Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Man U

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Man U

I like to be the contrarian in any discussion and all season I have been saying Man U have not played well - to their standard

Having said that I saw them at UP and they were super - but super in terms of control, discipline, passing the ball, defending - and not in terms of creating chance after chance.

They were very good without carving us open - I thought that was down to WH being pretty good that day but even still, they were very good but not explosive in the way they have been

They have been, to use one of my buddies words, gash for the last month, and probably since christmas. They have gotten results without performances for most of the season and the only reason there is focus oin them now is that their continued lacklustre performances are resulting in defeats or near defeats.

So why is this ? 2 reasons - the hairdresser's mind is in madrid and they don't have a dominant centre midfielder. They kind of replaced keane with scholes and tried to with veron and these guys - but scholes is past it and while I am a huge carrick admirer he is a tidy player but not a keane, vieira, essien, alonso, rui costa, etc etc

They are lacking big style in the centre although giggs has been a more than able filler and the hairdresser on the wing is scratching is nads every week

This is a problem - do not kid youirself - results frequently mask crap performances - and at this rate they will win bugger all

Thoughts ?
    DB Cooper is alive !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I'm a die hard Man U fan and a lot of what you said is true. I'm not pushing the panic button just yet but results and performances of late have been a concern.
    I think United have taken a slightly different approach lately in focusing on defence and getting away with 1-0 wins, fine but if you get a team like the scousers who play with one striker and sometimes none at all it's hard to break them down and the midfield is not as solid as previous years, Fletcher, Carrick, Anderson are not as you say Keane or Essien or Viera.
    Ronaldo is definately gone off the boil and we know why. He was phenomenal last year and deserved his FIFA player of the year but if the guy's head is not where it's supposed to be then it's time to reconsider his place at the club.
    After the liverpool match we would have responded with a trashing of Fulham today but it didn't happen, two sending offs, Fulham deserved to win and frustration and petulance all over the place. Maybe Fergie has gone off the boil too.
    These guys would have got a Glasgow shoe up the arse (or in the eye) in the past.
    Esse Quam Videri

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    214 Posts
    Man Utd played 4-3-3 the past two seasons and blew teams away on the counter attack. Fergie brought in Berbatov and since then have more often than not have played 4-4-2 to accomodate the 30 million pound striker. He's had flashes of brilliance this season but a lot of United fans are starting to lose patience with him.

Rooney, Tevez and Ronaldo in a front 3 used to panic opposition defences. Throw in the fact that Rooney and Tevez can press all day up top also meant defenders had little time on the ball when in possession. That is no longer the case when the Bulgarian is in the starting lineup because Berbatov doesn't move when Man Utd don't have the ball. The defensive solidity of the past few months (bar Liverpool and Fulham game today) has overshadowed Man Utd's attacking deficiencies this season in some respects.

Ronadlo playing in 2nd gear all season also hasn't helped but I do think that Fergie's formation change has had a detrimental effect on United as an attacking unit. I'm confident Man Utd will turn this bad run of form around and will win the Championship but there is defintely room for improvement. Fergie will have cut loose today but dropping Rooney and Tevez didn't help.

Scholes and Giggs need replacing (the latter has been fantastic this season at times but cannot go on forever) and it will be interesting to see what Fergie does over the next few weeks and months. Anderson has disappointed this season after a very impressive season last year and Nani hasn't done anything of note. Carrick is Carrick.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    Ronaldo does my head in. His continual whinging, yapping and strops when he loses the ball are very annoying.

I'm a Liverpool supporter though, so I can sort of live with this annoyance.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

United jus not clicking

maybe this is just because of the recent run of poor results but united are just not clicking, and i dont think they have done for many games this season.
    although of the back of one of their best runs ever, their was alot of games where we jus didnt play well and got a one-nil win, not that i was complaining when we were getting them but not that we arent defending aswel, thats being highlighted.
    one of the reason for such poor defending i think is having o'shea in right back, i dont share the view of alot a people that he s a donkey i think he is a very important player for the team but i just think he just not drive forward enough this was highlighted in the liverpool match where he did not play one past forward in the 2nd half and many of his passes actually left rio stranded. when our wing backs our not proforming i think it makes ronaldo and rooneys wide runs easier to defend against.
    think united wont kck on again until with solve our right back problem and evra gets confidence back after havin been roasted in the CC final against Lennon, hopefully he gets the nod in front of abidal for france to get him going again.

but hey all is not lost, a hard game for the pool tomo against villa, were still top. its our to lose, and fergie is the master. GGMU!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Fergie to step down???

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...106083,00.html

What do you guys make of this? Looks like Fergie Jnr. is looking for his inheritance already.
    I hope Sir Alex finishes when he feels it's right and having achieved what he wants, ie. 19 titles before the red scousers do it. Sweet.
    For the record, my choice of successor... Jose!!!
    Esse Quam Videri

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Federico Macheda.... you beauty!!!! remember the name folks.
    Esse Quam Videri

International Prospect DmanDmythDledge's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Angus View Post
    So why is this ? ...and they don't have a dominant centre midfielder. They kind of replaced keane with scholes and tried to with veron and these guys - but scholes is past it and while I am a huge carrick admirer he is a tidy player but not a keane, vieira, essien, alonso, rui costa, etc etc

They are lacking big style in the centre although giggs has been a more than able filler and the hairdresser on the wing is scratching is nads every week
    I'd agree with that. I'm an admirer of Carrick for the same reason as yourself but as you say he will never dominate midfield. If United can get a top class CM they will win another CL with this side. If Essien had signed a couple of years ago rather than going to Chelsea it would have made a huge difference.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,637 Posts
    some game today!!

once they got the equaliser, you could smell the winner coming...

Thought Roanldo was disgraceful all game though. Attitude, arms flailing, not tracking back.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    He was I agree, but I would take that if he scores 2 goals like that when they need it if I was a Man Utd fan.
    In Trap we trust

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,637 Posts
    true that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Which channel is showing Everton v Man Utd in the FA Cup semi. Setanta are showing Arsenal v Chelsea but don't seem to have the other one.

http://www.setanta.com/ie/Our-Sports/Football/FA-Cup/

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    FA Cup games on ITV

FORMERLY: shannonman Lev Yashin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Denis The Red View Post
    Federico Macheda.... you beauty!!!! remember the name folks.
    They almost showed more of him warming up last night than they did of the actual match!!! shocking...still great result!!!
    My Goal Is To Deny Yours...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shannonman View Post
    They almost showed more of him warming up last night than they did of the actual match!!! shocking...still great result!!!
    probally one of utd better players last night as well even during his warm up : !!

" football is a simple game "

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Panic Buttons have had the hands over but are now well and truely off. A win against Boro Saturday and we're along way towards our 11th Premier League Title. Brilliant second half against Spurs and one which can buck us up for last few games. Ya the penalty was controversial but we completely outplayed them in the second half. People moaning about the penalty should remember we had a clear penalty decision v Everton the week before but never got it. The saying is true that luck cancels itself out over the season. Anyone any thoughts v Arsenal in Champions League. I reckon if we can keep a clean sheet in our first match at Old Trafford it'll get us to the final - Fingers Crossed. GGMU
    Limerick Till I Die - I know I am, Im Sure I am......
    Keep the Red Flag Flying high!
    Keep the Blue Flag Flying high!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pious37 View Post
    Panic Buttons have had the hands over but are now well and truely off. A win against Boro Saturday and we're along way towards our 11th Premier League Title. Brilliant second half against Spurs and one which can buck us up for last few games. Ya the penalty was controversial but we completely outplayed them in the second half. People moaning about the penalty should remember we had a clear penalty decision v Everton the week before but never got it. The saying is true that luck cancels itself out over the season. Anyone any thoughts v Arsenal in Champions League. I reckon if we can keep a clean sheet in our first match at Old Trafford it'll get us to the final - Fingers Crossed. GGMU
    I'd like to have at least 2-0 going to The Emirates. I think it will happen as well. United will get stuck into them and keep it tight. I can't see them not scoring a couple of times having seen Arsenal trying to defend at Anfield last week.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Does anybody know how long United have to sort out the Carlos Tevez affair? when does he become fair game?

Formerly: Rafa B
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DeLorean View Post
    Does anybody know how long United have to sort out the Carlos Tevez affair? when does he become fair game?
    Think i heard on SSN that they have until May 31st.

Would love to see him at Liverpool and there have been lots of rumours but wouldn't be shocked to see him end up at Man City. Like most footballers it will come down to who offers him the best wage packet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    He will be at Man Utd next season. I have no doubt about that.
    In Trap we trust

Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast