Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MNS & The First Div.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Maynard View Post
    Not necessary. Harps - UCD - Shels - Longford - Waterford - and others all have perfectly suitable TV gantries (most if not all have been used for live games in the past) and as I mentioned above most are filming their own games anyway. If the clubs are sending in camera phones from an upturned Guinness crate then of course RTE won't (and shouldn't) give them air-time. I know that Shels film all of their home games from the Riverside and the quality of the footage is excellent as those who film it put highlight DVD's on sale for the SSDG at regular intervals during the season and have done for 2+ years now AFAIK
    The record the away games aswell but obviously not all clubs have TV gantries but it generally looks quite good.

While I think showing highlights might be a step too far for MNS a short little 5-10 minute discussion wouldn't hurt.

International Prospect DmanDmythDledge's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    There isn't enough time in the show to give the Premier Division a decent amount of coverage so there's no chance of them being able to squeeze in time for the First Division, even before taking costs etc into account.

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    539 Posts
    was talkin to our PRO last night and he was sayin to me there should be a few mins allocated for the first division. also its an awful pity that mooney and fahy werent asked for their opinion on the eircom league instead of the league across the water. also why are they showin classic ireland matches it should be eircom loi or have rte ran out of archive??
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    I couldn't be bothered reading down through all the posts.
    I totally disagree with the cost issue, if they really wanted to they could easily afford to have a camera at EVERY First Division ground.

Is there any way of starting a petition on here for games to be aired on M.N.S. I mean lets face it, even that load of r()bb!$h on TV3 showed the odd (now I said odd) First Division game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DmanDmythDledge View Post
    There isn't enough time in the show to give the Premier Division a decent amount of coverage so there's no chance of them being able to squeeze in time for the First Division, even before taking costs etc into account.
    Ah come off it! Do you even watch the show?! The needless intro where they have pre-recorded clips of the feckin pundits for God sake! 60/Thunderstrike/That singing rubbish/Clips of old Ireland games/reading emails/showing pics/giving out contact info...And there's not enough time to show a few goals?

Don't get me wrong, you can't say 5/10 minutes chat or footage of the FD - Even five minutes is a HUGE chunk of a show that (ads aside) clocks in at about 48/50 mins I'd say. BUT that's not what you'd need here - 2.30 - 3mins would be plenty to show a handful of goals and give a quick chinwag about a particular incident/game/upcoming event in the FD.

It's just that everybody has the Fran Gavin "If the First Division is so tough then why don't you get out of it?" mentality

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    God I hope we don't start showing 1st division games, probably the best way to turn kids of LOI football.

The 60's, thunderstrike are all good craic, gets people interested in the league
    MD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    433 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrtndvn View Post
    God I hope we don't start showing 1st division games, probably the best way to turn kids of LOI football.

The 60's, thunderstrike are all good craic, gets people interested in the league
    Don't think the karaoke thing would though.
    Cumann Peile Dún Dealgan - Champions 2015 (too many accolades to be typing)

Termonbarry Athletic TID!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Some of the stadiums would be of sufficient quality but the last thing we need is for them to show highlights of

Jackman Park at a Limerick game
    A half empty Tolka Park
    A Mons, UCD or Kildare game with the attendences they get
    and the crowds at the other games are nothing to write home about either to be fair

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jebus View Post
    Some of the stadiums would be of sufficient quality but the last thing we need is for them to show highlights of

Jackman Park at a Limerick game
    A half empty Tolka Park
    A Mons, UCD or Kildare game with the attendences they get
    and the crowds at the other games are nothing to write home about either to be fair
    We'd be doing well...it holds over 9,000...

For the record our home crowds are basically the same as they were in the PD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    We'd be doing well...it holds over 9,000...

For the record our home crowds are basically the same as they were in the PD
    Fair enough, I'd be in favour of not showing Shels if they get back to the Premier as well

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Fair enough, I'd be in favour of not showing Shels if they get back to the Premier as well
    I'd be in favour of giving Limerick to the Brits in exchange for the North - but hey - we all have our opinions

Hope you lot bring the champagne with you on Friday again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts
    I dont see why they couldnt do a 5 min on the league. Or at least if they do insist on doing thunderstrike or other silly bits, include first divison teams in that so that the people watching get to become familiar with the division on some level.

International Prospect DmanDmythDledge's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Ah come off it! Do you even watch the show?! The needless intro where they have pre-recorded clips of the feckin pundits for God sake! 60/Thunderstrike/That singing rubbish/Clips of old Ireland games/reading emails/showing pics/giving out contact info...And there's not enough time to show a few goals?

Don't get me wrong, you can't say 5/10 minutes chat or footage of the FD - Even five minutes is a HUGE chunk of a show that (ads aside) clocks in at about 48/50 mins I'd say. BUT that's not what you'd need here - 2.30 - 3mins would be plenty to show a handful of goals and give a quick chinwag about a particular incident/game/upcoming event in the FD.

It's just that everybody has the Fran Gavin "If the First Division is so tough then why don't you get out of it?" mentality
    You've said mostly what I was going to say so you've saved me a good bit of typing.

They show very little of each match as it is. An hour long programme isn't really long enough imo. Adding goals of First Division matches is not a good idea for loads of reasons- in this context it would only make the show seem even more of a rushjob, even if it was replacing some of the gimmicks that they have.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    I'd be in favour of giving Limerick to the Brits in exchange for the North - but hey - we all have our opinions

Hope you lot bring the champagne with you on Friday again.
    We still have a few bottles of Dundalk vintage left over from their Christmas hamper they sent us so we'll be bringing that alright

We're running a sweepstakes on how many of our SC bus windows get smashed in as well, I'm saying three, do you want in?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    218 Posts
    They could give us a mention, even just 5 minutes of talk as I'd say they can't afford to send cameras to the First Division grounds (nor should they with some of the crowds down here, it would look terrible). Well maybe they could show an important game or two near the end of the season

If they did that I might tune in for instance, don't know if there are any other First Division fans like me but I've got zero interest in the show and have watched it about twice
    Well I'm not in Ireland for this season and even if I was I wouldn't bother watchin it cos of the lack of coverage the First Division is giving.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    On MNS and coverage of the LOI this item that appeared in the Dundalk v Drogheda Matchday programme is well worth a read.

http://www.dundalkfc.com/news/090322_MNS.asp
    Neale Fenn on retiring: 'I think once you finish you might as well finish rather than making all sorts of comebacks.'

International Prospect passinginterest's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    425 Posts
    Would the fanscope segment possibly present an opportunity for clubs to submit footage? I'm sure they'd be happy to show a spectacular goal from the first if decent footage was sent in.

Personally I think it's a good show and I don't have any real problem with them dedicating it to premier division, that said a bit more time given to results and fixtures from the first wouldn't go astray.

Tallaght Stadium Regular

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    433 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SMorgan View Post
    On MNS and coverage of the LOI this item that appeared in the Dundalk v Drogheda Matchday programme is well worth a read.

http://www.dundalkfc.com/news/090322_MNS.asp
    Yes great interview.
    Cumann Peile Dún Dealgan - Champions 2015 (too many accolades to be typing)

Termonbarry Athletic TID!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    I think that Mns really should conisder showing 1st division goals on the show.When you take all the games into account 1st division clubs played last season were only showen 1 or 2 times in the fai cup. Really must be annoying for supporters of 1st division clubs watching mns onlt seeing the result of their game on the screen at the end.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by atfconline View Post
    Heading home from Limerick on Friday night, Radio 1 couldn't even confirm the full-time score from two Premier Division games, about half an hour after the games had ended.
    they must have been relying on aertel!
    It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up.
    Muhammad Ali

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast