Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Bus appreciation Society

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Bus appreciation Society

We have all been on them. They have got us from A to B & There & back again. 4 wheels, a driver, lots of windows & kids down the back. I am of course waxing lyrical about Buses. I profess to love them & would like your thoughts on them. I think everyone is generally for them & they dont cause much harm. Anway in the light of our away trip to Wexford on Friday night I would like to get a show of hands regarding setting up a Bus appreciation society withing the Club? We could convene in the Parking lot before the game & see if we can spot some buses. I believe Wexford Youths have a nice spacy shuttle one. We could get pictures taken beside it etc. Martinho seeing as your in an official capacity maybe we could get some documentation together & distribute it?
    Also if anyone would like to post pics of their favourite buses then go right ahead. The Internet is full of this sort of codswallop so get cracking. Ronnie B I bet you would like your own private bus to get you from home to the Town games & back again all paid for by the Club? Well guess what? Start posting here & one day this little egg will sprout wings & fly.
    One of the main things I like about Buses is possibilities. By that I mean you can quite feasibly use a Bus to go to a match, drape it in bunting inside & out & also possibly have tables made out of Teak on which to place your food, drinks & court documents.
    My ideal bus would have a marble carved head of Pat Fenlon on the front of it, 10 feet by 10 feet so I could drive it round the country & head to his house with it & drive into the front room.
    Dont get me started on the fact he might not have any Teak products in his front room.
    Buses anyone?
    I just sit down at the typewriter & start hittin the keys, just hittin the keys. Getting them in the right order though thats the trick, thats the trick.

Garth Merenghi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Do they do City Pimp buses anymore?
    'Fascists dress in black and go round telling people what to do, where as priests.....'

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Tasty Pauro, tasty. You can combine a lot of elements of fun onto a bus. Furniture, music, travel & a choice of directions in which to do it in, North South East & even West.
    I just sit down at the typewriter & start hittin the keys, just hittin the keys. Getting them in the right order though thats the trick, thats the trick.

Garth Merenghi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Was never a fan of the snot green Dublin buses back in the day. Horrible processed peas colour that they still use for the DAAAART. Eww.
    'Fascists dress in black and go round telling people what to do, where as priests.....'

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauro 76 View Post
    Was never a fan of the snot green Dublin buses back in the day. Horrible processed peas colour that they still use for the DAAAART. Eww.
    Disagree, always a memory of arriving off the boat onto the quays and seeing those buses.
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.