Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Rock Returns

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

The Rock Returns

after an 8 month absence the rock returned to RAW on monday night to bring back the rock and sock connection, will he stay for long this time, and will foley be an wresltemania XX. i think foley will be at wrestlemania XX in the garden, which by the way i'm going to !!!! and i think he will face the rock or undertaker will comt to the raw brand for revenge on kane ????
    Ignore Max Power, he is no more, the future is Ron Burgundy. I'd love to be Ron Burgundy but they won't let me........

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    He won't be around for long - he's got about five movies to do in the next twelve months.
    And stay out of Bumtown, ya no talent bum.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

Exclamation .....................................

Originally posted by UCD_4_Life
    He won't be around for long - he's got about five movies to do in the next twelve months.
    Delighted !! ..... might see less of the fool.
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    all going straight to video, just like the rundown that i seen in the states in sept and no sign of it here yet, good movie and as normal vince was the ex producer
    Ignore Max Power, he is no more, the future is Ron Burgundy. I'd love to be Ron Burgundy but they won't let me........

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    fool, at least you could call him an ass clown

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    For one thing Max, people avoid looking at wrestling sites so we can enjoy Raw (if possible, its utter drivel these days) and SD. so try not and post spoilers here.

One the topic at hand, the Rocks return is another attempt to get Raws ratings up and its admission. Raw is a horrible bad shoew these days, which tottally encompasses sports entertainment . The level of performer is shockingly bad. The fact that Goldberg and HHH are main eventing PPV after PPV is indicitive of how bad its gone. Then u look down the card, you see a guy like Jericho/Christian/RVD totally wasted. And another thing, it was seen last time Rock returned that he works so much better as the arrogant heel. Its entertaining, and he brings the best out of everyone. Not too mention he does well at putting over new talent.

Raw is still WWE main show. No wonder its stock and attendences and buy rate is going so far down hill. Its boring. Foley is boring. Austin is boring (once a legend), HBK is boring. Raw has let its talent go stale, and its a shame. Then u look across at Smackdown and its outstanding. None of the real HUGE names are there, but damn, they put on a heck of a show. Lookingat talent like Brock, Benoit, Kurt, Cena, Eddie. It makes for a great show. Great in ring work with a promo here and there, rather than the other way around, like the way Raw has become.

Oh and BTW Max, if u are going to XX, i hate you.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

Exclamation ...........................................

Anyone seen the Lemmings version of Wrestling .... apparantly it is very realistic.
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    gary a lot of what you said i agree with, but foley isn't boring, hes the only bit of life in the show in the last while, bret hart is on the way back (sorry) and there are talks on going with sting to get him, i do feel if the undertaker comes it might do something and i have a feeling the old dark undertaker will return once more.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Originally posted by max power
    bret hart is on the way back (
    He's the guy whose brother got squashed like a bug when the chain snapped off a steel cage and he plummeted to a 100 ft drop to his death...then his opponents thought it was part of the act so they started waylaying into him with a flurry of boots before they realised that he was brown bread....Great TV!!

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    no joe it wasn't as evil as that, a lowering device malfunctioned and he was bounced off the ground a few times and died, sad loss, owen hart was a real talent.

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    I loathe The Rock for much the same reason as I loathe a lot of americans - all brash mouth and no substance. That people's elbow is just brutal!!! Brutal I tell you!
    The ball is round and has many surprises.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Originally posted by sadloserkid
    That people's elbow is just brutal!!! Brutal I tell you!
    Ya but it's funny when you do it at four in the morning on the way home.

On concrete.

My own personal favourite is a rock bottom through a hedge.
    Whatever it was I am sure it was better than my plan to get out of this by pretending to be mad. I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    Personally I'd go for a Swanton Bomb off the roof of the Shed onto a couple of mattresses that have been dragged into the back garden for precisely that purporse.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    the Swanton Bomb has been done in that way many years ago when foley was a teenager, get the footage, he jumped from the top of his garage into a load of cardboard boxes, better than any move i've ever seen in the ring, the only real legand is flair wooooooooooooooooooooooohh !!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Wrestling xi

Goalkeeper: Yokazuna (nothing would pass him)
    Defence; Andre The Giant, Undertaker, Kevin Nash, Batista.
    Midfield: Benoit, Mr Perfect, Kurt Angle, X-Pac
    Strikers: HHH, Stone Cold.
    Subs, Rikishi (GK), Hogan, Bret Hart, Ted Dibiase( need money for transfers) Honky Tonk Man and Randy Savage.

4-4-2 formation based on a goalkeeper so big he takes up the entire frame, defenders so big you can't get round them or beat them in the air. A quick, strong midfield, and brute force, ignorance and no little skill up front.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    i can't believe cena isn't in there , word life !!!! that guy is gonna be big, very big, good on the mic , good moves, a bi tof comedy i think he's the next angle !!!

i wouldn't have hogan anywhere near that team, i can't stand him.

what about sid ????? and flair woooooooooooooooohhhh !!!!!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Com'on how can you have a team of WWE superstars without the greatest WWE team of all time, Im talking Shaun Michaels and Marty Janetti (spelling?).

I'd go with

Earthquake

Angle, Andre The Giant, The Big Show, Bret Hart

Koki Beware*, John Cena, The Undertaker, Tatonka+

Michaels, Janetti

*(I think that was his name, he was Owen Harts tag team partner for years, did alot of off the top ropes stuff. A smallish/medium build black guy)

+(Not sure of the spelling, Native Americian Indian, he invented the Freddy Ljungberg red streak)

I've gone for a quicker team, I think I could really hurt your team down the wings especially
    Oh no not them again

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    well think sting should be in there somewhere, what a talent, he would really get raw back on track.

jimmy sucka as well and for those high flying, risk taking tackle, foley has to get a place in midfield.
    and i'd make the hurricane the reporter on the sideline,

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    and its gotta be managed by Bobby 'The Brain' Heenan, with a whole bevy of cute physios and masseuses such as Trish Stratus, Stephanie McMahon, Terri, Miss Elizabeth and Tori.....slobbering Homer Simpson Style at the moment......mmmmmmmmmmm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    Originally posted by SÓCcfc
    Marty Janetti (spelling?).

Koki Beware*
    *(I think that was his name, he was Owen Harts tag team partner for years, did alot of off the top ropes stuff. A smallish/medium build black guy)

Tatonka+
    +(Not sure of the spelling, Native Americian Indian, he invented the Freddy Ljungberg red streak)
    The rockers were Shawn Michaels and Marty Jannetty if I'm to be pedantic about it. As a tag-team they were flashy but never won the tag titles and Jannetty's solo career petered out pretty quickly once his fued with Michaels died down and he had to get by on his own. Janetty can't make your team!!!

Koko B. Ware was a midcarder for years, teamed up with The British Bulldogs back around Wrestlemania IV I think. When the New Foundation disbanded due to Jim 'The Anvil' Neidhart picking up a long term injury B. Ware was drafted in to form a tag-team with Owen 'The Rocket' Hart (as he was then known) called High Energy. They hung around the tag division for a couple of years without ever making a big splash before Owen Hart moved up the singles ladder and Koko headed onto the independent circut.

Your native american was called Tatanka and initially at least he looked to be on the cusp of big things. He set off on a massive unbeaten run, turning over Razor Ramon a couple of times before eventually losing a match against Finnish journeyman Ludwig Borga (who was unbeaten himself for ages). I think Tatanka even had a short spell as Intercontintal Champ before it all went downhill. As the 90's moved on, the WWF was trying to get away from the comic-bookish goodies and baddies scenario so for some reason they turned Tatanka into a heel. He sold out to 'Million Dollar Man' Ted DiBiase for lots and lots of money, incurring the wrath of just-turned heel Lex Luger. He vanished off the map virtually overnight afterwards...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast