Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bray vs. Dundalk, Good Friday - New Kick-off time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    The ref was pretty terrible. He called a Dundalk player back in the first half to take the throw-in from where the ball went out but didn't do it anytime the Bray lads were moving the ball forward.
    Extratime.ie

Yo te quiero, mi querida. Sin tus besos, yo soy nada.

Abri o portão de ouro, da maquina do tempo.

Mi mamá me hizo guapo, listo y antimadridista.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    I think he also called back a dundalk player for a foul in the second half and it wasnt the player involved.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tippex View Post
    I think he also called back a dundalk player for a foul in the second half and it wasnt the player involved.
    yeah the foul was made by burns and he called back kelly who was later sent off!
    roddy collins should be a comedian!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    433 Posts
    Can't wait for MNS. Penalty or not why did Simon Kelly get a yellow card for it? Butthead shouldn't be allowed ref a PD game.
    Cumann Peile Dún Dealgan - Champions 2015 (too many accolades to be typing)

Termonbarry Athletic TID!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    The ref couldn't have given the peno for a foul because it was not a foul, he won the ball but from were i was it looked like the player moved his arm and controlled the ball but having a 2nd look on Monday night and we should know why hopefully.

In relation to the back pass, are you serious ? the ball was launched down field over Foran's head he swung a foot at it and it went across our box. Believe me, Foran couldn't do that if he tried haha

On play and chances created we fully deserved to win the game. We were by far the better team IMO.

Who was it that elbowed Shields ? was it Turner ? His mouth was in bits at the end of the game as he was walking off the pitch.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    He kept looking at Mansaram and holding his jaw at one stage.
    Extratime.ie

Yo te quiero, mi querida. Sin tus besos, yo soy nada.

Abri o portão de ouro, da maquina do tempo.

Mi mamá me hizo guapo, listo y antimadridista.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Both sides seemed happy to take a point as the second half progressed. Although we may have shaded it on chances created I think a draw was a fair result. Didn't look like a penalty and the sending off seemed harsh, but on the other hand we were unlucky to not have scored one or two that hit the woodwork. Really should have put Coulter under more pressure imo, only really had one save to make that was anything other than routine and that was right at the end.
    Agree that Flood is improving, but how he didn't score that header is beyond me it looked easier to score than miss.
    I'd love to invent a time machine then go back in time and win the lottery, buy new players and a stadium. Time machines are brilliant aren't they- Ian Holloway

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts
    Read the review of the game in the Times sports section, whoever wrote it obviously wasnt at the game.
    "I'm just a chilled out entertainer"

Blog

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Here is the text of the irish times report for anyone that hasnt read it. definately a different game than I was at if they are claiming dundalk were dominent.

LEAGUE OF IRELAND PREMIER DIVISION: Bray Wanderers 1 Dundalk 1

BRAY MAY have struck the woodwork four times, but they needed a dubious penalty to earn a point at the Carlisle Grounds last night.

It’s a game Dundalk defender Simon Kelly will want to quickly forget as he was harshly adjudged to have handled for Bray’s spot kick in first-half stoppage time before being sent off late on.

Dundalk deservedly went in front on 42 minutes when the hardworking Declan O’Brien got a close-range flick to George O’Callaghan’s cross to turn the ball past O’Connor.

But an apparently harsh decision gifted Bray an equaliser in first-half stoppage time. Simon Kelly slid in to win a challenge on Jake Kelly on the edge of the area with his arm touching the ball on the ground.

To vociferous protests, Cork referee Anthony Buttimer pointed to the spot and Kelly sent debutant goalkeeper Ryan Coulter the wrong way from Bray’s fourth penalty in three home games.

Dundalk remained the dominant side into the second half, forcing five corners, but it was Bray who came within inches of taking the lead on 67 minutes when Chris Shields’ 25-yarder came back of the angle of the bar and post.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    HAHA i wonder where that reporter is from????

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    to clear up the peno incident, have a look at the pictures on the Bray site...

http://www.braywanderers.ie/index.ph...8b7c3cce2c4bf1

he looks more like a goalkeeper in the picture!!!!

and the lad got sent off for 2 yellow cards both for fouls on Gary McCabe. He fouled him out on the left wing then 5 minutes later in the middle of the pitch. Both deserved cards imo, clear fouls and was fouling all game.

But i will admit that Buttimer is not a good ref at all... But is there any good refs in the league!!!!!
    Last edited by dublinwanderer; 12/04/2009 at 10:30 PM. Reason: oooops

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    433 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dublinwanderer View Post
    to clear up the peno incident, have a look at the pictures on the Bray site...

http://www.braywanderers.ie/index.php?eID=tx_cms_showpic&file=uploads%2Fpics%2 FDundalk13-Bray_Penalty_02.jpg&width=800m&height=600m&bodyTag =%3Cbody%20bgcolor%3D%22black%22%3E&wrap=%3Ca%20hr ef%3D%22javascript%3Aclose()%3B%22%3E%20|%20%3C%2F a%3E&md5=0ee066f44ce66056c18b7c3cce2c4bf1

he looks more like a goalkeeper in the picture!!!!

and the lad got sent off for 2 yellow cards both for fouls on Gary McCabe. I fouled him out on the left wing then 5 minutes later in the middle of the pitch. Both deserved cards imo, clear fouls and was fouling all game.

But i will admit that Buttimer is not a good ref at all... But is there any good refs in the league!!!!!
    So, which player are you?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    So, which player are you?
    oooops

i'm simon kelly, big bray fan though!!!! tried to get sent off in the first minute!!! and tried to score a few og's too!!! hahahaha

cheeky cnut!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Mulroy needs a serious talking to about team play. If he slides the ball to coughlan right beside him for the shot he hit the post with coughlan has an open goal and we go 2-1 up. Poor decision making which cost us 2 valuable points
    I'd love to invent a time machine then go back in time and win the lottery, buy new players and a stadium. Time machines are brilliant aren't they- Ian Holloway

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    433 Posts
    No way was that a peno. Shouldn't be allowed ref a Junior game nvm a PD one..

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    No way was that a peno. Shouldn't be allowed ref a Junior game nvm a PD one..
    Your dead right, never a peno in a million years. Accidential hand ball in the box which should have been an indirect freekick, that's all it should have been. Sending off was correct i thought, 2 bookable offences.

But in saying all that i really don't know why Connor at any stage during that game thought Dundalk deserved 3 points, mind games maybe to keep his players focused ? Dundalk were blessed to take a point from the game, never mind 3 points.

Also a point about Colm Foley who was commenting on the match last night, now he was at the game on Friday and he said the game turned on the sending off and we hit the post 3/4 times after that. WRONG.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulsey View Post
    Mulroy needs a serious talking to about team play. If he slides the ball to coughlan right beside him for the shot he hit the post with coughlan has an open goal and we go 2-1 up. Poor decision making which cost us 2 valuable points
    Watched it again last night and it was Byrne who should have passed to Mulroy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulsey View Post
    Watched it again last night and it was Byrne who should have passed to Mulroy

hahahaha
    fool

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dublinwanderer View Post
    oooops

i'm simon kelly, big bray fan though!!!! tried to get sent off in the first minute!!! and tried to score a few og's too!!! hahahaha

cheeky cnut!!!
    Enough said

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12