty type role. Wallace is so unpredictable we might just play a 5-5 formation and not bother with forwards at all.

Tallaght Stadium Regular

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts
    Word is it could be Conor up front. But you would get very poor odds on us to score 0
    Good man Passing, get your pink out for the boys!!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    thank god. A win
    Not the best first half. We where looking really bad until we got the goal. What a goal though. Great work from kirby with a nice finish from Zayed.
    The second half was a lot better from us. While not perfect we did show at times what this team is capable of. Great performances from Kirby and Byrne at the back. Wexford looked like a team without any strikers. Hard luck to the youths but they never looked like scoring

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts
    I know it is an old excuse but our injury list would make a fine team. We will be more competitive when they come back.
    Debut for Mullen up front, straight from the U18s and Kelly playing out of position (IMO) alongside.
    That's the 3 title favourites out of the way for a while, so now a chance to make progress

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oldyouth View Post
    I know it is an old excuse but our injury list would make a fine team. We will be more competitive when they come back.
    Debut for Mullen up front, straight from the U18s and Kelly playing out of position (IMO) alongside.
    That's the 3 title favourites out of the way for a while, so now a chance to make progress
    Its considered an old excuse but its still a valid one to be fair. You looked like a team missing players. It wasnt the same quality you showed the last time at Morton.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Our season starts now really, really frustrating that we have so many forwards ruled out. Fresh start v Longford on Friday.
    A man can have no greater love than give 90 minutes to his friends

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast